Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Classes that are just unkillable 1-89?

    Is it just me or are certain classes just unkillable when you meet them in the world on a pvp server while leveling? I had a level 72 hunter kill my 77 Monk 6 times. I just kept going back cause I thought "why the hell is someone 5 levels lower allowed to kill me" and I was so mad. Every single time it wasnt even close. He would just scatter/trap me if I got close then hit me with Aimed shot>Chimera>Arcane and Im dead. Checked my recount for damage taken and his Aimed + Chimera alone were doing 10-12k damage if they crit which is basically a 2 shot since I had 14k health. Can you even do anything in that situation or is it like getting ganked by a level 90 and just take your death, rez, and move along. Now that I think about it every single death I have had at the hands of another player was a damn hunter and none of them were even close.

  2. #2
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,403
    Hunters are noobstompers at low level.

    Priests are unkillable, as are any healers tbh.

    Also 5 levels doesnt mean shit. I managed to solo a 70 hunter on my 60 pally twink. It was difficult but he wasnt that good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Hunters are OP as hell atm so don't feel bad about losing in 1v1...or 2v2.
    Na, bad players are bad as hell atm.
    Last edited by Tommo; 2013-07-21 at 08:37 PM.

  3. #3
    hunters are a nightmare leveling.

  4. #4
    Hunters will continue to kill you at 90 as ww monk. On the bright side, you will kill everything else, which is more than what the majority of classes can do.

    Hunters are OP as hell atm so don't feel bad about losing in 1v1...or 2v2.

  5. #5
    My monk at level 65 received a 4k shield slam hit from an orc warrior who was the same level I think. It nearly 1 shot my monk.

  6. #6
    Non-max level pvp (and even max level pvp before about 476 pvp gear) is a total loss.

    Hunters are absurd, as are disc priests, as for many of these levels power word shield is about equal to a life bar. Alpha strike specs can be overpowered, especially because you don't see them coming. I would say that many healers are not nearly as broken as disc.

    Your best bet would probably be if you were brewmaster, and be very proactive about putting up things like physical shields and defensive cooldowns.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    My monk at level 65 received a 4k shield slam hit from an orc warrior who was the same level I think. It nearly 1 shot my monk.
    I call shenanigans. This was fixed in 5.3.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Non-max level pvp (and even max level pvp before about 476 pvp gear) is a total loss.

    Hunters are absurd, as are disc priests, as for many of these levels power word shield is about equal to a life bar. Alpha strike specs can be overpowered, especially because you don't see them coming. I would say that many healers are not nearly as broken as disc.

    Your best bet would probably be if you were brewmaster, and be very proactive about putting up things like physical shields and defensive cooldowns.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I call shenanigans. This was fixed in 5.3.
    If it's fixed, I'd say they did a poor job. My level 67 warrior is happily doing 12-15k crits on equal level mobs w/o vengeance. You can imagine what that would hit on a player equal my level.

  8. #8
    I dueled a 70 mage on my 69 monk when it was at that level but he couldn't kill me. Healing spheres heal for quite alot at that level but 90 its utter rubbish. I dno but you could try that. Obviously its not gonna do anything for such burst, but it helps with "unkillable" part :S

  9. #9
    If you actually got camped by someone 5 levels lower than you.. Then stick to pve. Some people just aren't meant to pvp

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post

    Na, bad players are bad as hell atm.
    Oh what, you suck as hard on your huntard that you can't faceroll people? Pity.

  11. #11
    Prot palas (the shield with 15 sec cd hits hard like 4k each on 3 players. at lvl 65-69)
    Monk main Casual

    people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If you actually got camped by someone 5 levels lower than you.. Then stick to pve. Some people just aren't meant to pvp
    OK mr pvp god. How do you counter someone doing 90% of your health in 3 seconds while you are frozen and cant move and by the time you can you are at 10% life?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    OK mr pvp god. How do you counter someone doing 90% of your health in 3 seconds while you are frozen and cant move and by the time you can you are at 10% life?
    If they are doing 90% of your health in 3 seconds when you're 5 levels higher, then you're doing something wrong. You can trinket it, use defensive cooldowns, cc him, etc.

  14. #14
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If they are doing 90% of your health in 3 seconds when you're 5 levels higher, then you're doing something wrong. You can trinket it, use defensive cooldowns, cc him, etc.
    Not everyone plays a human or uses a PvP trinket when leveling, nor do they have access to all their abilities yet. Getting killed by a prot warrior 5 levels below you for example is easily possible if they manage to hit their abilities.

  15. #15
    Field Marshal fisayoolat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United kingdon south east london
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Is it just me or are certain classes just unkillable when you meet them in the world on a pvp server while leveling? I had a level 72 hunter kill my 77 Monk 6 times. I just kept going back cause I thought "why the hell is someone 5 levels lower allowed to kill me" and I was so mad. Every single time it wasnt even close. He would just scatter/trap me if I got close then hit me with Aimed shot>Chimera>Arcane and Im dead. Checked my recount for damage taken and his Aimed + Chimera alone were doing 10-12k damage if they crit which is basically a 2 shot since I had 14k health. Can you even do anything in that situation or is it like getting ganked by a level 90 and just take your death, rez, and move along. Now that I think about it every single death I have had at the hands of another player was a damn hunter and none of them were even close.
    I know some people just get kicks out of saying hunters are op, but ill be real with you, any decent player will reply in this context, 'low level pvp?' 0 fuck is giving. seeing that you are only interested in low level pvp ill still stick to my comment just to troll those hunter hating noobs... by the way get to 90 and things will be better and i vote disc priest for op at 1-89.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If you actually got camped by someone 5 levels lower than you.. Then stick to pve. Some people just aren't meant to pvp
    Right... I was playing on my warrior alt the other day and 2v1d two warlocks higher level then me. It's pretty easy to do so aswell, seeing as you completly destroy 1 of them with a shieldslam/revenge combo... Damage at low level is insane and the 40% pvp resilience they give you doesn't actually reduce the damage you receive (says 40% in the tooltip but says it reduces dmg taken by 0%). Even without heirlooms it's not rare to 1 shot a mob with a crit of your main abilities (aimed shot,ambush,shield slam,...) so saying someone is noob for getting 2 shot is ridiculous.

    To further proof my point: In TBC I remember critting 1k for the fist time while leveling a rogue in hinterlands. That's around level 50, now I was leveling a rogue again for fun and got another 1k crit. With the small difference that I was level 20 this time... It's common sense that a class like hunter who can snipe you down from 40 yards awayand has plenty of escape tools/CC has the advantage in the 2 shotting people game.

    @OP Most healer specs are untouchable aswell in a 1v1 or even 2v1, prot warriors are generally better then most others out there aswell, as are prot paladins. Maybe you could try brewmaster like other people have said, the damage will probably stay about the same (or might even increase >.<) and your survival will go way up.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hunters are noobstompers at low level.

    Priests are unkillable, as are any healers tbh.

    Also 5 levels doesnt mean shit. I managed to solo a 70 hunter on my 60 pally twink. It was difficult but he wasnt that good.



    Na, bad players are bad as hell atm.
    So you're saying only a skilled player should be able to kill a hunter, even if said hunter is a 12 year old dumbass?

  18. #18
    I dont really pvp, but leveling my monk in full BoA gear, i felt pretty damn indestructible, with healing spheres healing me for 60-80% of my hp...

  19. #19
    Actually marksman is not atall a great hunter spec at 70, a survival hunter is much worse to face.
    Purely because serpent sting scaling is broken at 70-80. On my 70 hunt twink one SS deals 25-30k, all for just 15focus.
    Its beyond retarded really, barley touched that hunter since cata because of it. Imagine the pressure you can put out with that, just spam ss and serpent spread multi shot; not even the broken healers at 70 can keep up with that.

    Also on BoA gear, do not think that it will somehow give you an edge; all BoA gear minus the pvp trinket is inferior gear for every slot, in every single bracket except in the really low ones (10 -40).

  20. #20
    Paladins (1-90), Bubble hearth ftw =D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •