10+ Year Old Account

Warlock ideas, adjustments, and fake patch notes

I was talking with a friend and I felt like I had some OK ideas on how warlocks could be improved/adjusted/etc. so I decided to spend my free time making a fake set of patch notes. I feel like I could do a better job class designing than Blizzard, but of course that's my personal opinion, you guys let me know.

Have a look and tell me what you think, if something is good, bad, impractical, etc.

Please remember, these are fake patch notes.

General
    • Fel Flame damage increased by 15%. No longer extends the duration of DoTs.
    • Life Drain damage increased by 33%. Now restores health based on 100% of the damage dealt.
    • The debuff from using a Demonic Gateway has been increased to 30 seconds (up from 15 seconds).
    • Fel Armor no longer reduces all damage taken by 10%, but instead grants you an additional 65% armor (35% as demonology).

Talents
    • Howl of Terror is now a baseline spell for all Warlocks and no longer a talent.
    • Soul Leech will now activate from Shadowburn, but will now cap out at 20% of the warlock and their pet's maximum health (down from 100%).
    • Dark Regeneration now restores 40% health (up from 30%) and increases healing received by 30% (up from 25%) over 12 seconds.
    • Harvest Life damage increased by 33%. Now restores health based on 150% of the damage dealt to the primary target and 25% of the damage dealt to other targets.
    • Mortal Coil cooldown reduced by 5 seconds.
    • Soul Link redesigned. Now causes 20% of all damage you take to transfer to your pet and causes you and your pet to restore 3% of all damage you and your pet deal.
    • Dark Bargain will now deal 50% of the damage prevented over 20 seconds.
    • Burning Rush will now drain 3% of your maximum health per second (was 4%).
    • Unbound Will health cost reduced to 10% (was 20%)..
    • Kil'jaden's Cunning no longer has a movement speed reduction.
    • Mannoroth's Fury now increases your damaging area of effect abilities by 250% (was 500%) and increases the damage of Rain of Fire, Immolation Aura, Hellfire, and Seed of Corruption by 25%.
    • Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed into Archimonde's Darkness. Now reduces the cooldown of Dark Soul by 30 seconds increases and the effeciency by 5%.
    • New: Demonic Breath (replaces Howl of Terror) - you send out a cone of shadow damage, snaring the targets for 70% for 6 seconds. 20 second cooldown.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Shadowflame removed. Now baseline.
    • Glyph of Conflagrate removed. Now baseline.
    • Glyph of Imp Swarm removed. Now baseline.
    • Glyph of Soul Swap redesigned. Now causes all periodic effects to refresh in duration and recalculate instead of copying the duration and the power of the periodic effects.
    • Glyph of Dark Soul redesigned. Now you passively gain 3% but reduces the effectiveness of the on use by 5%. The passive will not be disabled while the spell is on cooldown.
    • Glyph of Healthstone redesigned. Increases healing by 25% but healthstone can no longer critically heal.
    • Glyph of Fear no longer has a cooldown.
    • Glyph of Demonic Circle renamed to Demonic Portal and includes reducing the debuff time of your Demonic Gateway by 6 seconds.
    • Glyph of Embers redesigned. No longer increases healing, instead each time you ember tap you gain 15% mana.
    • Glyph of Everlasting Affliction redesigned. Increases the duration of your periodic effects by 50%, but increases the time between their periodic ticks by 20%.
    • Glyph of Carrion Swarm will now knock enemy targets back.
    • New: Glyph of Unending Resolve - Reduces the cooldown by 1 minute, the damage reduction by 15%, and the prevention from being interupted by 3 seconds.
    • New: Glyph of Havoc - Your havoc gains 3 additional charges, but has its cooldown increased by 30 seconds.
    • New: Glyph of Fel Flame - Your Fel Flame and Void Ray now extends your immolate, corruption, and unstable affliction by 6 seconds, but reduces their damage by 15%.

