Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    prolly Loremaster.. so much time for a stupid tabard/title :d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I have completed all those Arch achievements, but the most ridiculously retarded achievement is
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6599
    Legendary Pet Brawler
    Win 5000 PvP pet battles.

NEVER Going to do that!
    This!

5000 pvp pet battles...
    only people who got this probably wintraded. nowadays it just takes too much time

The win x battles aka 5000 pvp pet battles or the very dumb and easy ones such as getting a haircut. I like the ones that have some difficulty but isn't a grind fest doing the samething over and over. Loremaster wasn't too bad because most of it are easy at our level. You one shot most quest mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The ones were you run around and hug critters. I hate that they add one every single expansion
    Did they add one in MoP cause IDR and must've missed it, brb to check and get my 10pts if they did :P

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    The win x battles aka 5000 pvp pet battles or the very dumb and easy ones such as getting a haircut. I like the ones that have some difficulty but isn't a grind fest doing the samething over and over. Loremaster wasn't too bad because most of it are easy at our level. You one shot most quest mobs.
    Why is 5000 pvp pet battles any worse then "get a bajillion HKs"? If you enjoy PVP pet battles, you will eventually get the achievement. If you enjoy PvP, you will eventually get the other one. Nothing says you HAVE to do every achievement unless you REALLY REALLY like Achievement points.

For me, the only stupid one is the "make 500 of X type high level bandages" one. Since realistically, it is pretty much a complete waste of cloth, and in no way would be "acchieved" normally. "Cook one of all these foods"? Sure, i can possibly see someone doing that while leveling cooking. Catch one of each of these fish. Yep, i can see that happening. Craft 500 max level bandages when you stop getting skillups for them after around the 20th one? Who the hell wants to waste cloth doing that!?

I mean, with the amount of self healing every class has these days, other then for the Cloud Serpent dailys, I can't actually recall the last time I used a bandage. Probably some time back in Burning Crusade?
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-07-28 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightlust View Post
    The outher one - where you are showing the critters of Azeroth and Outland and how much you /love them. ?

.... and some more with Wrath and Cata?

Running arround like headless chicken!!
    And harassing small animals...

No achievement is stupid. It's just one more thing to look forward to in the game and there is nothing wrong with that.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

PvP pet battles are pretty dumb hopefully in 5.4 the changes to them will make them less annoying to do

Deleted
    Pet battle achivements

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    For me, the only stupid one is the "make 500 of X type high level bandages" one. Since realistically, it is pretty much a complete waste of cloth, and in no way would be "acchieved" normally. "Cook one of all these foods"? Sure, i can possibly see someone doing that while leveling cooking. Catch one of each of these fish. Yep, i can see that happening. Craft 500 max level bandages when you stop getting skillups for them after around the 20th one? Who the hell wants to waste cloth doing that!?
    I got both of those (Wrath and Cata) during actual content on my main (hunter). Mostly used them in battlegrounds or soloing, where stuff can keep you in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's got to be the Justicar achievement and title - specifically the getting Exalted with Silverwing Sentinels (or the Warsong Outriders for the Horde equivalent Conqueror title.

I don't mind the grind that's required for it, but the fact that back in the day people could get exalted much quicker with marks, but it now requires hundreds of games played (far more than 100 wins!), seems a bit silly to me! Then again, life isn't fair so just gotta eat it up. Maybe one day I'll be amped up enough to start grinding this (and numerous other) pvp achievements.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

15+ Year Old Account
    A haircut and shave.

reach lvl 10.. "congratulations you managed to play the game for 2 hours without falling off your chair and breaking your neck"

I guess there's two ways to look at it "retarded" as in extremely easy and shouldn't be an achievement? Or is it "retarded" as in extremely hard / very long grind. I don't actually have a problem with the later if Blizzard wants to put in achievements for ridiculous grinds and people do them good for them. I take the question more as "why is this an achievement" in that case it's definitely the Represent achievement. Maybe it's because I get it @ level one as soon as I check the mail, either wya I always found it stupid you'd get an achievement for equipping a tabard...

Deleted
    Definately the ones when you need to run around and hug a bunch of critters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Agreed. If you do it at level 25 it'd take moonths to get it, without any kind of reward except 10 points. At least give me another pet or an even better cage for catching new ones. ANYTHING.
    I got it in a few days.

/no life

On-topic: Getting killed by Deathwing is probably the most pointless achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I got it in a few days.

/no life

On-topic: Getting killed by Deathwing is probably the most pointless achievement.
    Mind telling me what pets you used? I know it's a lot of rock-scissors-paper, but some pets *are* better than others. I've only won around 60 or so PvP pet battles so far, I was more into leveling as wowprogress added their pet score thing.

*free thread bump*
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    im surprised nobody's mentioned the "explored..." achievements, which you either get by accident, or purposefully have to fly around every zone once you get flying for that particular continent. it definitely involves absolutely no skill, and nothing from you other than hitting auto-run while flying and turning every now and again

Deleted
    The haircut one,and the one to /hug or /love all critters in Azeroth/Outland/Northrend/Pandaria etc. Out of all things,why would I ever,ever go around Azeroth and /hug every critter I found on my way. :P

The Conqueror - Raise your reputation values in Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley to Exalted

Not really stupid I just don't like it. I'm never going to get it unless they start giving a more rep.