Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Loved BC heroics.

Loved the challenge.

Loved having to use my cc/kitting skills.

Loved the progression even though not all would reach end content. You had to complete normal dungeons, then try and do heroics, then Kara, then 25 raids...progression was challenging and meaningful.

It's alright if not everybody gets to see end content. It's motivating to have to work hard to achieve something. Who played Super Mario Bros (or insert whatever other popular game)? How many made it to the final stage? Did that keep developpers from working on harder levels that a minority would see?

I like this new and original concept.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaunther View Post
    Loved BC heroics.

Loved the challenge.

Loved having to use my cc/kitting skills.

Loved the progression even though not all would reach end content. You had to complete normal dungeons, then try and do heroics, then Kara, then 25 raids...progression was challenging and meaningful.

It's alright if not everybody gets to see end content. It's motivating to have to work hard to achieve something. Who played Super Mario Bros (or insert whatever other popular game)? How many made it to the final stage? Did that keep developpers from working on harder levels that a minority would see?
    I agree with you 100%. I have been playing since right before BC came out, and I have to say from a "casual perspective" meaning i am not a dedicated raider, I loved the BC setup. I liked not having the Q system and had to spam for a heroic dungeon. Somtimes annoying on my fury warrior since I didnt have a lot of cc, but once you got a good group, added them, you could keep running with the same people as long as you were good. I don't mind this new system, but I feel like LFR has forced us (non-raiders) into it, since it IS so simple and offers rewards greater than that of Heroic Dungeons.

Heroic Dungeons from BC offered decent gear, especially from MGT when it came out. I know it didn't compare with the raid gear, but you could still pull your weight if you needed to help out in a raid. I felt like I accomplished something, where as now my shadow priest is i lvl 525 which is more than normal raid mode TOT, and all I did was faceroll a bunch of LFRs without setting foot into dungeons. Senario loot is weak, and looks like junk.

i would like the challenge back of BC heorics, and the loot which came with it

MAYBE, make some badass dungeons, which are very hard, (requires cc, enrage timers ext..) for those who enjoy dungeons, with the last boss maybe dropping something equivalent to LFR/Normal (in between i lvls) that not the avg Joe can go faceroll. Not use the Q system for it, needs to be premade. Have that loot look awesome (can you say Naxx 40 loot?) that would at least get some people in there for the mong reasons and no forth, and bring back some of that (team effort) that was required back in BC. I didnt mind wiping, and I didnt mind not raiding....but now I feel like since LFR is there, I HAVE to do it, because I know I can see it all since LFR is so simple....

I miss the BC says. And the questing was fun too. Maybe because I hadn't been playing for 7 years at that point

Durka

Deleted
    You could compare SH HC to challenge modes with the similarity of the need to complete the instance before the timer for attunements. That was considerably harder than any challenge mode.

Deleted
    May I remind you, that you could faceroll bc heroics too? In decent T4 gear you didn't Need CD at all.
    I did it myself as a tank paladin, and as a ret with druid or warrior tanks. Sure, you had to watch your aggro while aoeing trash with a warrior tank, but thats it.

If you talk about the pre nerfs heroics: They indeed were hard for fresh 70 players with blues and greens. But you don't know what they would have looked like with full T5/T6 gear - cause thats what you should compare doing Mop HCs in full tot(hc) gear.

I remember doing heroics in TBC, and as someone who went up to Felmyst before the nerfs and qutting I can safely tell you I fucking hated those heroics. I just wanted my god damn badges. It's nothing more than nostalgia for the things people miss half of the time. There's so much in the game people 'hate' currently that we would have loved to have back then, too. Yet people want to take some of those things away. I've been there, and maybe it's just me, but I don't want to turn back time. There is no reason they have to be difficult and challenging, and if you want that there is challenge modes. And I don't think it's possible to say 'challenge modes aren't as difficult as TBC heroics' since the game has changed so much, on top of the fact that so much is in the game now that what we didn't have and have now, especially GEAR, made those heroics so much more difficult than they really were.

The best thing these heroics gave was a good server community. I have made so many friends running these, just because they were hard you needed a good group. CC wasn't even that big of a deal as long as you had a solid group that knew what to do, even with me as a lock (only CC back then really was fear/curse juggle that worked on most mobs as i didnt liked to play with succy, and ofc i had banish for some other mobs) and one other CC class almost everything was doable with a 3rd class that couldnt cc. TBC heroics did have you on the edge of your seat though, esp at the start of the XP, this is something i do miss now, and challenge mode does forfill this for a bit, but i have to say that after we were done with silver some of our grp didnt really want to go back for gold since there is no other incentive then either a set you like or dislike, and if you dislike it and your not into achies there is just no reason to run them sadly.

Lots of RNG in TBC Heroics though. Tank gets charged followed immediately by an uppercut by the Felguard demons in SL? That's a wipe.