Affliction
    • Soul Leech will now cause Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, Fel Flame, or Haunt to grant you a shield that absorbs 25% of the damage dealth (up from 20%) for 15 seconds.
    • Corruption damage increased by 10%.
    • Agony damage increased by 10%.
    • Unstable Affliction damage increased by 10%. Dispell damage increased by 10%.
    • Malefic Grasp now deals 30% less damage. Periodic damage effects will now deal 30% normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    • Drain Soul periodic damage effects will now deal 70% normal periodic damage (down from 100%)
    • Haunt damage increased by 33%. Now increases all damage done by the Warlock and his pet by 40% (up from 30%).
    • Nightfall now has an 8% chance to proc off your last corruption.

Demonology
    • Imp Swarm is now a baseline ability. You will not passively gain imps while this is on cooldown.
    • Wild Imp damage reduced by 10%.
    • Void Ray damage increased by 15%. No longer extends the duration of DoTs.
    • Soul Leech will now cause Shadowbolt, Soul Fire, Fel Flame, and Touch of Chaos to grant you a shield that absorbs 15% of the damage dealth (up from 10%) for 15 seconds.
    • Hand of Gul'dan no longer has multiple charges. Initial damage increased by 100%, DoT damage increased by 100%. Snare increased to 70%. Each shadowflame tick generates 4 fury per target.
    • Soul Fire damage increased by 15% if the target is under 25% health.
    • Carrion Swarm no longer knocks enemies back and damage increased by 25%.
    • Chaos Wave no longer has multiple charges. Damage increased by 50%, fury cost increased by 20%, snare increased to 70%.
    • Immolation Aura fury cost reduced by 25%.
    • Corruption damage increased by 10%. Will generate 5 fury per tick.

Destruction
    • Immolate will now always generate an emberbit when applied and when it periodically causes damage. If immolate crits, it will generate 2 emberbits. Damage increased by 10%, duration increased by 4 seconds.
    • Incinerate will now always generate 2 emberbits. If incinerate crits, it will generate 4 emberbits. Damage increased by 5%.
    • Shadowburn has a new effect: if shadowburn fails to kill the target, you will instantly regain your ember. This can not occur more than once every 20 seconds.
    • Chaos Bolt has been redesigned. Damage reduced by 20%. When you press chaos bolt, you will begin to cast the spell. Upon casting chaos bolt a second time, you will fire the chaos bolt at the target. The maximum cast time a chaos bolt can have is 5 seconds. The longer you allow chaos bolt to cast, the more damage it will deal.
    • > At 1 second, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 10%.
    • > At 2 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 20%.
    • > At 3 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 40%.
    • > At 4 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 70%.
    • > At 5 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 110%.
    • > Haste will reduce the maximum cast time of the spell but preserves the damage increase.
    • > The idea is a 2-2.5 second chaos bolt cast will deal the same damage as is does currently on live servers, but now also adds a risk to keep casting it even longer for a high reward in a very powerful chaos bolt.
    • Rain of Fire ember generation has been reduced by 50% if hitting less than 3 targets.
    • Conflagrate will now cause the target to be snared for 70% even if immolate is not applied. If you conflagrate a target who is currently snared by your conflagrate, they will be rooted in place for 3 seconds.
    Last edited by sasofrass; 2013-07-23 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Talents
    • Soul Leech will now activate from Shadowburn, but will now cap out at 20% of the warlock and their pet's maximum health (down from 100%).

30% cap is where it should be at, imo.

• Mannoroth's Fury now increases your damaging area of effect abilities by 250% (was 500%) and increases the damage of Rain of Fire, Immolation Aura, Hellfire, and Seed of Corruption by 25%.

Rain of Fire deals shit for damage in comparison to Immolation Aura, Hellfire, and Seed of Corruption. Needs to be Fire and Brimstone: Conflagrate or Fire and Brimstone: Incinerate (not sure which would be more balanced, but one of the two) to keep the talent's usefulness between specs balanced.

• Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed into Archimonde's Darkness. Now reduces the cooldown of Dark Soul by 30 seconds increases and the effeciency by 5%.

