Can't pull trigger (new Build)

I'm just having a hard time hitting the purchase button for this upcoming build and I don't know why. I feel like I am missing something or can get a much better item at a better price.

From Amazon:
    EVGA 750W 80+B $88.85
    Sapphire HD 7950 $269.99
    Windows 7 Home OEM $90.91

From NewEgg:
    NZXT Kraken X60 $107.99
    NZXT Phantom 530 $129.99

From MicroCenter:
    Intel i5 4670K $199.99
    Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H $129.99 (bundle price)

After rebates and a promo code, the total here comes to $962.71

*Already have a HD 7950, going with Crossfire here.
    *Already have 16 GB of 1600 mhz memory.

I am looking at a Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD and if I don't keep one of the WDD Black drives I have, I am looking at a perhaps a 1TB Blue (though I like the speed of RAID0 for load times of some F2P games I won't put on an SSD)

I know I still need to include some other items like an optical drives and thermal paste but those are something I can pick up at any time before I would receive the case in September.

So, What am I missing? Where can I go better without increasing the price too much or even lower the price? The primary game that will be played is FFXIV: ARR for this system.
    I'd also like to dabble in some streaming if possible but on a 5meg upstream (on a perfect day at 3 am local) I currently do need to change the setting in OBS to the "faster" for x264 CPU to keep the up rate down a little with keeping the quality. I'm kind of worried that I can do this because of the i7 being a little more beefy through its cores over an i5.... or have I just convinced myself of this?

I don't really have a budget for the build, but I'm one of those people that only gets the minimal needed at the cheapest price possible. I don't like having features that I will never use or can easily deal with not having them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am replacing / going to be selling is: (in same type order as above)

AZZA (non modular) 750W PSU
    Keeping existing GPU (will replace with HD 5850)
    Windows 7 Home Retail
    Corsair H60
    AZZA Solano 1000
    Intel i7 920
    Asus P6T Mobo

Also including:
    6GB of Muskin Redline CL6 (tri channel kit)
    At least 1 of the 750gb WDD Black drives
    Intel 320 120gb SSD
    random cheapy HP DvD writer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    I think there are cheaper Modular PSUs (EDIT: Like this one, also fits color scheme)
    Are you selling your old Win7 to keep the old system 'complete'?
    Why are you ditching the older SSD? Given that you must, get the 840, not the 840 Pro
    before I would receive the case in September
    I would not order the parts now. I wouldn't have ordered the other parts already either. The 7950 is... Kind of a bad pick now. I hope you had it from a while ago, and not just in the past few weeks. =/
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-07-21 at 02:43 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Also, just so you are aware, the Samsung 840 series are getting a $20 discount from Microcenter when purchased with the MB/CPU. I would cross reference prices to make sure you are getting the best price even with this deal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

The EVGA PSU has a $20.00 MIR right now, brings it down to $68.85 and I want to be on the very high side of caution when it comes to power usage. I've seen reports that 2 7950's can run at 400 watts+ and then sites that show them at 250 for both (under load) I don't know what to go off of, but don't want to be stuck with too little power.

For the Windows, it is just easier to sell a working system then parts, and I really don't want to go through the hassle of contacting Microsoft just for someone else to end up with a non working copy of windows.

Ditching the Intel SSD since it is only a little bit faster then my RAID 0 HDD's (I didn't think this one through when I original bought the SSD) As for the non Pro version, everything I can see just shows the Pro being near the tops of everyones benchmarks and the TLC Nand for the non pro for some reason worries me, it doesn't have the best in life expectancy from what I have gathered.

I have had my 7950 since release day. I can't see a scenario in where selling it and putting up the extra $100-$150 for a 7970 or waiting on the 9XXX series sometime in October/November is worth it. Square-Enix has been working with both Nvidia and AMD to get SLI/Crossfire working with FFXIV and I just think that with SE appearing they going all in for the game that they are going to make sure that Crossfire is working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Also, just so you are aware, the Samsung 840 series are getting a $20 discount from Microcenter when purchased with the MB/CPU. I would cross reference prices to make sure you are getting the best price even with this deal though.
    Trying to look into this now, the website is very slow. Though I don't see the combo price listed anywhere, it doesn't seem to show up in the cart like the CPU/Mobo Combo does.
    Ok, found it, it was in the actual ad (which I don't get. I'm not technically in the market area for a microcenter, taking a 2 hour drive for the cpu/mobo deal)
    Last edited by Kayko; 2013-07-21 at 03:28 AM.