New BS, make Reborn weapon or save Lightning Steel for 5.4?

On my Paladin alt I'm in the process of leveling up Blacksmithing to 600. I'll start doing the daily cooldowns for Lightning Steel right away, but from what I've been able to fish up, it looks like the new epic craftables in 5.4 will be using the same mats. This seems to be out of step with other professions which will have new daily cooldowns. Is this confirmed, that those who have farmed up Lightning Steel will have a leg up?

Deleted
    well there are placeholder items that cost 20 ingots, perhaps thats for SoO, but surely u can get loads by then.
    Also it isnt guaranteed they will be in 5.4.... id just grind 15k gold cus thats all they cost atm on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    On my Paladin alt I'm in the process of leveling up Blacksmithing to 600. I'll start doing the daily cooldowns for Lightning Steel right away, but from what I've been able to fish up, it looks like the new epic craftables in 5.4 will be using the same mats. This seems to be out of step with other professions which will have new daily cooldowns. Is this confirmed, that those who have farmed up Lightning Steel will have a leg up?
    The 5.4 BS cooldown will be using 1x Trillium Bar instead of 10x Ghost Iron Bars. However the crafted PvP gear will still use Ghost Iron Bars.

As for whether it's worth making the weapons; I've seen reports of people still making 5k-10k profit per month making the 502 weapons. Whether that's enough for you to care is another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you'll use in 5.4 to craft stuff: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98717-bal...trillium-ingot

The Lightning Steel won't have value beyond the things you can allready create.

OK, that's cool. I got the 496 tank sword from reg ToES, so I no longer need to craft a weapon for myself. That frees me up to save mats for the PvP pieces and blow them up for easy Sha Crystals.

yeah i stopped making ignots awhile ago. I figured they wud become useless and not nearly as profitable as just saving your G.iron bars for new pvp gear set.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    But will the 502 items still sell? Arguably even the greediest Gold Goblin with much income will have an easier time finding Honor for 496 Weapon instead Gold for 502 Reborns?
    For people more interested in boosting ilvl as quick as possible there's no reason to buy a lower ilvl weapon when you can get one spamming trade for a BS with the ingots, especially when you can buy other 2 3 other pieces for about the same honor cost.

Deleted
    I sold the 502 Lionheart today for 21k.What do you think about the price guys ?