Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    sounds like flex raiding is made for you, LFR too dull, normal too hard....need something in between? blizz will be catering for you in 5.4

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is nothing wrong with normal or even easy difficulty, i'm willing to bet the majority of wow player, from heroic raider to LFR casual would agree. it is ok to have difficulty level that fit all type of player, however

- some exclusivity (item, title, mount, even a freaking glow) for the player that attempt the hardest content. recoloring sets and up the stats is not enough, i see nothing wrong with looking at someone and saying, this guys is a heroic raider, badassery shining from his weapon and armor. For example, it took some dedication, several month to finally down the LK 25 HM, finally get the light of dawn title. Title should have been removed with cata as a gesture for player that give time and dedcation to reach it at level 70. Don't throw the "beautiful snowflake" arguments, in a virtual world where everyone looks the same, players find individuality and uniqueness where they can

- don't nerf content. If there are multiple difficulty level, why nerf content, it makes no sense. People practice on a lower difficulty then test their newly acquired skill at a higher difficult setting. If you nerf content, it just throw away any balance, you didn't give a chance to player to test their skill.

- sometimes games don't show you the true ending if you didn't complete it a certain level of difficulty. this should be the case in wow. At least two boss per tier should only accessible at normal difficulty, not LFR and at least one boss per tier only accessible at heroic difficulty.

- good risk/reward balance. don't give previous tier item for heroic dungeon currency (like in cata, i heard they modified inmop, i'll make the argument anyway). The reward should match the difficulty to obtain it. if you want dungeon to offer previous tier (or equivalent in ilevel) item, create a new diffculty level that justify this drop or purchase.

the idea is that the player should feel rewarded for his efforts. That will encourage him to continue his efforts (and stay subscribe). The player shold feel he is in a coherent world. In a coherent world, you don't wait for enemy to be nerfed in order to attack them. You practice.

do you think goku would wait for freeza to be nerfed to rush to fight? (that's the geeky reference of the day).
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-07-23 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sounds like flex raiding is made for you, LFR too dull, normal too hard....need something in between? blizz will be catering for you in 5.4
    Yup, that's the plan!

There needs to be a necessity to improve your game, it can't be optional because you know how guided human behaviour is when it comes to convenience.

So while you think offering multiple difficulties still retains that "necessity" in the harder modes, you're wrong.
    You've opened the option to everyone to settle for the easiest path.
    It's hard for many people to fight against convenience and laziness.

That's why LFR has less meaning, less accomplishment. I'm not saying you "can't" feel accomplishment but in LFR it'd feel more like the accomplishment of making a sandwich. It's not much and isn't the stuff that makes you want to keep playing especially when you don't feel compelled to continue improving (which is another problem of LFR and the rewards for harder modes).

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    "dedication" should be given to something worthy of of it. Not killing dragons, that should stay in the "yaaay I'm killing dragons and it's crazy fun" part. At least for me and people like me.
    This is the concept that many people on this forum fail to grasp. Those hours spent optimizing rotations that will change every couple of patches, researching fights that are going to be obsolete in three months, and looking for other fanboys who are willing to show the same "dedication" as you are better spent engaging in homework, household chores, and/or gainful employment. There is a line between diversion and job, and raiding is currently way too far on the wrong side of it. "Casual" players would rather dedicate their time and energy to working hard than to playing hard. That's not being lazy. In fact, by most people's definition it's called being productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    This is the concept that many people on this forum fail to grasp. Those hours spent optimizing rotations that will change every couple of patches, researching fights that are going to be obsolete in three months, and looking for other fanboys who are willing to show the same "dedication" as you are better spent engaging in homework, household chores, and/or gainful employment. There is a line between diversion and job, and raiding is currently way too far on the wrong side of it. "Casual" players would rather dedicate their time and energy to working hard than to playing hard. That's not being lazy. In fact, by most people's definition it's called being productive.
    Who says this? I know plenty of casual players who are online for 10 or more hours every single day doing things like pet battles, Tillers farm, farming materials, leveling alts, and running through LFR. Other players, like myself, log on for raid night and clear 13/13 heroic bosses in a single night and spend the rest of the week logging on casually. During progression raiding? No more than 16 hours per week was spent online attempting bosses. Also please note that I am a doctor and take care of sick people in the hospital 60 or more hours per week. Yet, I still find time to take care of my real life responsibilities. Your lines are nothing but dribble and worthless. Just because your perception of how hardcore raiding works doesn't mean that those who dedicate more time to raiding are, in some way, neglecting other responsibilities of their real lives. Get a clue.

