Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That still wouldn't give the people protesting against fur clothing the right to obstruct the person wearing fur their rights...
    How is being grouped with their right? Last time I checked Blizzard didn't pay us, it's the other way around so players can team up with and kick whoever they don't like for no reason at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    This is one thing I noticed while reading this entire thread. The ones that support the kicking and shaming of people buying the cash shop items are usually calm, give their reasons and viewpoints civilly. The pro shop people are downright rude, insulting, getting extremely personal and angry. I actually read a lot of nasty posts in here and noticed that none of them were being infracted. Then I noticed the moderators posting in here, and they were on the pro cash shop side. Very telling.
    This, and i freaking hate double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    you have no rights to your raidspot in lfr.
    Same rights as everyone else who has the ilvl requirement.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I would if I wouldn't suffer consequences, parading your sexuality is obnoxious and I shouldn't be forced to watch a group of grown ups walking around almost naked parading their junk in front of myself, little kids, and the other general population.

I don't parade my heterosexuality once a year by walking around yelling "Look at me, I am the natural order of things!".
    idd dude hurrah.... throwing parties to let the world know your a gayer is sick.. keep it to your bedroom you fekkin weirdos, the world doesn't need to know or care if you bat for the other team ffs ;p

im glad people are standing up for this. why should items be available to BUY???? how much money can one game cost to maintain?? aside from paying for your electric bill and sub and every other running cost you now have to BUY sparkly items if you want them??? things like this should only be available INGAME like everything else.. Blizz disappoint me greatly.. glad I aint playing anymore if this is the order of things pff.

To start off, I haven't bought any of the cosmetic helmets, mainly because they won't fit my characters appearance at all.

I'm just wondering why did people get so upset of blizzard to sell cosmetic items to those who really want them? How's that ripping off? Are those whiners maybe just poor, or underaged thus not have the possibility to buy these items? Or maybe it's a kind of fashion trend to whine about corporations making profit? The fuck really? If you don't like the helmets, don't want to buy them, that's just fine. It's a choice the buyers make, they want the helms for their reasons. You insist that YOU may have YOUR opinions that the helmets for cash is bad, but you do not tolerate the opinions of those who like that choice and the new helmets they really wanted? That's absolutely ridiculous and self-centered, close to making me feel ashamed to be a part of this world (along with all the other stupidities humankind has created and committed).

Short story: If you don't like the cash shop and/or the cosmetic helmets, that's fine. You can express that opinion in a proper manner, but kicking people or just harassing them in-game is stupid. Don't be an idiot.
    Last edited by Jiigeri; 2013-07-20 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    How is being grouped with their right? Last time I checked Blizzard didn't pay us, it's the other way around so players can team up with and kick whoever they don't like for no reason at all.
    Any way you could make those sentences more clear? I'm having problems understanding what your question or point is.

Sounds unlikely to me that people in lfr can gather enough together to kick a person for wearing the helmet.
    They might just have acted like douches talking about how they could afford the helmet or the like, and then blame it on the helmet itself when people get tired of them, which seems a lot more likely.
    I mean seriously. It's hard enough to kick one that is actively trolling and admitting it. If it was really true i would consider to buy the helmets too :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I doubt I could be bothered trying to kick people on this basis but I understand why they do it. Basically there annoyed at blizzard introducing these items on the basis of introducing them at all or the price there selling for. They recognise that if the store is a success then more of the same will follow and that blizzard profit margins will then be best served by focusing the artwork team on items from the shop rather than in game (thus reducing quality which face it is already heavily attacked when it comes to tier gear). Now I think everyone knows blizzard doesn't listen on feedback such as this and they won't budge on price or usage unless there's a very bad reaction to the store. Punishing the people who use the store can therefore be seen as the only way of protesting this latest cash grab from blizzard. Is it fair - not really but do the anti-shop people have another way of making there voice heard and listened to by blizzard?

Not surprised. This behavior will not last long. In the end it is the majority using the kick system as intended to remove players they do not want in the group. If this was a dungeon then players could easily form their own groups in comparison, but nope and this is why I dont participate in LFR where selfish behavior is rewarded.

So many posts about some hearsay ...

i joined 4 LFR just to test things out.

total of 8 cool/grtz remarks on my helmet.

but in the last group 3 others already had these helmets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    To start off, I haven't bought any of the cosmetic helmets, mainly because they won't fit my characters appearance at all.

