Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    A long time ago wow was the game where everything you had was earned by your character's hard work.
    Now you can earn yourself mounts, pets, visual effects, achievements and whatever else they sell in blizzstore, without even logging into the game.

    It's not like I'm complaining. RMAH in d3 for example allows you to buy gear with real life money. You can get top gear without ever killing any monsters.
    So it's still not that bad in wow.

    I just don't understand it. Maybe I'm getting too old.
    I'm not asking for much. I just want to play in fair environment where players actually earn things, not buy them.

    Not to be nasty, but how in anyways shape or form does someone else purchasing something take away your achievement?
    If anything, it should heighten it through "Well, I managed to get this through skill/talent/ability to stand long hours of grinding and you had to take a shortcut" should wel mean that your personal feeling might well be higher because you earned it, and they didn't?

    Or is it that people just don't want someone to have something because they want to feel part of a special club? Not trying to be nasty, but achievements and whatnot are entirely individual, especially in something like WoW.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Looked through most of this, but didn't see what I'm about to post unless I'm blind.

    If they were to use coins for the store (and it's the same coins obtainable in Hearthstone) then I could see them expanding it to all games. It could be something like you spend the following:

    $1 - 100 coins
    $5 - 500 coins
    $10 - 1000 coins
    $15 - 1500 coins

    Within the game you get a "monthly" cap within WoW of 1500 coins. Since you are paying $15 a month you would have the potential of earning $15 worth of "credit". Now granted for those who pay less will get a bonus as they aren't paying $15. Something like this similar I could see going in and wouldn't bother me at all. You wouldn't be able to buy all the items from the store at once, but still have the chance so you won't be seeing everything at once.
    Someone is awake !

    Of course it would be foolish NOT to "earn" coins in these Blizzard games as well.

    Win a SC2 tournament ? X coins. Win 100 battles in HS against an opponent ? X coins.

    They already said they would sell lots of battle maps of HS and new HS heroes through the Blizzard shop.

    So it is up to Blizzard to combine play mechanics and games really.

    it is better than my initial thought of having X free HS packs for an active WOW subscription.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 03:27 PM.

  3. #163
    A good idea, but since I am sure blizzard have no intention of completely abandoning the model where people will pay cash then it might only be selected items which appear on that store, or the coin requirements would be high enough to not make them trivial to obtain.
    Certainly if it is realistic to earn an item say once a month, or every few months even through not excessive amounts of play then I would be happy with that sort of option.
    Really mirroring how some other games, particularly MOBA's work by unlocking champions via in-game means, or quicker by paying cash.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep, just like the CRZ. People have no clue and they are impatient.
    To be honest, CRZ (as currently implemented, and not to be confused with cross-realm grouping, which is related but separate) is piss-poor, and doesn't fulfill the goal of it. On the other hand, Virtual Realms (which requires the CRZ framework) should be a good thing; CRZ should never have been released on its own - CRG should have been released (as it was; with the CRZ framework implemented, but not turned on), and then VR enabled when it was ready.

    As for the game store, it doesn't bother me in any way, shape, or form, I just find it ironic that you bash all other game stores, and then praise this (even though you're basing everything off a couple of datamined strings).

    Actually, ironic isn't the right word, because we all know you're extremely biased. But it amused me none the less
    Last edited by rhandric; 2013-07-25 at 03:36 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  5. #165
    Time Effort to gain 10 coins in WoW\HS\WTV -> Weeks!
    Coin Shop Price Range -> 1000-5000
    Coin Real Money Price -> 10$ per 500!
    (pure speculation... but you get the idea i'd hope)

    So yea, you can gain low\slow\insignificant amount of coins through play, that for any goodie you'll still have to pop real money. They just created a personal currency item (like RPs in LoL or other games) instead of the 'not that awesome' Blizzard Balance. They just went full cash shop within the brand.. which is smart, but they're not being 'good' to the customers, they're just capitalizing on the fanbase...

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    To be honest, CRZ (as currently implemented, and not to be confused with cross-realm grouping, which is related but separate) is piss-poor, and doesn't fulfill the goal of it. On the other hand, Virtual Realms (which requires the CRZ framework) should be a good thing; CRZ should never have been released on its own - CRG should have been released (as it was; with the CRZ framework implemented, but not turned on), and then VR enabled when it was ready.

    As for the game store, it doesn't bother me in any way, shape, or form, I just find it ironic that you bash all other game stores, and then praise this (even though you're basing everything off a couple of datamined strings).
    I think regarding CRZ, and to be fair to Blizzard, they are simply guilty of wanting to please their fanbase too much. I have always noticed Blizzard comes across as a "Oh wow this idea is great, let's introduce it!" and they seem to have an endless faith in their customers to not bitch/whine/be ingrates, even though time and time again it has been proved the opposite.
    I just think they announced/introduced it because they were so proud of it, and wanted to see if people would like it too, rather than think it through fully. Also, I wouldn't say it was piss poor, it just didn't hit all the spots people thought it would. It's basic goal of getting more people to see other players/increase world pvp was a success, so in that argument, it worked fine.