Too OP. A lot of warlocks kept H t14 4set for a while into this tier just because of the 40sec reduction on Dark Soul. Increasing the efficiency on top of that just means nobody will take the other talents. Maybe reduce the CD by 20secs and that's it. Works out well still.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Dark Soul redesigned. Now you passively gain 3% but reduces the effectiveness of the on use by 5%. The passive will not be disabled while the spell is on cooldown.

3% flat crit (destro), haste (aff), and mastery (demo) for 2 minutes at the expense of 5% of those stats for 20 seconds... Would become a mandatory glyph. 1% could work.

• Glyph of Healthstone redesigned. Increases healing by 25% but healthstone can no longer critically heal.

Can't critically heal anyway, afaik.

• Glyph of Fear no longer has a cooldown.

And needs to stop pulling packs of mobs when used on one of the mobs in said pack.

• Glyph of Embers redesigned. No longer increases healing, instead each time you ember tap you gain 15% mana.

This is silly. Mana regen is not an issue that destro has at our current gear levels. If it is for you, then you're doing something seriously wrong.

Affliction
    • Soul Leech will now cause Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, Fel Flame, or Haunt to grant you a shield that absorbs 25% of the damage dealth (up from 20%) for 15 seconds.

Why is this under affliction? Soul Leech is an optional talent. And why would they get a 25% absorb when your baseline talent is currently stating a 20% absorb? Why not Demo and Destro?

Demonology
    • Soul Leech will now cause Shadowbolt, Soul Fire, Fel Flame, and Touch of Chaos to grant you a shield that absorbs 15% of the damage dealth (up from 10%) for 15 seconds.

And again, why the different absorb amounts for different specs? That's just stupid.

• Hand of Gul'dan no longer has multiple charges. Initial damage increased by 100%, DoT damage increased by 100%. Snare increased to 70%. Each shadowflame tick generates 4 fury per target
    • Chaos Wave no longer has multiple charges. Damage increased by 50%, fury cost increased by 20%, snare increased to 70%.

No good Demo lock uses Chaos Wave in a single target rotation anyway. Are you trying to discourage it even further by making HoG even more appealing in comparison than it already is?

Destruction
    • Immolate will now always generate an emberbit when applied and when it periodically causes damage. If immolate crits, it will generate 2 emberbits. Damage increased by 10%, duration increased by 4 seconds.

This is what I was considering taking to GC's twitter as "compensation" for the RoF ember generation nerf. It's a good idea and creates little to no balance issues.

• Incinerate will now always generate 2 emberbits. If incinerate crits, it will generate 4 emberbits. Damage increased by 5%.

Would make ember generation far too high when coupled with immolate emberbit generation.

• Shadowburn has a new effect: if shadowburn fails to kill the target, you will instantly regain your ember. This can not occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Would be too OP in PvP. Nice, but wouldn't last.

• Chaos Bolt has been redesigned. Damage reduced by 20%. When you press chaos bolt, you will begin to cast the spell. Upon casting chaos bolt a second time, you will fire the chaos bolt at the target. The maximum cast time a chaos bolt can have is 5 seconds. The longer you allow chaos bolt to cast, the more damage it will deal.
    • > At 1 second, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 10%.
    • > At 2 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 20%.
    • > At 3 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 40%.
    • > At 4 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 70%.
    • > At 5 seconds, a chaos bolt will deal it's normal damage, plus 110%.
    • > Haste will reduce the maximum cast time of the spell but preserves the damage increase.
    • > The idea is a 2-2.5 second chaos bolt cast will deal the same damage as is does currently on live servers, but now also adds a risk to keep casting it even longer for a high reward in a very powerful chaos bolt.

Nice for PvP, too OP for PvE.

• Rain of Fire ember generation has been reduced by 50% if hitting less than 3 targets.

