Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    They see me hatin', they hatin'
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    You clearly won't listen to reason and logic. Keep raging about the game, and I'll continue to enjoy it. Also not played for 2 months? Why do you think anyone would care about your opinion? Raging about a game you don't play? You got some issues bro.
    Well that escalated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

Funny how things change... Hypocritical blizzard liars.
    We need people to spam this on official US forums and ask for explanation of current changes. If game is going to become f2p, it's gonna be announced first. If not, then what's causing them to make accent on f2p cash-making features in p2p game, instead of adding actual content to the game? You know, something more than 6 short tunnel'ish 5-men, all of which are fully or partially copy-pasted from outdoor locations? Something other than dailies and 999th mode for already existing content?
    People are fine with this in asia, this is because their subscription model is completely different, and some of their governments have restrictions on the amounts of play-time one can buy, as i have already stated multiple times in this thread, now can you please, stop talking horse shit.
    Speaking about how Asians will take this change. So you are to - spend payed hour to do coins' grind, or you pay on top of that to avoid this grind. You think it will be welcomed? Pay to play, but pay more on top of that if you want that your limited game-time would actually had some meaning? Analogy from real life would be - hey you are expected to pay to do work, but you can pay more on top of that to not do that work. Most of Europian and Asian countries do actually know the meaning of money better than US. It is harder to trick them into "p2p + cash-shop" crap.

People have been kicking people who demonstrate poor decision making skills from LFD/LFR since those systems were first implemented (as well as removing them from non group finder pugs since the game began).

This is just another convenient filter for discovering who those people are.

This thread should be locked, OP is trying to social engineer and pass around the suggestion that players with transmogrify helms should be kicked from groups and the more people who see it here the higher the chances of this happening. It's a call of action to ruin the experiences of other players due to them buying something that as no effect on the griefer what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    So let me try to understand you, you want Blizzard to spend resources on items that will be selled to you instead of getting them free...
    I try really hard to understand some of you, I really do.
    *sigh* This is getting really boring. The idea that they would have made these things anyway, even if there were no store, and just given them out for free (i.e. included in the sub fee) is simply random speculation and probably not even plausible speculation. It's like saying that if bookstores didn't exist, Blizzard would still have commissioned the WoW novels and just given them to subscribers for free.

Unless you can meaningfully demonstrate that Blizzard gives subscribers less in-game content than they did before the store existed, you have no leg to stand on in claiming that they're "diverting resources" from what they used to spend on subscriber content.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Nope. I have an abundance of $, but not time.
    Then you must be in the very very small minority. There are other games you can P2W on, why not try your ventures there as they already have the model you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Quote from years ago, which was hypocritical even then in the light of their in game vanity items available through the TCG.
    No - actually it was a very well thought out quote. He was saying that when you were in the game -- you should not be relying on outside resources like money to get you things in the game. Again - Thats the difference between a sub based game where you pay before you log in... and a game with cash shop where you pay money inside the game to get stuff.

If you dont see the difference... then I can not help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Sure guys, let's keep quote-mining a quote from 2008 and apply it to cosmetic items and call it hypocrisy.
    Especially when it essentially talks about giving you an edge by paying.

Which you still can't.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Seriously, for vanity items, the price is proper. Where would the exclusivity be if every ogre and their mother wore the helmets? The price, while beneficial to Blizzard (totally their right), ensures that not everyone runs around with those helmets. So the ones who bought it getting kicked is indeed pathetic, and indicative of a serious flaw in the kicker/kickers own personality. It's akin to hating someone driving a beemer just cuz you can't afford the car yourself.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Let me try to understand you. You think that none of the $$$ from the profits made from these helms will find it's way back into the game as normal content? Does not compute...
    No, no it won't.

WoW generates an absolutely insane amount of revenue, and quite frankly the product doesn't represent that revenue.

If anything, the money generated from microtransactions would just encourage more and more microtransactions, one of the reasons people oppose them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    So how long till gold goes on sale then? I'm sure players want to buy it, and blizzard could make a ton of money selling it.
    When that time comes, I'll have my issues with them. But until them, I won't. It's funny how people contantly assume the worst though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane88 View Post
    A company doing something to make a little extra money?! Say it isn't so!!!

In other news, the sun is hot. More at 9.