Continuing on topic, I think it's been said countless times: if you find normal raiding too difficult and demanding, then it isn't for you. Your post does come across as complaining, however I will take you at your word when you say you're trying to be honest. Although, I must confess that most people do not really care why you play. You play because you play. Congratulations. Just like you do not care to see through the eyes of those who achieve differently than you, they probably do not care to do the same for you. You have a shoe and it fits. I'm not interested in trying it on.

13/13 H melee DPS here. I only have 30 keybinds. Keybinding is not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad players are easily being carried by people who take even LFR seriously because of how easy LFR is, when those players are gonna move to flex (because of higher item level, they wont need to run LFR after a couple of weeks) you whiny folk are gonna have a hard time in LFR...

When i still see hunters on top of the meters on Horridon with 99% dmg done to him my eyeballz start bleeding, those players are gonna get immediately kicked from the flex groups.
    Last edited by Boogar; 2013-07-23 at 06:00 PM.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

This is the kind of players your "Accessibility" breeds Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Who says this? I know plenty of casual players who are online for 10 or more hours every single day doing things like pet battles, Tillers farm, farming materials, leveling alts, and running through LFR.
    And those people could raid if they wanted to but they're happy with the other stuff the game has to offer. Personally, I can play Pokemon on my console or on my DS without having to pay $15 a month for it.

Other players, like myself, log on for raid night and clear 13/13 heroic bosses in a single night and spend the rest of the week logging on casually.
    But that didn't happen overnight, did it? No 13/13H guild picked you out at random and offered to carry you through 13/13H on a weekly basis out of the blue.

During progression raiding? No more than 16 hours per week was spent online attempting bosses.
    Please repeat that to yourself: 16 hours a week playing a game. That's a full class load in college. That's a substantial part-time job. I'm happy for you that you have that much time to waste playing games, but we don't all have that luxury.

Also please note that I am a doctor and take care of sick people in the hospital 60 or more hours per week. Yet, I still find time to take care of my real life responsibilities.
    There are 168 hours in a week. Assuming 7 hours of sleep per night, that leaves 119 hours. Take 60 for work and that leaves you with 59 hours. Generously add in a 30 minute commute to and from work each day and you're down to 55.5 hours. Throw in 1.5 hours a day for meals and now we're down to 45 hours. Take two hours a day to help your kids with their homework and/or just hang out and then it's down to 31 hours. Spend another two hours a day with your wife and that leaves you at 17 hours. Take 16 hours a week for raiding and that leaves one hour a week to do other things like playing other games, watching TV and/or watching the news. That's reasonable to you?

Your lines are nothing but dribble and worthless. Just because your perception of how hardcore raiding works doesn't mean that those who dedicate more time to raiding are, in some way, neglecting other responsibilities of their real lives. Get a clue.
    I hope it's not too late to save your marriage. You'll rethink whether my lines were drivel or not when you're visiting your divorce lawyer. Also my "perception" of how heroic raiding works comes from raiding all through Cataclysm on a low population server: My armory. I'm not pulling this "perception" out of my ass here.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-07-23 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    I mostly do PvE on my monk tank, I raid and do very well, I use 40+ keybindings, and I don't find it hard to use them I can them all by heart. Tracking dots is kinda easy these days, just get some addon like weak auras, or affdot (i think it's called that), it tracks both the dots and the power of the dots.

I know some people that really doesn't care about doing right rotation or do their best, and as a player who always try to do my best it's pretty annoying to see sometimes.

In the end I think it all just comes down to if the player cares about being good or not, all can perform well if they strive to learn their class and bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    PvE is a joke to master when it comes to keybinds. Try PvP where you have 40+ to use. If people cant figure out how to use like 8 for PvE then maybe they are playing the wrong game.

Also DBM pretty much plays the game for you so its not like its hard to use your laughable amount of abilities at the right times.
    ... You know nothing.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    ... You know nothing.

Now kiss.

I think you need to get a better UI. It is much easier to track buffs/debuffs with a giant bar on your screen. Also if you are having trouble with binds only use 1-5 then SHIFT+1-5. Click everything else. Most classes you can get by clicking your three minute cooldowns. As with anything though you are going to have to practice a little. Even if its one to two dungeons a day WoW has to be practiced. You have to get your muscles used to finding the keys on the keyboard. Its just like typing of playing the piano.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    This is the kind of players your "Accessibility" breeds Blizzard!
    A paying subscriber?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A paying subscriber?
    For a brief moment until other games call for his attention and money?
    If you think casuals can't set down an hour a day for a game, what makes you think they'll play WoW with all it's dead graphics and dated combat mechanics over the plethora of other great games?

"Ooo CoD and Skyrim are out! Guess I'll be unsubbed for two months!"

Inb4 "I buy every game and pay for things I don't use."