RoF ember gen just needs to be flat out nerfed, end of story. If you fix it with immolate ticks / tick crits generating emberbits, it wouldn't affect AoE ember generation due to FnB immolate.
    That's all of my issues with these "fake patch notes". The rest of it seems pretty good, but by the same token is pretty much copy+pasted from the real patch notes, so yeah...
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-07-23 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Healthstones can crit.

A lot of nice changes, but these are somewhat short-sighted. If that Dark Bargain change went through, you could basically take as much damage as you wanted. You could soak 10.000.000 damage, and live to tell the tale...
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    The multiple soul leech is basically how it is currently on live, but the affliction version and demo version to not compare to the destro version.

The glyph of embers would compensate mana loss if the chaos bolt change were to go through and you cast chaos bolt too quickly.

I believe even if you were to just add emberbit generation to immolate it would not fully compensate for losing out of RoF ember generation. On live, if your immolate tick crits you gain and emberbit and overall it just wouldn't be sufficient. This also makes incinerate always better to cast when you can rather than fel flame.

For Mannoroth's Fury, the intent is to basically keep it the same as live, with a slight damage increase. You would still get a 250% aoe fire and brimstone and destro aoe would still be very good. This would also make affliction aoe a lot better.

Archimonde's Darkness was made probably too strong, but I figure if you're losing out on mobility or higher aoe to have a higher ability to burst.

The chaos bolt change makes it a risky spell in pvp, allowing you to potentially have threatening chaos bolts at the cost of charging it up as long as you can. I don't think it would particularly be too OP in pve just because of how long the cast is and the penalty of having to cancel it early to move can really hurt (unless you had KJC).

The hand of gul'dan and chaos wave change basically don't differ much from live if you were to use them twice at a target. Your gul'dan will do as much as it would if it had 2 stacks, instead of you having to clip the dot, and the chaos wave would be a very large aoe burst. Chaos wave would be more situational, as in if you needed some quick burst, otherwise gul'dan would still be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    The multiple soul leech is basically how it is currently on live, but the affliction version and demo version to not compare to the destro version.

The glyph of embers would compensate mana loss if the chaos bolt change were to go through and you cast chaos bolt too quickly.

I believe even if you were to just add emberbit generation to immolate it would not fully compensate for losing out of RoF ember generation. On live, if your immolate tick crits you gain and emberbit and overall it just wouldn't be sufficient. This also makes incinerate always better to cast when you can rather than fel flame.

For Mannoroth's Fury, the intent is to basically keep it the same as live, with a slight damage increase. You would still get a 250% aoe fire and brimstone and destro aoe would still be very good. This would also make affliction aoe a lot better.

Archimonde's Darkness was made probably too strong, but I figure if you're losing out on mobility or higher aoe to have a higher ability to burst.

The chaos bolt change makes it a risky spell in pvp, allowing you to potentially have threatening chaos bolts at the cost of charging it up as long as you can. I don't think it would particularly be too OP in pve just because of how long the cast is and the penalty of having to cancel it early to move can really hurt (unless you had KJC).

The hand of gul'dan and chaos wave change basically don't differ much from live if you were to use them twice at a target. Your gul'dan will do as much as it would if it had 2 stacks, instead of you having to clip the dot, and the chaos wave would be a very large aoe burst. Chaos wave would be more situational, as in if you needed some quick burst, otherwise gul'dan would still be the way to go.
    Just realised the multiple Soul Leech "patch notes" were saying how much of the damage dealt was turned into an absorb, not the cap. This is why I shouldn't respond to forums at 3:00am. Lol. I read it as a 20% cap (the top note), then later on, a 25% cap for afflic, and a 15% cap for demo, hence my confusion on the matter. My mistake.

Glyph of Embers still seems like a wasted ember... Even with your proposed Chaos Bolt change, you're using an ember to cast the chaos bolt in the first place, and if you end up cutting it short and not gaining as much mana while casting it, if you didn't gain *enough*, you have to spend another ember (and GCD) to compensate... Would it not make sense to instead spend that ember on a 1-2 second chaos bolt to get more mana back WHILE dealing damage at the same time.

Maybe I really underestimate RoF ember generation then, if adding every tick of immolate giving an ember bit (and tick crit giving 2) isn't enough compensation... I really would have thought it would have been. By the same token, though, it's 1 GCD less spent on dropping RoF, every 6 seconds, which you can use on incinerate instead to gain an extra 1-2 emberbits (not counting your proposed change)... How many emberbits does RoF normally generate on a single target in it's entire duration (one single cast)?

I understand where you're coming from, but it just means that Mannoroth's Fury won't be as appealing of a talent to Destro in comparison to the other specs, over KJC or Archimonde's Darkness. It could be *somewhat* viable, but increasing RoF damage by 100% really isn't enough. The 250% increased radius is just a QoL thing, but the times that AoE mobs are spread out more than 10 yards apart aren't all that common, meaning it's not entirely necessary for AoE fights. Maybe if it were 200% for RoF, then 100% for the other 3 spells? I don't know. But in it's current form, it's just not as valuable of a talent to Destro. (Which I'm well aware is what Blizzard's current iteration of it looks like aswell).

After looking into it, Blizzard's current AD model allows for 5 DS's in a 7 min fight (compared to the normal rate of 3)... A 20sec CD reduction would come out to 4 DS's in 7 mins. I guess you could run with a 30 sec CD reduc, which would closely match Blizz's rate, but still can't throw in the extra potency or it just makes the talent too valuable.

The Chaos Bolt change is a nice QoL fix in PvP, with those much shorter casts (should you choose), however hitting for 110% more on a 5 second cast would cause QQ on the forums saying "I was 1shot by a destruction warlock! You need to nerf this! You guys nerfed Taste for Blood in 5.1 because it allowed people to 1shot me, now you guys do this!? FIX IT NOW!"... Plus in PvE, it would be too potent. I understand where you're coming from with the risk of cutting it short and casting a less potent chaos bolt due to movement, but that would potentially make KJC too much of an appealing talent all over again. It's a difficult thing to balance. But it would definitely be OP in PvE when lined up with all CDs. If you were able to stand still for 20 seconds, pop DS + all other CDs, and cast 4 back-to-back 5second Chaos Bolts, you would be bursting more than any other spec in the game currently can. It would just make Destro far too powerful, and end up being nerfed.

The HoG/CW changes I guess are somewhat warranted, but I just feel removing the charge from CW and only increasing damage by 50% actually decreases AoE burst potential, rather than enhancing it. Currently if you have 2 charges stored up you can use both of them for some quality AoE burst, but with the removal of charges, buffing it by 50% means you're not matching the same damage as you would've with the double charges. Would need to be a 100% damage increase. HoG would still prove more potent in a normal situation, so it wouldn't affect the rotation, but it would mean Demo burst AoE isn't nerfed in the process.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-07-23 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Maybe I really underestimate RoF ember generation then, if adding every tick of immolate giving an ember bit (and tick crit giving 2) isn't enough compensation... I really would have thought it would have been. By the same token, though, it's 1 GCD less spent on dropping RoF, every 6 seconds, which you can use on incinerate instead to gain an extra 1-2 emberbits (not counting your proposed change)... How many emberbits does RoF normally generate on a single target in it's entire duration (one single cast)?
    It will usually generate between 3 and 4 embers in one cast. Usually ends up being about 1/3 of our total ember generation.

On live, immolate is currently generating embers if it crits, so just making it always crit just quite isn't enough to compensate. It's a start, but nowhere near what we are at on live. That's why having incinerates ember generation doubled will make up for it, and make players want to cast incinerate more than fel flame (last I heard on current PTR, fel flame was looking like a viable cast for destro? Didn't get the chance to actually test that myself).

