Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    It's the fact that we're asking them to make needed improvements to the game and all they do is ignore us and do what they want.
    Quit, and state why you did so. It worked with the Cataclysm heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They're the same as they were when they introduced the horse. Why are they somehow worse now than they were back then? And if they're so bad, why do you insist on continuing your sub?

And if you don't play anymore, what the hell are you doing spending your time complaining about the game?
    Do you even think about what you're saying?
    If you don't cancel your sub you're an idiot for continuing to support them.
    If you cancel your sub you don't have any right to complain.

Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    On my way to queue up and VK all the helms I see.
    Have fun with your day-long kick cooldown.

Deleted
    It's the fact that we're asking them to make needed improvements to the game and all they do is ignore us and do what they want.
    I know right, 3 transmog helms that were in the game files for like 2 patches totally took precedent over everything else, takes soooo many resources and they even had to bring in some child labour.

This just in: 5.4 delayed 6 months because they are adding a 4th helm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    You don't pay Apple a monthly subscription to use there product.

Are you trying to be stupid or what?
    If you have a mobile contract that came with a "free" phone, some of that sub fee to your network goes right back to the handset manufacturer. How do you think they can offer you a "free" phone?

That would actually require balls.
    No it doesn't, it's just the knowledge that blizzard would probably wipe their ass with my letter, rip off the stamps to reuse them themselves, and use the envelope to roll themselves a joint.

They ignore us on the forums, where replying is free and easy, you think they'd actually take time to respond to our letters?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    This also might work to make wait times for tickets over a week, cause blizzard are dealing with all the people kicked for buying the helms in queue first. So you may be right if you want to make people quit to send blizzard a message, others that don't even care about this will quit over waiting that long
    Feel free to clench your little vote kick fists in impotent rage. I can guarantee that Blizzard will not do what you want them to do.

Have I mentioned that vote kicking for store helms is both stupid and short sighted?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Do you even think about what you're saying?
    If you don't cancel your sub you're an idiot for continuing to support them.
    If you cancel your sub you don't have any right to complain.

Right...
    People quit in droves over the Cataclysm heroics. Blizzard changed that, and 4.3 saw the biggest resurgence of subscribers in years. And that even in the same quarter as the release of SWTOR. Quitting does help if enough people do it. Forcing someone else to quit to further your goals however won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    On my way to queue up and VK all the helms I see.
    So edgy.

This is the immature attitude I was talking about, GO PLAY SoLITAIRE AND SUDOKU, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    No it doesn't, it's just the knowledge that blizzard would probably wipe their ass with my letter, rip off the stamps to reuse them themselves, and use the envelope to roll themselves a joint.

They ignore us on the forums, where replying is free and easy, you think they'd actually take time to respond to our letters?
    Cataclysm heroics nerfs. How did they came to be exactly? Oh yeah. People quit because they were too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's a good analogy considering iPhones are twice the price (at the very least) than other smartphones.
    No they aren't, don't bring up stupid numbers to try and hold weight to your argument.

Iphone 5 cost close to the price of a samsung galaxy s4, give or take 10% or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    This statement is what is wrong with wow players...really, if you dont like the game, stop playing...simple.

Lol, its their game, they developed it and manage it, not you! Just because you pay a fee to play on the server doesnt mean you get to decide on how the company runs.

Get over yourself.

another thought.

Blizz, cancel these bitchy people subs and lock them off the game and see how fast they change their stance on this subject.

Nerraw you have experienced the people who queue as tank and just afk at the start of dungeons and it says they cannot be kicked for 4 hours? after awhile the people votekicked for the helms won't be allowed to be kicked anymore just like that leeching guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So edgy.

This is the immature attitude I was talking about, GO PLAY SoLITAIRE AND SUDOKU, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER!
    Hows your quest to defend major corporations and their anti-consumer business practises going?

How many people with actual working logical thinking capability truly think that horsepucky like vote kicking people for wearing store helms is an effective tactic that
    will result in meaningful change from Blizzard?

The correct answer should be nobody thinks this. If you do think this, I suggesst a remedial course in something related to critical thinking skills.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I don't really think you can comprehend the other side of the argument.

In a game that is paid for monthly to be updated we should not have to pay for 'external' items which can be used in-game, it simply leads to blizzard obtaining profits from people who are obsessed with collecting or transmogrification.
    But we do note HAVE to pay for them in any sense of the word. They are 100% cosmetic. If there were really good raiding gear or something on the store your point would have been entirely valid, but it isn't so. How does Blizzard obtaining profits from people obsessed with collecting a bad thing? Is it somehow worse than people who play the game and actually do HAVE to pay $15 a month?

Tell me, why shouldn't Blizzard have placed the items in game for free? What is your reasoning for them having a legit reason for making them cost a months subcrition? Inb4 HURR DURR it's a business, shut the hell up with that excuse, do you say that when an insurance company tries to rip you off? It seems you guys WANT to be ripped off, you literally bend over and accept it, it's so pathetic.
    But it is indeed a for-profit organization. Do you freak the hell out when other games do this or do you reserve these opinions for Blizzard, because a whole lot of other games do exactly this. That is because it is an industry. Micro-transactions are becoming an increasingly common thing in MMO's, and Blizzard would be foolish to not get in on that business. So far they have made millions of dollars from micro-transactions, the hundreds of thousands of people who made purchases receive mounts/pets/transmog gear that they like, and the people who didn't ever buy anything are not disadvantaged in any way: the buyers have not gained any extra stats or anything that actually would affect the gameplay of others.

Sure, there are limits to profiteering (you mention insurance companies), but this situation cannot be compared to that one since, as someone who hasn't ever bought anything from the store, this doesn't affect me in any way. This really is a win-win scenario where some anti-profiteering heroes on the forums are creating a losing side in the form of people being kicked out of LFR for no real reason at all (a phenomenon for which there is still no evidence, just self-righteous would-be-griefers bragging).

They're the same as they were when they introduced the horse. Why are they somehow worse now than they were back then? And if they're so bad, why do you insist on continuing your sub?

And if you don't play anymore, what the hell are you doing spending your time complaining about the game?
    Because it's a great game. I just can't in good conscience support Blizzard with my $15/mo anymore. Blizzard is a business, and businesses make money, but I'm a customer, and I choose how to spend my money. I'm choosing not to spend it with Blizzard anymore until something changes with its payment plan. Caveat: I may return from time to time, e.g. for a month to see SoO, but I will no longer be a long-term subscriber as I have been since January 2006.

As far as what's worse now, they have taken the cash store too far while still requiring a monthly sub. It makes me feel disrespected as a customer. I have never particularly appreciated the idea of putting mounts and pets behind a paywall while still requiring a monthly fee, but it was limited in scope and I dealt with it. Transmog helms are the straw that broke the camel's back for me. My animosity towards people who purchase these helms stems from the fact that they are sending a message to Blizzard that it's okay to continue putting items behind paywalls without reforming their subscription structure, a policy which as a long time customer is insulting to me.

Deleted
    You don't pay Apple a monthly subscription to use there product.
    Are you trying to be stupid or what?
    Still Apple probably is considered one of the most "unethical" companies out there.
    And people who buy an iPhone are supporting them - so instead of boycotting the company by simply not buying their products, bully the buyers!
    This will scare people away from spending money on their products!

Really, even if you don't like to admit it, the analogy isn't that far off.

Are you actually trying to say a legally binding phone contract is the same as a wow subscription?

You're reaching very hard.

People quit in droves over the Cataclysm heroics. Blizzard changed that, and 4.3 saw the biggest resurgence of subscribers in years. And that even in the same quarter as the release of SWTOR. Quitting does help if enough people do it. Forcing someone else to quit to further your goals however won't.
    People quit cataclysm for the same reason they've been quitting pandaria for the past 2 quarters, not even a year after the game got released: wow gets boring after the initial leveling, it all comes back down to grinding raid gear or PVP. You don't quit because dungeons aren't challenging enough or too challenging, once you get your epics from there you don't need to go back anyway, you quit because there's nothing to do besides PVP and fighting the same bosses over and over and over.