Warriors vs RPPM / Haste

Hey. Posted this on wow forums but also decided to post it here. (original post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...st/78174089691)

With the implementation of RPPM, classes that actually gem haste or have haste as their second priority, are going to be pretty happy with their rppm trinkets and cloaks (on 5.4).
    On the other hand, if some class doesn't give a damn about haste, rppm won't favor them.

As an example, let's take a look at the uptime of this trinket: Primordius' Talisman of Rage
    http://i.imgur.com/L9NGMc9.png

When it comes to ranged/healers, haste is by far one of the best stats almost all the time, and when it's not the first, it's the second. Reduced cast time, hots/dots tick faster, higher uptime on rppm stuff.

Now let's compare warriors with the other melees and what haste does for them.

• Warrior - increases attack speed (giving us a really small extra amount of rage per second, theorically)
    • DK - increases attack speed and rune regeneration (both dps specs have proccs based on auto attacks)
    • RET - increases attack speed (most importantly, reduces the global cooldown of every attack thanks to their passive Sanctify of Battle)
    • Rogue - increases attack speed and energy regeneration (which equals to more combo points and more deadly poison proccs)
    • Feral - increases attack speed and energy regeneration (haven't played feral on mop, but at least they get more combo points)
    • Enhance - increases attack speed (which means more proccs of flametongue,windfury, maelstrom...)
    • Monk - increses attack speed and energy regeneration (more jabs, more blackouts, more everything)

All of them, except warriors, have haste as their primary or secondary stat. Even if it's secondary, they can just make it first priority as soon as they get 1 or 2 rppm trinkets and meta gem, because it will be in fact a dps increase.

Looking to our sources of damage:
    Auto attack: 20-25%
    Execute: 5-18%
    HS: 8-12%
    Raging Blow: 12-20%
    Bloodthirst: 5%
    Bloodbath: 6%
    Deep Wounds: 5-6%

Like frost DKs, our damage comes mostly from the weapons, which in my opinion is stupid. I should be able to pull decent dps even if my weapon is behind the rest of the gear.

Since it's unlikely that one of our main abilities will be buffed, I'm left with a few changes to suggest:

• buff deep wounds damage
    • make us able to spread/apply deep wounds with whirlwind but it only does 50% of the damage it would do with Bloodthirst
    • buff wild strike damage
    • increase colossus smash debuff duration by 1 sec
    • buff level 90 talents, 35% on bloodbath, extra rage on avatar and reduced damage and cooldown/stun duration on Storm Bolt (20s cooldown, to match CS)
    • make warriors get double haste rating from haste on gear (maybe also on proccs) and slightly reduce the attack speed gained from it (at least on high amounts, so people with low gear won't feel any difference)

All these suggestions also have pvp in mind. The damage increase is passive in almost all of them.
    Thanks.

TLDR: if you're a warrior, read it.

Most trinkets next patch are actually icd procs. Haste actually isn't a terrible stat for fury, it is somewhere around 80-90% the value of mastery, and 70-80% of crit.

warrior get 50% more haster then other class , if item give 100 haste rating for warrior its 150

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Most trinkets next patch are actually icd procs. Haste actually isn't a terrible stat for fury, it is somewhere around 80-90% the value of mastery, and 70-80% of crit.
    Strange that Blizz would work so hard with RPPM on an entire tier then just scrap the idea. Guess it still applies to our enchants though.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    On my last sim it's roughly that, but when it comes to practice, you can't gey high values of haste because you either reforge into crit or mastery.
    Oh, I also forgot the legendary cloak procc, that seemed to me it was rppm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    warrior get 50% more haster then other class , if item give 100 haste rating for warrior its 150
    It's still not good enough. The benefits we get are way far behind from the other classes.

While it might due to the band-aid fix not look as bad number wise haste just feels incredibly bad. I mean it's easily a third of rage generation that is tied to bloodthirst and enrage which doesn't scale at all with haste - same essentially goes for cs as haste will never increase ability damage during burst windows in a meaningful way. Personally I think that haste is for other class what crit was before the normalization for warriors just from a let's call it "fun" perspective. I just have to play a random caster during bloodlust to feel the difference.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-07-20 at 05:08 PM.

There are still a few rppm procs, but they are shifting away from using them everywhere. My theory is that the constant calculations from it are the cause of some of the server lag that people experience. Most characters have 6 items that calculate rppm every time they attack. For fury that's every 0.5 seconds, and then multiply it by 25 people and it might be adding more complexity to already bogged down servers that just can't handle it.

So instead of rolling 6 items we will only have 3/4. It doesn't hurt that rppm trinkets haven't been very popular, either. IMO, rppm is fine on small procs like dancing steel, tier bonuses and such. But for trinket procs, it just leads to way too much variance.

Even if there weren't any rppm trinkets, warriors would still be behind other melees, those rppm trinkets only increase that difference.
    Take a brief look at these logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0r...um/damageDone/

Another thing I don't get is why intellect and agility users get crit from their main stat while strength users get parry. If you're tank, sure, it should give parry, but if you're dps it should give crit.
    Taking mages as an example, they are getting to a point where they won't need more crit, so they're starting to go with mastery. As soon as we get 45-50% crit, we should also go for mastery, but comparing to mages, we are pretty far away from spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    Taking mages as an example, they are getting to a point where they won't need more crit, so they're starting to go with mastery. As soon as we get 45-50% crit, we should also go for mastery, but comparing to mages, we are pretty far away from spot.
    Not that it actually matters but not really as warriors will go for it next tier pretty certainly. Not even sure if you couldn't already in bis.

The difference is that warriors will only softcap crit while mages will be able to hardcap it if they want to (no reason to go for it but they can do it)