Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    After four, long, hard years,
    Sheesh that has been a long time

Which reminds me I still need to land on eve and everything. I actually made a ship and got there, had a wee bit of a rough landing which broke a couple of rockets on my escape module, but somehow the save was lost. It was largely ion powered for the interplanetary trip so I have not had the patience to do it again. The take off weight of my monstrosity was nearly 3000 tonnes

KSP is on sale until the 1st of May for anyone thinking about picking it up
    Last edited by plantation; 2015-04-28 at 03:14 AM.

Its hard on career mode, I just play on normal and I have hard time. Guess it takes time to learn, oh and landing a plane with a keyboard is pain. So far I like it tho, I should probably check wiki and some early lets play to learn the basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Its hard on career mode, I just play on normal and I have hard time. Guess it takes time to learn, oh and landing a plane with a keyboard is pain. So far I like it tho, I should probably check wiki and some early lets play to learn the basic.
    Yeah, money is tight for the first few missions. I need to start a new career save since they overhauled it with the recent 1.0 patch. I didn't really "get it" until around the 20 hour mark, but after you learn the basics of orbiting and get an idea of how efficient the different engines are the game really opens up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some things you can make/do in KSP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Understanding the concept of what a Gravity Turn is will make it easier to get into orbit, id suggest starting there as well as going to Minmus before considering the Mun, Minmus is easier to land on while having access to less parts due to the lower gravity pull despite the slight inclination change in approach.

The Mun is easier to navigate to, but requires conservation of fuel and some thought into landing.

Minmus is the easiest to land on and return from, with little thought required in conserving fuel during the landing. It is trickier to navigate to, though.

If your great at space travel in KSP but consistently maroon your guys on planets with no fuel left to return left, go Minmus.

If otherwise, go Mun.

Oh I didnt even tried to go to orbit, I dont have many hours played. I'm still trying to get as much science as i can while I do the easiest missions. I think I might start over cause I burned way too much money on launching lot of bad spaceship just to achieve random missions (get X speed, reach Y height, etc.). I'll just restart and probably keep normal difficulty, while boosting the science gain a little bit for my first playthrough. Ill read your link Zealo when I'm back from work.

Deleted
    The game has been finished for ages, sales probably have gone down a tad after youtubers made it famous and they re-releasing it to bumb the sales. Smart move, especially if it's a decent to great game. If you have a good product on early acces that's very playable why not wait to officially release it if it sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The game has been finished for ages
    The features that were promised at the beginning have only just been finally implemented. Thus, the finished product came out yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The game has been finished for ages, sales probably have gone down a tad after youtubers made it famous and they re-releasing it to bumb the sales. Smart move, especially if it's a decent to great game. If you have a good product on early acces that's very playable why not wait to officially release it if it sells.
    The game haven't been in feature complete status "for ages", a more apt description is that its early access done right were the dev didn't abandon their game, something that is far too rare within early access. Calling it finished for ages when it got things like aerodynamics revamps just yesterday is a bit silly.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-04-28 at 09:33 PM.

The reason why it might have seemed to be "complete" for a long time is because of their development process. Basically they've made sure every update has been as polished as possible, just in case they for some reason never could get the game to 1.0. So even if they didn't make the full release, people would still be playing something that could pass as a full and complete game.

I bought this when it first came out on early access and have barely touched it, I just wanted to support the developers.

Well... here's a dark trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    [video=youtube;7kTbo1wmN-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTbo1wmN-w[video]
    Well... here's a dark trailer.
    We already had the dude taking off his helmet on the Mun to get a wrench.

Nice trailer lol..!

Tonight I land on Mun.. it might end up being a one way trip, doesnt matter, we will never forget the sacrifice of Valentina... for science!

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    PS4 Getting Spaceship-Building Sim Kerbal Space Program

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4.../1100-6428266/

The popular spacecraft-building sim Kerbal Space Program is coming to the PlayStation 4.

The developer announced today on Twitter that its game will finally make its way to consoles with a release on Sony's system. The game has been exclusive to PC, and requires a moderately powered computer to run it sufficiently. This is good news for people like me, who have put way too many hours into KSP but would love a way to play it without investing in a better computer.

The game is basically a construction sandbox, allowing players to mess around with different parts to make rockets or space planes. It is easy to put together a simple spaceship, but it can get super involved and complicated if you decide to shoot for a moon landing or the creation of a space station.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how their going to port a game with so many hotkeys for flight onto a gamepad o.O

Just hoping they don't butcher the PC UI in the process.