Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There's not some sort of secrecy behind that fact, nor do they have a special diet. ANYONE training with a personal trainer 1-3h/day and eating what is commonly known as healthy, could be ripped beyond measure. I, without a personal trainer spoon-feeding me , reached 5% body fat by eating 5 protein reach and low fat meals/day (obviously everything was weighted beforehand) and running for 75 minutes, with a polar of course, in 4-5 months. Lean and fit is the way to go for me, never been eager to become Schwarzenegger, as his body type is simple something to laugh about.

Deleted
    because of personal trainers and dietists that don't want their 'secrets' out and ofc in some cases because they juice up for a movie instead of hard work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Celebrities have personal cooks, personal trainers, and various people to push them. The average Joe or Jane Doe tends to take shortcuts, cheat on their diets while rationalizing the hell out of the decisions, and generally do a half-assed attempt at following a diet plan. There is no "secret". It's like Mark Twain said. The key to good health is to eat what you don't like, drink what you don't want, and do what you'd rather not.
    Although that's quite true, there still are people dedicated enough to their diet and routine to not half-ass it. And yet those people will never ever get the same results as someone who used steroids.
    No matter how strictly you follow your program, you'll never close the gap between a naturally plateaued physique and someone who got past that by using gear.
    No matter how strictly you follow your program, you'll never make the same amount of progress as a steroid user in the same timeframe.

Most actors are making radical physical changes in a very short time, that it's insane to think they reached that purely by diet/routine/supps.

For example, a recent article relating to Hugh Jackman:
    Hugh Jackman is scared he's going to suffer a "heart attack." The actor - who stars as the titular character in superhero spin-off The Wolverine - admitted the diet he has to stick to when he gets in shape for the role worries him because he knows it's "not good." Speaking to the Mail on Sunday newspaper's Event Magazine, he said: "It's not good for me to eat 6,000 calories a day. I have to eat a dozen eggs every day. The only way [varying the diet] works is eating chicken. I know there are vegan body builders but chicken is what works for me. Lots and lots of chicken ... I worry I'll have a heart attack." The 44-year-old star has to undertake a huge workout regime - which he hates - every time he plays the mutant and he admitted he thought people pushing themselves so hard for a similar goal were "idiots." He added: "I used to go to the gym and see these guys pumping iron and I thought they were idiots. In what situation could you need to bench 350 pounds? I never understood the addiction, it's just painful. But that's what I do to become Wolverine."
    Either he exaggerates his daily intake of calories, or it's just another pointer at actors using steroids to buff up. There is no way you can bulk on that amount of calories and still look shredded without having used enhancement, let alone on his age where your test levels start to drop. The worst part is that he's giving out bad broscience for free too: "Lots and lots of chicken ... I worry I'll have a heart attack.". Yea no, the chicken and eggs (cholesterol in food has a very small correlation to cholesterol found in your blood) won't cause a heart attack, it's the strain you're putting on your heart by making it perform extremely out of the ordinary.

By reading your explanation about how it isn't just popping some pills and sticking some needles in your legs I take it you don't lack knowledge on this area, so you'll also know that one, especially in Hollywood, can easily get a cocktail of gear based on what their goal is, how their current health is and how to minimize negative effects (Wolverine with gyno would be awful ).

Again to all; there is no "secret" in this area when looking at fitness regimes or nutrition. There are no secret routines or exercises you must do in combination with special diets. Unless you've got some sort of disorder, it all boils down to the same for everyone: Losing weight = Burn more calories than you take in, gaining weight = higher intake of calories than you're burning, with ~1g/lbs of your weight in protein if you're working out and planning to gain some muscle.
    To do this in a healthy manner you should look at your intake of proteins/fats/carbs and adjust your daily nutrition properly, so you can ensure you get enough vitamins, minerals etc. that you aren't causing malnutrition to your body. Yes, having a nutritionist doing this for you makes it easier, but it isn't something you can't do on your own if you dedicate enough time looking up facts and general advice considering healthy eating.
    The same goes for setting up a fitness routine; a basic search on Google will point you in the right direction and there are tons of forums willing to help you. None of them will tell you something different than someone you hired will (heck, most personal trainers and coaches over here are vomiting so much disinformation that imo it's better to trust forums over one personal trainer).

Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    There's not some sort of secrecy behind that fact, nor do they have a special diet. ANYONE training with a personal trainer 1-3h/day and eating what is commonly known as healthy, could be ripped beyond measure. I, without a personal trainer spoon-feeding me , reached 5% body fat by eating 5 protein reach and low fat meals/day (obviously everything was weighted beforehand) and running for 75 minutes, with a polar of course, in 4-5 months. Lean and fit is the way to go for me, never been eager to become Schwarzenegger, as his body type is simple something to laugh about.
    Nothing personal, but I doubt you really reached 5% bf. Getting to such low levels requires an uncomfortable amount of dieting/exercising, where you'll lose a lot of muscle. Getting to such low levels in the single digit area without using things like DNP/tren/clen -> diuretics to get rid of eventual bloat and staying at those levels doesn't make you lean, it just makes your body frail and weak.
    Last edited by mmocc260283a87; 2013-07-30 at 05:21 AM.