OT: Too many people here thinks it's a deplorable action for a business to conduct business. You can sugar coat the shit out of it all you want and speculate about "what's next." (dun dun duuun) Bottom line, this hurts no one. In any way shape or form. The talk of this being a "greedy practice" is nothing short of fucking stupid. Remarks complete.
    ^Preach it!

I've been in LFR all day and haven't experienced this, though. You come to forums and it seems like the world is ending. You go to Azeroth and nobody cares save for a handful of people. /shrug

Play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    They deserve it for telling Blizzard that its fine to rip people off with these silly prices. I don't care that its "their money", they are making it worse for everyone long term.

Way to be childish. Its nothing to do with being poor. Its about not willingly bending over and getting ripped off by Blizzard for a few pixels.

Okay, so in that case why not boot everyone who bought the mounts off of the store then while you're at it? Just because you disagree with Blizzard's practices doesn't mean you should show that by punishing players who decided that they really liked the item enough to pay for it.

People who do that need to get off of their high horse and realize they are no better than any other player who pays a sub. Primary difference is the 'pride' they carry for not going with 'bad business practices,' which is pure bullshit in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    Cosmetic items are pixels. Everything in this game is pixels. Supporting blizzard's cashshop means less meaningful ways to earn pixels.
    People have been supporting its cash shop for years and yet mop is the best expansion to date. God forbid someone should buy a stupid over priced hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    Supporting blizzard's cashshop is bad for all of us. If you dont see that I dont know what to say.
    And how is this suddenly new when a new type of vanity item is being sold? Pets and mounts have been on the freaking store for years. Why is transmog gear worse than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.
    Irrelevant. You're being a dick to people who just want to play the game because you don't like the item they transmogrified their helm into. How the hell can you consider that justifiable? I mean, this is like me sucker-punching someone who got directions from a police officer because I don't like the police--they had nothing to do with it beyond interacting with the police officer, so how does this make them a valid target for my anti-authoritarian impulses?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well - I think thats what some ppl are actually talking about here. If you choose to spend your money... then it should not be in a subscription game. Cause that should be included in the subscription. Extra money should not bring you anything extra in a subscription game.

Once... that was the difference between a subscription game and F2P game. You could not buy more power or looks in Subs.. But that has changed ... and some ppl dont like to see it happen to the degree that WOW is now obviously planning.
    People have been chosing to spend their money, and an awful lof of it in certain cases, on in-game vanity items since TCGs, Collector's Editions, Blizzcon virtual tickets, etc. These aren't new things, and people are happy to do it. Indeed, they want to do it, and they'd rather do it in the safe, controlled manner of the Blizzard store, rather than on eBay and be ripped off by third parties.

Again, though. How many of these things do you think they'll sell? And do you honestly think that these few one-off purchases, made by a tiny proportion of the playerbase are going to have such a massive impact that they'll replace the subscription model with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Irrelevant. You're being a dick to people who just want to play the game because you don't like the item they transmogrified their helm into. How the hell can you consider that justifiable? I mean, this is like me sucker-punching someone who got directions from a police officer because I don't like the police--they had nothing to do with it beyond interacting with the police officer, so how does this make them a valid target for my anti-authoritarian impulses?
    It really isn't in any way the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    We need people to spam this on official US forums and ask for explanation of current changes. If game is going to become f2p, it's gonna be announced first. If not, then what's causing them to make accent on f2p cash-making features in p2p game, instead of adding actual content to the game? You know, something more than 6 short tunnel'ish 5-men, all of which are fully or partially copy-pasted from outdoor locations? Something other than dailies and 999th mode for already existing content?

Speaking about how Asians will take this change. So you are to - spend payed hour to do coins' grind, or you pay on top of that to avoid this grind. You think it will be welcomed? Pay to play, but pay more on top of that if you want that your limited game-time would actually had some meaning? Analogy from real life would be - hey you are expected to pay to do work, but you can pay more on top of that to not do that work. Most of Europian and Asian countries do actually know the meaning of money better than US. It is harder to trick them into "p2p + cash-shop" crap.
    It's more about the fact that blizzard don't manage subs for the asia regions, other organisations do and blizzard have no control over what they charge and what kind of subscription model they use.

This type of micro-transaction is somethign that was heavily requested so it will for the most part be welcomed