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    The Chaos Bolt change is a nice QoL fix in PvP, with those much shorter casts (should you choose), however hitting for 110% more on a 5 second cast would cause QQ on the forums saying "I was 1shot by a destruction warlock! You need to nerf this! You guys nerfed Taste for Blood in 5.1 because it allowed people to 1shot me, now you guys do this!? FIX IT NOW!"... Plus in PvE, it would be too potent. I understand where you're coming from with the risk of cutting it short and casting a less potent chaos bolt due to movement, but that would potentially make KJC too much of an appealing talent all over again. It's a difficult thing to balance. But it would definitely be OP in PvE when lined up with all CDs. If you were able to stand still for 20 seconds, pop DS + all other CDs, and cast 4 back-to-back 5second Chaos Bolts, you would be bursting more than any other spec in the game currently can. It would just make Destro far too powerful, and end up being nerfed.
    The numbers, of course, can be adjusted to a more probably level. The idea is if you're allowing a player to cast a full 5 second chaos bolt in pvp, then tough luck on being hit like a truck.

It would be powerful in pve, yes. But remember it still is a 5 second cast, so that is 5 seconds you're not doing anything to get a large bolt off, and if you don't have kjc and have to move midway through, you lost a bit of dps. Of course, like I said, numbers can be adjusted. I just believe the concept of the ability doing something like this would be a better implementation of what is on live currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will usually generate between 3 and 4 embers in one cast. Usually ends up being about 1/3 of our total ember generation.

On live, immolate is currently generating embers if it crits, so just making it always crit just quite isn't enough to compensate. It's a start, but nowhere near what we are at on live. That's why having incinerates ember generation doubled will make up for it, and make players want to cast incinerate more than fel flame (last I heard on current PTR, fel flame was looking like a viable cast for destro? Didn't get the chance to actually test that myself).

The numbers, of course, can be adjusted to a more probably level. The idea is if you're allowing a player to cast a full 5 second chaos bolt in pvp, then tough luck on being hit like a truck.

It would be powerful in pve, yes. But remember it still is a 5 second cast, so that is 5 seconds you're not doing anything to get a large bolt off, and if you don't have kjc and have to move midway through, you lost a bit of dps. Of course, like I said, numbers can be adjusted. I just believe the concept of the ability doing something like this would be a better implementation of what is on live currently.
    RoF generates 3-4 FULL embers in a single 6 second window? I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. Unless you just meant emberbits. I normally dump down like 3 RoF's on H Jinrohk before the first pool and only have 5 embers (one already spent, of course), and that's while I'm executing my proper rotation which generates embers too. I'm just going to assume you did mean emberbits and point out that RoF currently generates (let's just say 4) emberbits. One GCD spent every 6 seconds, 0.67 emberbits/second. Nerf RoF ember generation, put it into immolate ticks, with 1 emberbit/tick, 2 emberbits/tick crit. Immolate ticks around once every 2 seconds. (Iirc... At work so will need to check this once I get home). Assume arround 30% crit rate. 2 ticks and 1 tickcrit per 6 seconds. 4 emberbits. Plus the GCD that would normally be spent on RoF now spent on Incinerate. Another 1.3 emberbits (1 for hit, 2 for crit, 30% crit rate). Normally there would have been the 1 emberbit from immolate crit, so take that one out of the equation and you get ~4.333 emberbits per 6 seconds. Compensation for RoF ember generation, solved. I mean I wouldn't be complaining if they buffed Incinerate to generate double it's current amount of embers, it'd boost Destro's DPS and make it reasonably viable again, but at the bare minimum, putting the ember generation into immolate balances out the RoF nerf nicely. And let's face it, Blizz hate buffing warlocks.

Edit: but considering that this thread is about your own personal patch notes and what you would personally consider balanced, I guess I would have to say that boosting ember generation of incinerate would be a good idea.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-07-24 at 04:09 AM.

