Are there any classes with short rotations?

I don't enjoy games where most of the skills have cooldowns. So Rift isn't a good game for me, but I want to play with a friend that enjoys it.

Are there any classes that can get by with short rotations?

DPS Warriors are pretty easy. Mages too, but they have cast times on many skills.

Actually, a Pyromancer Mage or Harbinger Mage would be pretty nifty for you. They have cast times and cooldowns, but the mechanics are such that they automatically reset their CDs and instant cast normally long casting skills fairly often. They are sorta of machine gun fire mages once a good Pyro or Harbinger get themselves ramped up.

As for warriors, Paragon, Champion and pure Tempest have very simple rotations. In case of Paragon and Champion, they are also extremely strong. Once you get better at playing warrior, you can (well, in case of some fights, you SHOULD) try Riftblade, which has a much more complicated rotation.

But yes, coming from my personal experience, warriors are easy to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Without a doubt a Rogue Marksman for a short and easy rotation

I created a warrior and it looks good.

I'll check out the rogue.

a Pyromancer Mage or Harbinger Mage would be pretty nifty for you. They have cast times and cooldowns, but the mechanics are such that they automatically reset their CDs and instant cast normally long casting skills fairly often.
    I started off with the Mage Pyromentalist preset and did not notice the mechanics you mention.

Harbinger sounds interesting and seems to be popular but I don't want to spend $30 to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    I started off with the Mage Pyromentalist preset and did not notice the mechanics you mention.

Harbinger sounds interesting and seems to be popular but I don't want to spend $30 to get it.
    most of the abilities or buffs in question, Pyromancer's Armor/Aegis, Extinguish and Heatwave require higher point investment, you won't get many of them until you're higher level.

61champ is really fun especially if you enjoy doing some solo content also.