Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm panda since you get double food buff. It's pretty much impossible to die as a rogue unless you're not raid aware at all, so It's a nice boost.

EJ says Panda in terms of EP, I just wish they weren't so ugly!

No love for Worgen.

Here's the alliance races:
    Combat/Assassination: It will likely be Panda > Worgen > everything else.
    Subtlety: Night Elf > Panda > Worgen.

Worgen could edge out Panda for Combat and Assassination depending on gear level, final numbers on the two set for Assassination, and if you use 275 stat food instead of 300 stat food.

Gnome isn't quite as good as Worgen in any case. Expertise takes less rating per 1%, is worth less than crit per rating, and we could run into problems of overcapping. Crit has none of these problems, and makes Worgen superior in almost every conceivable way.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-07-23 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    I was panda even in ToT, there was only one hard HC beast boss (megeara)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmor View Post
    EJ says Panda in terms of EP, I just wish they weren't so ugly!
    It is way better than trolls, and attack animations are really good

Panda has been best so far because 300 stats was 1.5-2% pure damage, depending on gear.

However, once we get BIS SOO gear and get to about 30k Agi, the other racials (Troll, Orc, Worgen, Gnome), which are all about 1% more damage, will be about the same.

This analysis does not include damage done to Beasts, where Trolls are clear winners.

They need to make the undead shadow damage racial scale with gear
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think they need to fix night elf racial for combat and mutilate first though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Now thats easy, just respec to Unholy DK.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Night Elf or Undead. Always~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertol View Post
    It is way better than trolls
    Panda and trolls are so close that reading things like this is quite funny.

Due to their passive strong bonus, they are supposed to pull ahead on dummy-like fights where your uptime is real close to 100%. On the other hand, the troll racial really favors encounters where damage done is not equally important (Jin'rokh, Ji-kun,...) or where you won't have full uptime on the boss (Lei Shen). I really think the game, or at least our class, favors on use/bursty damage à la Lightweave/Synapse Springs rather than passive bonuses.

Two things though: as said, beasts bosses make trolls clear (and with a ridicule gap) winners. Secondly, if the CDR trinket is BiS (and I really, really see no reasons why it wouldn't be), it *might* screw up Berserking's opness.

Deleted
    i dunno do people actually change race all the time just for what racial might be better in a raid teir ?
    i just play human all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    i dunno do people actually change race all the time just for what racial might be better in a raid teir ?
    i just play human all the time
    I personally don't but sometimes I think about it, and I'm far from the most competitive out there. In my raid maybe ~8 people would switch races for a .5% gain... so yes, people do take it that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    If you're dying you should focus more on how to improve your game then trying to minmax racials.
    well if your min maxing stats it means your doing world first or server first raiding. otherwise its not needed to min max stats. and then you sometimes die simple as that.

so saying if you die you need to focus more is just stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMRAox_qCUU

at 11:11 you clearly see some1 dieing. good luck telling to focus more against him.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well if your min maxing stats it means your doing world first or server first raiding. otherwise its not needed to min max stats. and then you sometimes die simple as that.

so saying if you die you need to focus more is just stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMRAox_qCUU

at 11:11 you clearly see some1 dieing. good luck telling to focus more against him.
    I said focus more on how to improve your game. If the healer simply can't provide the necessary healing or you don't have cooldowns ready you're going to die regardless of what racial you choose. The initial comment was aimed at people who provide the notion on "oh, if you slip up and die then you have no racial when you get ressed".

I'm well aware of methods efforts against lei shen, and belonging to a pretty decent guild for our time spent on the game we also have to choose realistic PVE racials to minmax the most out of what little time we spend on progression. So no it's not only world firsts who go for the best racials.

I really hate the notion that only world/server first guilds should min/max the 1%s. Those small bonuses really start adding up, and actually can end up being what gets a boss down, even for a less skilled normal mode guild.

Agreed. The troll beast racial was HUGE this tier, and it made a big difference in the bulk of raiding progression, not just the elitie few. A free 5% damage just for being fucking ugly and picking the bad guy faction makes gear faster, gets everyone more powerful quicker.

They just need to get rid of the racial's that increase Pve dps and Pvp survival. Just keep the gimmick racial's like underwater breathing for undead's. But then again it is pure profit to blizz when someone race/faction changes so I cant see it changing ever.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

10+ Year Old Account
    I will stay pandaren for the food buff and fluffy tail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    Panda and trolls are so close that reading things like this is quite funny.
    I was responding to Kelmor about visualisation of rogue races and not about viability of racials.
    You are right in some points, but in SOO there are some situations, where you can waste berserking- like sha of pride

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    A free 5% damage just for being fucking ugly and picking the bad guy faction makes gear faster, gets everyone more powerful quicker.
    Ugly? This sounds like childish envy of our perfectly formed bodies.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose