1. #1

    ChaosBolt idea [PTR 5.4]

    Hello guys, I'm here to talk about Destrolocks in the PTR.
    I think that we have a massive problem with the new KJC, & the actual CB. We need some buffs, heres some ideas.

    Kil'jaden's Cunning now has a duration of 15 seconds with a 60sec cooldown. Passive : Allow the Warlock to cast Incinerate, Malefic Grasp, and Shadow Bolt while moving.
    Old idea of Blizzard.

    Immolate critical hits, now give a buff, stacking up 2 times, the cast time of Chaosbolt is reduced by 10%, last 15sec. Can be dispell. Give to Warlock, an immolate useful, back to the old days.

    Backdraft reduced now the cast time of Chaos bolt by 50%.

    Rain of fire critical hits, now give a buff, stacking up 2 times, the cast time of Chaosbolt is reduced by 10%, last 15sec. Like the immolate idea.

    What do u think ?

  2. #2
    Misleading title is misleading.

    Anyone check to see if they've addressed the Chaos Bolt problem of not being affected properly by PvP power?

    I will burn your soul.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Misleading title is misleading.

    Anyone check to see if they've addressed the Chaos Bolt problem of not being affected properly by PvP power?
    There is no issue, they just reduced Chaos Bolt's damage against players by 25%.

  4. #4
    CB just isn't really worth casting in PvP - esp with the KC changes and the bigtime nerf to embers with RoF. I think 5.4 pvp destro will just be FF/Conflag spam, while CCing/gateway maintenanceing and waiting to find something in shadowburn range. Fun...

  5. #5
    This isn't that I want to play. Destro is fun, 5.1, maybe a little bit OP, but with the 5.4, destro would die in arena [High MMR]. No pressure, just self heal, that sucks.

  6. #6
    tbh chaos bolt should 1 shot players as a kind of stupidity penalty, coz if you're stupid enough to let one get off in arena you deserve to get 1 shot.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Misleading title is misleading.
    Agreed. Changed your title to not give people the idea there's an actual problem with CB on the PTR, OP.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cintox View Post
    Hello guys, I'm here to talk about Destrolocks in the PTR.
    I think that we have a massive problem with the new KJC, & the actual CB. We need some buffs, heres some ideas.

    Kil'jaden's Cunning now has a duration of 15 seconds with a 60sec cooldown. Passive : Allow the Warlock to cast Incinerate, Malefic Grasp, and Shadow Bolt while moving.
    Old idea of Blizzard.

    Immolate critical hits, now give a buff, stacking up 2 times, the cast time of Chaosbolt is reduced by 10%, last 15sec. Can be dispell. Give to Warlock, an immolate useful, back to the old days.

    Backdraft reduced now the cast time of Chaos bolt by 50%.

    Rain of fire critical hits, now give a buff, stacking up 2 times, the cast time of Chaosbolt is reduced by 10%, last 15sec. Like the immolate idea.

    What do u think ?
    Because warlocks need buffs, right.

  9. #9
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,386
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Because warlocks need buffs, right.
    Not really. Just changes to not make some situations horribly undesired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  10. #10
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Because warlocks need buffs, right.
    He is speaking about Destruction so... yes, both in PvE (except some gimmick encounters) and PvP.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  11. #11
    Destro is really lacking in overall pressure so unless they buff the damage of incinerate and possibly conflag and immo it will be almost impossible to cause any real threat. Imo they should buff the normal rotation spells and lower the base cast of chaos bolt to 2 seconds so it will actually be worth casting. The spec needs buffed even for pve so that would make the most sense. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

  12. #12
    I think that they wont buff our damage. In PvP our damage arent the strongest, but are pretty good in my opinion, but without CB,this spec cant be played in arenas. Reduced the cast time of CB, like tlk/cata, is the solution.

  13. #13
    They should make it so that if you reach full Embers you get one instant cast Chaos Bolt. Problem solved without any hassle.

    Something like reaching a [Fired Up] state making CB an instant cast but making it consume 2 (or 3?) Burning Embers. Come on Blizz implement it.
    Last edited by DenniZ; 2013-07-23 at 08:02 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    They should make it so that if you reach full Embers you get one instant cast Chaos Bolt. Problem solved without any hassle.

    Something like reaching a [Fired Up] state making CB an instant cast but making it consume 2 (or 3?) Burning Embers. Come on Blizz implement it.
    Stay at 3 embers the entire time?:P HAVE ALL THE INSTANT CB!

    Damn your sneaky edit!

  15. #15
    Blademaster Lethl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    34
    Dont forget we also have a scaling issue. We cant just buff incinerate, conflag and immolate every damn new raid. Probably need another spell in our rotation, or faster ember regen or even both to make up for it. I would welcome soulfire back in our rotation. But blizz is working on some "fix" to it i bet, lets just see whats gonna happend, i daubt they gonna make to much changes middle of an expansion. But some are idd needed, what ever they are planning to do.

  16. #16
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    9
    CB isnt even worth casting in PvP....

    120k Crits with all Buffs, yay...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakka2k View Post
    CB isnt even worth casting in PvP....

    120k Crits with all Buffs, yay...
    Eleshams - 80k with all buffs, that can be duplicated and deal 75% of dmg (it's a 120k in one gcd instant that can't be prevented from casting it, only by dispell the buff). Difference? Yea, the difference is that it is the INSTANT cast.

    The issue with destro is that the spec can't make more pressure than eleshams...
    Last edited by Feelsgood; 2013-07-23 at 11:18 AM.

  18. #18
    To get destro where it needs to be in pve you will have to buff ember generation and/or damage of filler spells 30%'ish. To make the system not collapse ember spenders need to hit harder than ember generators. Thus the issue of chaosbolt. Blizz feels so married to the idea of a big nuke you wind up but can't let it hit hard enough to be worth attempting in pvp. Honestly you don't get the all CD's CB off vs teams of similar MMR, just too easy to prevent. No 2 minute UR glyph is going to change that.

    Not when ele does what it does. Not when MM does what it does. Not when mages...well they are mages they get their own set of rules and nerf immunity. There just isn't a reason to take a destro lock anywhere compared to the other alternatives. Haunt is going to hit harder than CB with half the cast time and still buff periodic quite a bit. Its time destro got instant CB at 3x backdraft if its not going to hit very hard and everyone else gets harder hitting spells that are instant or otherwise similarly hard to prevent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •