Deleted

What usually defeats a Warrior in various MMORPGs?

Hello MMO. I have a question for you, what usually defeats a Warrior in MMORPG games? Giving it that the classes that have existed in every MMORPG for at least 10 years now.

More suited for the Video Games General board.

Magic classes which stay at a distance, which are killed by sneakysneaks/archers, which are killed by warriors.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    ye, magic classes or ranged, but warriors in general in rpg's are invincible lol
    I don't know why i think this xD

Something that can attack from a distance, most commonly your mage and hunter/ranger types. Typically warriors/fighters obliterate anything they come in close quarters of.

this is why the magic users typically have shields (globe of invulneratability from DND for example) should their spells fail to keep the raging juggernaut that is bearing down on them at bay or outright defeat it, because if it ever gets to land any blows, they mage is going to be pushing up daisies.

This is why magic users are often referred to as glass cannons, they have ridiculous amounts of powerful spells, and a handful of defensive abilities, which if they fail or are broken through, the magic user is dead in short order. While the warrior type will take beating after beating in the process of getting to the caster, if they make it to their prey, they earned the kill.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It usually goes something like this:

Warrior beats Rogues
    Rogue beast Mage
    Mage beats Warrior

Rock, paper, scissors
    That's a lot of bragging in your signature.

The casters, in general.

Deleted
    What usually defeats Warriors in MMOs? A Maths test.

Don't believe everything in the interwebs
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    And why not? He's probably worked his ass off for every one of those. He has the right to "brag" as you call it. I'd prefer to say he's just proud of his achievements.

Anyway this is off-topic so I'll just stop there.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The truth is nothing should beat a warrior. Mages, shamans and all those other classes have never existed. That's why it really pisses me off that warriors in wow get the back seat to all those other make believe classes.

Lazy designers.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    Lazy designers.
    That and anyone capable of understanding the ins and outs of a particular game well enough to work around the rock paper scissors factor.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Ranged > Mele is the general rule

A mage or classes able to bypass the defenses of a Warrior. Warriors typically have strong physical defense but poor magical defenses.

The classic model is: Warrior > Rogue > Mage > Warrior.

As each is designed in a manner against the goals/mechanics of the other.

The design isn't so much one of Warrior/Mage/Rogue. Fundamentally what the design concept revolves around is Sustain, Burst and Mitigation. These 3 aspects would be asymmetrical by course in almost all play systems desiring a mixed usage of roles/class or players.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-22 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'd be damn proud of myself if i had all of that too.

OT: Wizards

Looks like this immediately sneaked in to a pvp question. Personally I think a team with good synergy of melee damage (burst) to force movement, ranged dps (sustained), and healing (mitigation) would be optimal and superior to any other.
    Sadly thats never how it is
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...