  7. #167
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    943
    This will shut up the whole anti-store crowd now that you can earn them playing games.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    This will shut up the whole anti-store crowd now that you can earn them playing games.
    Again, there is no information confirming that.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Time Effort to gain 10 coins in WoW\HS\WTV -> Weeks!
    Coin Shop Price Range -> 1000-5000
    Coin Real Money Price -> 10$ per 500!
    (pure speculation... but you get the idea i'd hope)

    So yea, you can gain low\slow\insignificant amount of coins through play, that for any goodie you'll still have to pop real money. They just created a personal currency item (like RPs in LoL or other games) instead of the 'not that awesome' Blizzard Balance. They just went full cash shop within the brand.. which is smart, but they're not being 'good' to the customers, they're just capitalizing on the fanbase...

    As long as you know the coins system will not touch upon the subscription based WoW and its competitive gear.

    Blizzard confirmed this again a few days ago in Korea.

    The system is there to support real free to play games like Hearthstone, not to replace the subscription of WoW.

    But the goal is to promote combination play of Blzzard games of course. So the B Coins help to unite the playing of Blizzard games.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 03:43 PM.

  10. #170
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    This thread just proves to me that people just hear what they want to hear, even when the OP is so retardedly wrong.
    They also insist on opinions formed from initial datamining even when new information emerges. Oh well..we do not get a share of the success, so we don't get a part in any monetary failures.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think regarding CRZ, and to be fair to Blizzard, they are simply guilty of wanting to please their fanbase too much. I have always noticed Blizzard comes across as a "Oh wow this idea is great, let's introduce it!" and they seem to have an endless faith in their customers to not bitch/whine/be ingrates, even though time and time again it has been proved the opposite.
    I just think they announced/introduced it because they were so proud of it, and wanted to see if people would like it too, rather than think it through fully. Also, I wouldn't say it was piss poor, it just didn't hit all the spots people thought it would. It's basic goal of getting more people to see other players/increase world pvp was a success, so in that argument, it worked fine.
    Well, the problem with CRZ is that every single system of WoW (with a few exceptions, like named quest mobs and now the rares on IoT) conflict with the goals of CRZ. Which, you're right, CRZ isn't at fault there, it's the rest of the systems.

    There's also an issue of lack of personal responsibility in CRZ, which already exists in LFx - who cares if you troll someone, chances are you'll never see them again. Which leads to certain behavior that pisses off other players. Sure, that's a community issue, but when certain groups of the community aren't used to experiencing such behavior (such as smaller servers merging with larger servers where that behavior thrives), it strikes a chord.

    And ultimately, CRZ doesn't fix the problems that plague smaller servers - not enough players to do things with (or to be more restrictive in who you take to raids, etc). VR will (theoretically) solve that problem, though only time will tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    But the goal is to promote combo play of Blzzard games of course.
    Even tho you have no proof that this is going to happen it sounds exactly like Sony Station Cash. A less threateningly named currency like Dollar or Pound. I am sure it has been mentioned but there will be no way in hell they will let you earn a currency in a free to play game that can be used to buy items that normally have a real money value. Play some deck building game for nothing to buy a $25 mount in wow is pure hogwash.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Well, the problem with CRZ is that every single system of WoW (with a few exceptions, like named quest mobs and now the rares on IoT) conflict with the goals of CRZ. Which, you're right, CRZ isn't at fault there, it's the rest of the systems.

    There's also an issue of lack of personal responsibility in CRZ, which already exists in LFx - who cares if you troll someone, chances are you'll never see them again. Which leads to certain behavior that pisses off other players. Sure, that's a community issue, but when certain groups of the community aren't used to experiencing such behavior (such as smaller servers merging with larger servers where that behavior thrives), it strikes a chord.

    And ultimately, CRZ doesn't fix the problems that plague smaller servers - not enough players to do things with (or to be more restrictive in who you take to raids, etc). VR will (theoretically) solve that problem, though only time will tell.
    I concur, don't worry I think it was too little too soon in regards to CRZ. They were so excited by it, they just put it in hoping it would make players happy before they get the full tech of VR inplemented. Also, CRZ is what, nearly a year old now? It is highly likely it was nothing more than a stop-gap until the full-fledged VR can come in. Personally, it never bothered me, and doubt it ever will

    Either way though, bit of a sideline of the original topic I am just waiting to see how this all plays out, Blizzard are anything but stupid, you don't get to have the worlds biggest MMO for 8 years by being stupid.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    The store is just that.. A store. You can still buy the items with real life money and I guarentee you their main goal was to milk more from the consumer.
    You mean *SHOCK* they made items for a store in order them to sell?!

