Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    career mode released ? ^^ Oooook gotta play it again then

Is it the full career mode or just the discovery tree ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

It's just the discovery tree for now. Money and other things are being implemented in the future. It looks like a great start though! Haven't played the update myself yet due to lack of free time, but the videos I've seen look amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incase anyone hadn't seen it, video from Scott Manley a few days ago highlighting a mod that lets you weld parts together to decrease you part count, increasing the speed quite a bit with large space stations.

SpacePort: http://kerbalspaceport.com/ubioweldingltd/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Nice! I'm going to check this out tonight..not only do I always run into part count problems, but I really hate how the tri/quad couplers never line up like that. This solves both!

I played career mode for a few hours last night, got as far as tier 6 in the tech tree before I had to go to bed. It's fun to start from scratch, but I think I am going to go back to Sandbox mode tonight and restart my Kethane/KAS Minmus refinery now that I figured out what was wrong with the piping design. Also planning on working in the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod with all that when it's up and running.

You know a game isn't fun to play when you have to put an exclamation mark in the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    KSP is 40% off in the Steam store this weekend.

Just got the game a few days ago and jumped in to career mode. Holy cow is this game addicting. So far I've done manned kerbin orbits and landed unmanned probes on both moons. Sent a probe to the planet Eve but ran out of fuel before I could get slowed down and into an orbit.

Now I need to figure out how to rescue Jebidiah from kerbin orbit. He went on a space walk and got too far from the ship, ran out of RCS fuel trying to get back, and now he is just floating up there all alone

I'm yet to give this a try, I hadn't even seen a video of it until I came to this topic. I may give it a shot now after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunting me some Mun science;

Just bought the game; downloading it. Probably gonna set up a server to play with my dad. Looks great!

TBH, I bought this over the Mass Effect Trilogy. Yes, this is way more interesting.

There's no multiplayer in this yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 0.24 First Contract update is coming soon which adds things like funding/money, reputation, mission contracts etc.

Heres the videos Scott Manley did highlighting some of the updates;

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's no multiplayer in this yet.
    There's a multiplayer mod that's actually pretty functional although still in early development
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-07-15 at 06:51 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

There's a multiplayer mod that's actually pretty functional although still in early development
    I should have said base game.

And I'm totally stoked for this next update. It looks like it'll add a whole lot of replayability into career mode once you've done all the "base" stuff there is to do.

The 0.24 First Contract update is coming soon which adds things like funding/money, reputation, mission contracts etc.
    Wooo, I must say I am pretty burnt out with sandbox mode however. One of the downsides of early access. Still one of the best purchases I have ever made

Heres the videos Scott Manley did highlighting some of the updates;

I spent half an hour looking for the download link for the new update but haven't found one yet. Was it just that Scott Manely got early access for 0.24? Or did I miss the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I spent half an hour looking for the download link for the new update but haven't found one yet. Was it just that Scott Manely got early access for 0.24? Or did I miss the link?
    The regular youtubers have an early access version, yes. The public version will be out in the very near future.

The update is out! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's changed the way I'm designing spacecrafts etc a lot more than I was expecting it to but still really enjoying it. Nice to have concise goals to aim for, some of which are actually quite difficult.

My only issue currently is, as Scott Manley mentioned, the part/debri-distance limit which deletes pieces past a certain range when close to a planetary body. Makes things like asparagus staging go from highly effecient TWR-wise to highly ineffecient cost-wise.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Yeah, that's one thing I really hope they manage to figure out in a future update. I know why they've decided to do it like that, but it does get annoying.

My only issue currently is, as Scott Manley mentioned, the part/debri-distance limit which deletes pieces past a certain range when close to a planetary body. Makes things like asparagus staging go from highly effecient TWR-wise to highly ineffecient cost-wise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Dy...sMrPmbm6Nxvb-A

How to build your sterotypical multi-staged spacecraft and recover most your investment. Simply put probe cores on your stages, wait until your craft has made it out of the atmosphere, then start jettisoning stages. He also showed at the end there how to make a VAB SSTO.