My patch notes might look like:

Demo:
    *Void ray now chains between targets similar to ele CL
    *Chaoswave always crits, scales dmg with crit, damage halved.
    *DA glyph also allows the lock to keep 75% of the DF when shifting forms.
    *Doom dispels refund the DF cost and generate an imp

Destro:
    *Ember generation buffed 30% for immolate, conflag, incinerate
    *Spellpower coef for immolate, conflag, incinerate buffed 15-20%, base values remain the same
    *Conflag's recharge reduced by haste
    *Chaosbolt instant at 3x backdraft stacks OR uninterruptable and mobile cast at 3x stacks of BD
    *Minor glyph of backdraft - your backdraft now grants 30% crit instead of haste (no interaction w' CB based on crit rate)

Affliction
    *MG, DL, and DS are now uninterruptable similar to hunter filler shots.
    *Glyph of CoEx is now a secondary effect of enfeeblement but is only a 50% snare
    *Whenever you are stunned or shadow locked out you generate a soulshard

General
    *PVP power scaling on absorbs and healing buffed to the same level as damage increase OR all percentage based heals now ignore battle fatigue
    *T16 4pc is 100% chance on conflag hit (if no conflag recharge haste scaling) or 100% chance on crit if conflag recharge scaling off haste.
    *Pets take 50% less damage from players
    *60% armor bonus from fel armor in lieu of 10% dmg redux, additional armor does not scale with DA/meta multiplier, does scale with pets.
    *Imp's HP increased to match succy and felhunter
    *Minor glyph of fel flame - trades the recent damage increase for dot renewal
    *Gateway is a 20 sec debuff on the lock who cast it, 60 sec for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zane has nicely explained most of the issues I have with the notes as well.

A quick note on the chaos bolt however, is that it will be super clunky since you wont be able to queue up a new chaos bolt while casting one. Aside from that, 5 sec bolt will be too much damage to handle in PvP, baddies will complain about it till it's nerfed to the ground.

Deleted
    I don't like the "choose your Chaos Bolt casting time" thing. It would be clunky to stop the cast, you would always either lose the last tick (too soon) or lose time after it (too late). Really not a fan of the idea.

*Ember generation buffed 30% for immolate, conflag, incinerate
    But how exactly would you do that ? With emberbits-bits ?

Deleted
    if you made the destro things scale with haste, would be great, as in, haste increases the amount of emberbits you get, and removed the + haste backdraft and made it crit instead. Destro dmg is sub par at high levels (250k as demo 190k as destro singletarget), and the buff is semi needed. although, destro would be insane at lower gearlevels if no proper scaling. chaos bolt dmg could be tweaked as wanted, huge fan of the chaos bolt idea though.

Deleted
    if you made the destro things scale with haste, would be great, as in, haste increases the amount of emberbits you get
    Well the "destro things" already scale with haste because the more haste you have, the more incinerates you cast and the more emberbits you generate... to a certain extent, since there are GCD issues with too much haste + backdraft

Meta gem procs effectively crop the haste scaling of destro early when combined with backdraft's effect. Changing backdraft (via a minor glyph) to get 30% crit instead would help with that and give a playstyle option. I'd rather treat conflag's recharge like the imp glyph/dark calling buff. Destro needs its ember spenders hitting harder than its ember generators and its ember generators need to go up quite a bit. Also think uber CB's just will not happen due to pvp constraints so it makes sense devs would buff ember generation back to close to what it was with RoF. That mark is about 30% for immolate, fel flame, incinerate, and conflag.

Right now destro falls behind other specs on its int/spellpower scaling, its secondary stat scaling (especially haste), and its aoe as long as F&B spells aren't included in MF. With only a couple sources for damage and some basic rules that sort of have to hold true devs are just going to have to turn it up bluntly. Still doesn't fix the pvp problem of big CB's being semi impossible to cast and having an artificially low subjective ceiling to how hard they can hit in pvp.

If blizz wants CB to feel special and worth it for the eternal cast then devs need to just accept it will do crazy damage to people. Capping it lower, especially doing so without making it more frequent or easier to use in pvp is the same as saying to a mage "okay every spell that hits for more than 100K will now lose the damage above that mark"...."oh and you don't get any compensation either in terms of frequency or ease of use". Yes, a numbers pass will happen eventually but destro is so awful and dysfunctional on the PTR you can't even get test data since nobody will take it anywhere.