Meet partners at Sex Addict Anonymous - ok or not?

Do you think it is OK to look for a dating partner at Sex Addict Anonymous meetings?

I think it would be a great idea, as you can find like-minded individuals and you can help each other overcome your life's challenges.

What do you think?

dating partner? or Bow chik a wowa partner?

Deleted
    This kinda reminds me of the scene in Breaking Bad, where Jesse, a meth cook, decides to sell drugs at an AA meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    dating partner? or Bow chik a wowa partner?
    More like "like-minded individuals" partner...

Deleted
    Its pretty despicable, these people believe themselves to have a genuine problem and want to better themselves. You going there with the intention of picking people up for sex is like turning up to alcoholics anonymous with a few bottles of vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Its pretty despicable, these people believe themselves to have a genuine problem and want to better themselves. You going there with the intention of picking people up for sex is like turning up to alcoholics anonymous with a few bottles of vodka.
    so very much this, and as was mentioned before reminds me of breaking bad

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that can't happen, you can't meet like minded individuals there for dating, because those people who go there are going because they know they have a problem they want to stop, so that's actually a silly question.

If actually you meant, not like minded and just want to go there because you're so desperate, and know you can't get any unless you try to get people who have a problem, then yes it might work, But you'd be abit of a scumbag.

These are ofcourse, my opinions, that I'm allowed to have, Before anyone starts bitching as usual -.-'

It could turn out toxic! If both parties are encouraging the other one subconciously to behave sexually!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTester2085 View Post
    More like "like-minded individuals" partner...
    So first off ..... are you going to those meetings to get help with your addiction ?

Persons that join things like this are generaly people that need help with there problems not people that look for "like-minded" to date.

Actualy more sounds like you got the idea from a adult movie.

OT: no it is not ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the scene in Breaking Bad, where Jesse, a meth cook, decides to sell drugs at an AA meeting.
    Awkward moment when you just watched a bunch of the episodes and hear someone talk about it.

O_o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Do you think it is OK to look for a dating partner at Sex Addict Anonymous meetings?

I think it would be a great idea, as you can find like-minded individuals and you can help each other overcome your life's challenges.

What do you think?
    I think the biggest challenge you will face in life is finding a partner without resorting to trickery and preying on the mentally ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep using the term "like-minded individuals", but you've yet to tell us specifically what those like minds contain.

If you just want to find some other addict you can shag as much as your bodies can handle, you're an ass.

If you genuinely feel that it is a problem, and you feel that you need someone in your life who truly understands (understand, not approve/accept) what you're dealing with, then it's a good idea. I've seen good things happen with ex-alcoholics who kicked the habit together, druggies etc.. Probably the same thing for nymphos.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I dont think you understand what sex addiction is if your looking for a partner there... Look it up, seriously...

because if you think they could be anyones partner while still suffering from it you are beyond deluded and deserve to have your heart shredded apart when you find out they havent been entirely celibate(read they hooked up with a few dozen football teams)

Like minded individuals my left nut. You can find women who like lots of sex without preying on people who are addicts.
    Last edited by Morden; 2013-07-19 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typo

I think you're either a jerk, a liar or a troll.

You want to take advantage of people, set yourself up to look like someone who is sexually appealing here, or you're trying to get a rise out of general off topic.

All of these are incredibly lame, and you need to re-evaluate how you spend your time.

Deleted
    That doesen't really sound quite right.

Deleted

What do you think?
    I Think it sounds like the plot of "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that there is little point to a thread like this.