    Well it's official, my mind is fucking blown by this revelation!

    Quick question though, if I want to buy something because I like it, am I being milked? You know keeping in mind that what I like you might not, and what you like doesn't really bother me in the slightest....

    So just so I know for the future, if I buy something I like, for a price I'm willing to pay and someone else doesn't like it, it's being milked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    And before you say something stupid like "it's a business they are supposed to want to make money", remember it is NOT OKAY for ANY business to do WHATEVER it takes just to make money.
    Are impoverished children in India working in shocking conditions to provide you with cheap pets? Did blizzard poison a lake with industrial waste to get the glowing effects on the helms? Are baby seals clubbed to death just so we can enjoy another mount?

    From the way you've worded this hyperbole you'd think they'd taken your family hostage until they see your toon with something from the store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Stop letting people rob you and smiling about it.
    Have people really lost the ability to choose that badly?

    Have we reached the level of stupid around "the store" where the mere option to get something is considered robbery?
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  15. #175
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,097
    I really hate when they do a 'points' system like this. It just needlessly complicates things.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I concur, don't worry I think it was too little too soon in regards to CRZ. They were so excited by it, they just put it in hoping it would make players happy before they get the full tech of VR inplemented. Also, CRZ is what, nearly a year old now? It is highly likely it was nothing more than a stop-gap until the full-fledged VR can come in. Personally, it never bothered me, and doubt it ever will

    Either way though, bit of a sideline of the original topic I am just waiting to see how this all plays out, Blizzard are anything but stupid, you don't get to have the worlds biggest MMO for 8 years by being stupid.
    Personally I think they should've just stuck with cross-realm grouping until they had VR ready, but I don't think they expected the results, despite having 8 years of experience with the community

    And, while they do have 8 years of experience being the worlds biggest MMO, they're in a strange position where they're trying to stick to their roots in some regards, while trying to keep with the times in other regards. Whether they can pull it off, or whether it works the way they expect, only time will tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Well, the problem with CRZ is that every single system of WoW (with a few exceptions, like named quest mobs and now the rares on IoT) conflict with the goals of CRZ. Which, you're right, CRZ isn't at fault there, it's the rest of the systems.

    There's also an issue of lack of personal responsibility in CRZ, which already exists in LFx - who cares if you troll someone, chances are you'll never see them again. Which leads to certain behavior that pisses off other players. Sure, that's a community issue, but when certain groups of the community aren't used to experiencing such behavior (such as smaller servers merging with larger servers where that behavior thrives), it strikes a chord.

    And ultimately, CRZ doesn't fix the problems that plague smaller servers - not enough players to do things with (or to be more restrictive in who you take to raids, etc). VR will (theoretically) solve that problem, though only time will tell.
    As I said: impatient and never looking at the larger picture.

    CRZ is a master piece in technical achievement. You know it , I know it and what happens ? People stumble over peanuts.

    whaaam, I can not find my ore, Cry cry cry.

    The same happened to seamless phasing, years of endless moaning.

    But anno 2013 WoW has now seamless farming in the open world tx to this technique, WoW has pet battles, WoW has seamless cross server game play etc... Thanks.

    I could go on: the cross realm BG's, the new LFG tool.

    All whining for months, but when a NEW MMORPG came out that didn't have cross server dungeons, the world was not huge enough to complain in that world...

    Biased? Call me a realist. I know a technique when I see it and I know a short cut when I read about it.

  18. #178
    For those looking to make coins by playing WoW, hopefully they will make these coins transferable within WoW so that you can essentially trade with other players for them the same way you would trade other players for game time codes. Perhaps there will eventually be options to list items on the AH for these coins.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    The stars may be far away, but people still reach for them. -My Grandfather
    Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick

  19. #179
    Well since Blizzard just proved a couple days ago again how freaking retarded they can be just go ahead with all that crap.

  20. #180
    Heck, if you can earn it in game, cross game, they will likely put a soft-cap on it just like valor points in wow. Can only earn 100 coins on your account a week, need 1500 to buy a pet (100 coins is $1 or something like that); special conditions or milestones should not affect this cap. It should not be able to be bought, and just be a secondary currency, being something like a bonus. It should be 'in addition to' the blizzard balance, rather than replacing it.

    If you cannot earn them in game, well why implement a new currency system when the blizzard balance accomplishes the same exact thing? Because coins sound cooler?

    Edit: Math

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •