Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    I like that idea but it seems like you still have to spend quite a bit of time to get to that point.
    Not really, you do it any time at all during levelling when you feel like you're in no danger. Any level, at any point.

Single mobs laughably easy? Pull a second one and cleave them. Still a pushover? Add two more. You see how much you can comfortably take on at once, and then you increase it. Not only does it mean your killing speed increases dramatically, but it also gives you that little extra kick of "I may not actually survive this, better pull off some tricks and play on the edge rather than just repeating exactly the same move sequence fifty times in a row".

Do this in any game where you feel safe and unkillable in solo content. Keeps you from getting dulled. If you find yourself still plowing through eight mobs at once, great. Next time, pull twelve.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, questing never get challenging since everyone is supposed to be able to do it.

It's a bit sad to read many of these comments, almost like it's ok to play a boring game before getting to the "fun" stuff.
    I really hope something changes in the way we look at mmo's and that the developers can change this... otherwise i just don't see any future for me in them ^^

maybe i'm just getting tired of mmo's

when i played rift i liked to go for rifts as much as possible but often failed on timer's and such because of the lack of players... i think it had some great ideas to try and break the normal quest stuff, but failed to deliver an interesting solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Not really, you do it any time at all during levelling when you feel like you're in no danger. Any level, at any point.

Single mobs laughably easy? Pull a second one and cleave them. Still a pushover? Add two more. You see how much you can comfortably take on at once, and then you increase it. Not only does it mean your killing speed increases dramatically, but it also gives you that little extra kick of "I may not actually survive this, better pull off some tricks and play on the edge rather than just repeating exactly the same move sequence fifty times in a row".

Do this in any game where you feel safe and unkillable in solo content. Keeps you from getting dulled. If you find yourself still plowing through eight mobs at once, great. Next time, pull twelve.
    I read through most of this thread and thought it was just me. I'm levelling a pure dps class with no self healing, just for giggles.

Taking on 2 enemies +2 levels above is pretty difficult as it's a dps race. Add a third and 30% of the time, I'm dead before the 3rd enemy dies.

Yes, I know I could re-spec but then it becomes too easy, so even though my repair bills would be a lot less, I still prefer how I play

Deleted
    As soon as you step from Mathosia to Brevane, try pulling 5 mobs please

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    I've done 4 and it was rough but doable...5 would be taxing, but still maybe possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I've done 4 and it was rough but doable...5 would be taxing, but still maybe possible.
    And killing them took only 3 minutes or you played a dumb pet class

In leveling green blues you do so incredibly low dmg at the beginning of SL that questing is simply a pain

Nightblade/Riftstalker rogue. It was kinda slow at first but as soon as I picked up some SL greens I was back to reasonable speed. I usually aim for 3 mob pulls now, 4 can still be dicey and 5 would be taking a big chance.

In leveling green blues you do so incredibly low dmg at the beginning of SL that questing is simply a pain
    If it's that slow for you, you need to get a better spec. My Rogue used three different specs when he first got to SL, all which worked well. Tact/MM/RS, Rng/MM, NB/RS. Granted, he was raid geared and not in quest greens/blues, so he had it easy I guess. My Mage however just got three, and all she was in was quest greens/blues with some crafted gear. Just the basic stuff, nothing fancy. She easily pulled 5 and downed them in much less than 3 minutes, immediately upon arriving in SL. She uses Harbinger spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying that doing so would be... challenging?

=D

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Are you saying that doing so would be... challenging?

=D
    I'm not sure if challenging would be the right word but you wouldn't last long :P

Deleted
    Try to pull 5 mobs in 50-60 zone as dps and see what happens I'm almost full epic with my rogue and I can't take many mobs at the same time since I am really weak

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Try to pull 5 mobs in 50-60 zone as dps and see what happens I'm almost full epic with my rogue and I can't take many mobs at the same time since I am really weak
    I do it ALL the time, both on my Rogue and my Mage.

Define DPS. My rogue is currently lvl 52 in greens and blues, with 41 nightblade, 23 riftstalker(and 4 tact for good measure). Nightblade is a DPS spec, so I am more DPS than anything. Even most of my Riftstalker talents and abilities I use are DPS related-Unseen Fury, Planar Boost, Stalker Phase, Ruthless Stalker, Shadow Assault, and Rift Barrier...only Phantom Blow, Boosted Recovery, Rift Guard, Planebound Resilience, Rift Disturbance and the 2 in Great Fortitude really assist in survivability. And being primarily DPS I can take up to 4(assuming they're my level or lower). Haven't tried 5 but I should be able to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I do it ALL the time, both on my Rogue and my Mage.
    Depends on your class build and gear. On my cleric, my build that worked great pre 50 was sucking hard in Storm Legion and pulling even a little extra was getting me killed. So much that I did some research and got a different build and then everything was fine.

61Harb 11 chloro builds do competitive DPS and can pull packs of elites in crater easily. 5 normal mobs aren't a real challenge. But granted, that's essentially a support build that just happens to be doing good damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, after walking into Cape Jule as a fresh 50 for the first time this week, I can say:

Champ warriors with 4 in Warlord are still hilariously overpowered for AoE grinding, especially after spending about 20plat kitting myself out fully in Storm Legion starting gear =D

5 mobs? Noooo problem.