Thread: UVLS Drop Rate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're sitting around 13 Heroic Lei shen kills now and have yet to see or coin one. In fact it was only ~3 weeks ago we saw our first caster trinkets of the tier (normal or heroic!), so don't feel too bad

10+ Year Old Account
    UVLS and Breath are both myths. The only silver lining for those who are still waiting on a heroic UVLS is that it probably won't hold its uber BIS status in 5.4 given the RPPM changes.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    yeah, we've seen 1 breath drop, which went to our mage who played frost at the time, changed it out when he changed to fire which is kinda annoying, we've had 4-5 cha-yes tho, so all our casters got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    11 Lei Shen kills plus LFR kills - I've got one LFR UVLS in that time, and that's using a coin on every kill. I'm past caring now, especially as it's being nerfed in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm still using the normal mode Terrace staff... Horridon's dropped the week I wasn't there of course. Nothing has dropped since.
    I've seen a 528ilvl lock still rocking that staff, despite having well over a dozen Lei Shen kills. Seriously, that some EXTREMELY shitty luck.

And on to topic, I'm at the point where I'm hoping the UVLS gets nerfed because I would hate to continue running ToT in 5.4 just for that trinket. Already annoying enough having to keep running the final three bosses in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    And on to topic, I'm at the point where I'm hoping the UVLS gets nerfed because I would hate to continue running ToT in 5.4 just for that trinket. Already annoying enough having to keep running the final three bosses in LFR.
    It's being implicitly nerfed with the announced 5.4 changes to RPPM. Also, the nerf to Imp Swarm and removal of Everlasting Affliction is enough to pull Demo's head back out of the clouds.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i am correct, I understand that coin rolls (and LFR rolls) work as follows: A system makes an invisible roll for you, and if that roll is over 85 (again, this is just from word-of-mouth), you get AN ITEM from that boss for your specialization. Now if that is the case, I don't believe drop rates are taken into account, but that it randomly tosses you one of the three items (in Lei Shen's case for Warlocks). Basically, you have a 33% chance of getting the trinket should loot come from your coin (or LFR loot).

However, I can also sympathize with you, as for 5 weeks i have coined Lei Shen in LFR (I haven't been able to get into normal Lei Shens yet), and seen two held-in-offhands and one pant, followed by the rest as gold. It's really sad that they leave the most crucial item for demo to the hardest puggable boss.

On the note of UVLS, I'd like to ask how the proc rate is for a fully upgraded LFR version, as I see myself getting merely that one throughout the rest of my time in this patch. I've heard it is disastrous, but some numbers would be interesting.

I am increasingly tempted to upgrade my LFR trinket. For someone farming heroic Lei Shen for a while now, it's getting pretty sad.

I know for my lock (here), she's simmed at 134k dps right now. If I get a 2/2 LFR UVLS and replace the VP trinket, leaving the rest of the gear the same and using the UVLS APL, she goes up to 147k dps simmed.

Now I'm not sure how reliable simc is for the UVLS / Non-UVLS APLs, but a 14k dps increase by going *down* 20 ilvl on a trinket is pretty damn good imo.

The proc rate's around 80% of what a 528 UVLS is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    I am increasingly tempted to upgrade my LFR trinket. For someone farming heroic Lei Shen for a while now, it's getting pretty sad.
    You should, as it increases proc chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    You should, as it increases proc chance.
    I've been upgrading my heroic drops first, as I'm still somewhat behind on gear (most everyone has everything upgraded by now, I've still got 2-3 pieces).