Because their regimens typically include personal trainers, exercise, and decent food and there is no big secret.

15+ Year Old Account
    many of them have a professional trainer who makes a living off "training celebs" and their regiment is what I would assume as... "licensed."

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Because their regimens typically include personal trainers, exercise, and decent food and there is no big secret.
    Amen...I am not sure why everyone assumes every celeb who is well built has to be using steroids. Are some of them? Sure. Does every man in Hollywood past age 35 with nice pecs and a 6 pack use illegal drugs? No. The big secret to getting into shape is there there IS no secret.

There is nothing special about how they eat. Diet information is readily available around the internet.

The only difference is they can afford a cooking service that can prepare their meals to the specifications and macros they desire.

The dirty hollywood secret is their use of steroids and hormone therapies.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    David Kingsbury, the trainer for Hugh Jackman, released the complete information for his routine and diet to become the best looking version of Wolverine to date.

http://www.davidkingsbury.co.uk/the-wolverine-workout/

Deleted
    There is nothing to give away. All these people are doing is working their asses off to look the way they are. Looks are a massive factor for celebrities, of course they will hire the best PTs and nutritionists to help them maintain that look. It's all about determination and the "I can look like them too" attitude. You get as much out of working out as you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    There is nothing to give away. All these people are doing is working their asses off to look the way they are. Looks are a massive factor for celebrities, of course they will hire the best PTs and nutritionists to help them maintain that look. It's all about determination and the "I can look like them too" attitude. You get as much out of working out as you put in.
    Keep living in your make believe world. It's ok I guess. Until you realize you don't look like someone who's 'diet' advice you are emulating because they are running $2000 a month of HGH which they neglected to tell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    Keep living in your make believe world. It's ok I guess. Until you realize you don't look like someone who's 'diet' advice you are emulating because they are running $2000 a month of HGH which they neglected to tell you.
    Gosh, what's with the attack? You're clearly just thinking of the guys who build ridiculous amounts of muscle. I'm mainly looking at the women (being you know, a woman myself) and the way they train. And I never said I am personally aspiring to be like them. It was a generalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    Gosh, what's with the attack? You're clearly just thinking of the guys who build ridiculous amounts of muscle. I'm mainly looking at the women (being you know, a woman myself) and the way they train. And I never said I am personally aspiring to be like them. It was a generalisation.
    I'm not attacking you. I'm just telling you how it is and trying to wake you and others out of their ignorance. Taking HGH isn't about building muscle btw. There is a reason why celebrities in their 50's and 60's still have great looking skin, and hair, and are slim. It's not because they work out hard and have personal chiefs.

And there is nothing wrong with that. If I had the money I would be taking HGH. What I have a problem with is people selling garbage advice and programs to the populace and claiming that if you do such and such program or diet, you will get the results that the endorser has. Stop believing the garbage that the assholes in the media keep feeding you so they can sell some bogus supplements or workout program.

Deleted
    Because that way they can sell expensive treatments/diets that don't know work while they have personal trainers and nutritionists who decide what they get to eat.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the side effects of steroids - e.g. Hair loss, bitch tits - what kind of actor is stupid enough to "juice"?

Their looks are their fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Given the side effects of steroids - e.g. Hair loss, bitch tits - what kind of actor is stupid enough to "juice"?

Their looks are their fortune.
    You don't have a clue what you are talking about. It's not really your fault, you are just ignorant to reality and accept media misinformation as fact, and then regurgitate it to other people. You aren't the only one though... won't be the last.

Deleted
    Their secrets? Lots of money and expensive personal trainers and dietists.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    You don't have a clue what you are talking about. It's not really your fault, you are just ignorant to reality and accept media misinformation as fact, and then regurgitate it to other people. You aren't the only one though... won't be the last.
    This guy tried it,

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...eing.features1

Does not look fun. The side effects are pretty bad.

there's no secret. if you work out and eat right you'll be in great shape.

anything else is just window dressing to either sell an expensive service, books, or merchandise.

I'd give most of them the benefit of the doubt on the steroid thing (Dwayne Johnson is really the only one that makes me skeptical).

If I spent 3 hours in the gym each day with a personal trainer (not including extra time for fight scene training) and was able to hire a cook, I could definitely get to the point where half the people in this thread would accuse me of taking steroids.

There really is no secret. Most people just don't fully commit to nutrition and exercise plans because it's a lot more difficult than it sounds (leading a normal, non-movie star life makes it even more difficult).

Deleted
    They drink 2L shakes a day. 500g steroids, 500g protein, 500g dexaprine, 500g creatine.