I'm just wondering why did people get so upset of blizzard to sell cosmetic items to those who really want them?
    Because we all want them, but we don't think its reasonable to take a subscription to access all content in the game, and then on top of that add exclusive content that could very well have been added to the game as content we pay for with our subscription. Its not about being a cheapskate, its about not accepting shady business practises.

we already payed 100+ euros for the expansions alone. Expecting us to shell out more for transmogs mounts and pets is rediculous and needs to not be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Any way you could make those sentences more clear? I'm having problems understanding what your question or point is.
    Fine, WoW players don't have any obligations towards other players other than just following the rules. It's not a job. Choosing who you want to play with and who you don't is everyones choice. So by kicking the pay2win hatters they're just exercising it. It's no different than kicking players who are bad or rude or poorly geared. Being unpleasant is reason enough to kick and if the majority of the group agrees, whats the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    butthurt kids whose parents have no money to buy them the helmets. nothing to see here despite the 60+ pages
    No they are pissed off because people are making Blizzard add more and more content in the store rather in-game. Soon there might be dyes in store and even +100% honor gained in BGs because of people supporting this.

I might be a moron, a butthurt kid, an idiot but man, atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights than wasting my money on pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Because we all want them, but we don't think its reasonable to take a subscription to access all content in the game, and then on top of that add exclusive content that could very well have been added to the game as content we pay for with our subscription. Its not about being a cheapskate, its about not accepting shady business practises.

we already payed 100+ euros for the expansions alone. Expecting us to shell out more for transmogs mounts and pets is rediculous and needs to not be a thing.
    the Spectral Tiger is already in the game and sold by 3rd party websites for YEARS.

along with a few dozen other items sold by Cryptozoic...

The spectral tiger costs around 500 dollars....

So you didn't complain then (5 years ago) when 3rd party sold these fluff things, but now you do ???

LOL. Blizzard haters are a laugh really.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    It's been 4 years and three months and eight days. First pet introduced to the Pet Store was the Pandaren Monk April 11th, 2009. On top of that, 50% of the profits were donated to make a wish foundation for the remainder of the 2009 year.

I suggest just doing the basic research before making comments. Also, it is quick to that person as Blizzard has finally broken the threshold of things they can stand. In relevance to the helms being released for money, they are walking away quickly.

Now, I imagine you thought you were being witty/clever, but you're just hindering the discussion.
    Well, 4 years and 3 months then.
    How exactly am I hindering the discussion? I'm just pointing out that vanity items have been sold for years directly from the Blizzard Store to the game and before that via various promotions. That you don't want to hear that, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Well, 4 years and 3 months then.
    How exactly am I hindering the discussion? I'm just pointing out that vanity items have been sold for years directly from the Blizzard Store to the game and before that via various promotions. That you don't want to hear that, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Cryptozoic in game WoW items are already IN the game since 2006... no problem when 3rd parties sell in game items, but when Blizzard introduces a few fluff things it is evil.

LOL.

Deleted
    i dont think i would kick anyone for having a bought transmog helm, even if i dont personally like the the thought of them myself.
    tbh, i dont even look at people's transmogs most of the time & havnt noticed anyone wearing them yet.

Wow, this is one of the most pathetic, stupid things I've heard in a long time o.o

It's like throwing bricks at people because they've bought lunch at MacDonalds and you hate fast food - doesn't matter how you try and justify it, you're still going to look like a self-entitled moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Fine, WoW players don't have any obligations towards other players other than just following the rules. It's not a job. Choosing who you want to play with and who you don't is everyones choice. So by kicking the pay2win hatters they're just exercising it. It's no different than kicking players who are bad or rude or poorly geared. Being unpleasant is reason enough to kick and if the majority of the group agrees, whats the problem?
    You said it yourself, you have no right to abuse the kick option on players with the blizzard store xmog items, pets or mounts because you disagree with blizzards policy on the matter. When you do that you are violating the terms of agreement / ToS. People in Vodka got suspended when a item on BMAH popped up when one of their raiders needed it and Vodka members flooded the BMAH NPC with growth elixirs and spamming the other player that wanted the item.
    Also it's not "pay to win", the helmet gives NO benefit in combat. I'm guessing you also think the mounts and pets from the store is pay to win as well, same with the TCG items?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    This is one thing I noticed while reading this entire thread. The ones that support the kicking and shaming of people buying the cash shop items are usually calm, give their reasons and viewpoints civilly.
    Wow, selective perception at its finest.

Also, like people already said: "QQ LFR destroyed the community".
    Wrong guys. People who are doing such things are the ones who are destroying the community as a whole.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-20 at 08:46 AM.