Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Two of my friends are dead since I graduated high school because they got in a car with a drunk driver, so I'm a bit jaded on this one.

Advice: he should get a lawyer.

anyone and i mean anyone what drives after a drink should have their licence taken from them and have a fine and community hours added.

you are putting lives at risk PERIOD and if you think it is fine then you are a idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ukxenon View Post
    anyone and i mean anyone what drives after a drink should have their licence taken from them and have a fine and community hours added.

you are putting lives at risk PERIOD and if you think it is fine then you are a idiot.
    Then people who eat, smoke, drink, talk should also be arrested for driving impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Then people who eat, smoke, drink, talk should also be arrested for driving impaired.
    i'm not sure how this makes any sense

Dont know what he can do, but 3 beers and 0.9, that sounds quite fishy. If i am driving, 4 beers / 2-3h is like a limit for me, because i know thats well under 0.5 ( which is the allowed number here), so rly strange that he got 0.9 out of only 3 beers.

But anyway, maybe he can complain saying he wasnt drunk since he passed the test, but he blew so high because he finished his beer like 5min before he got stopped.

You and similar to you in this topic should get off your high morale horse and drop the bs about how 1 drink (beer, glass of vine etc) leads to some insane lost of control and increases the chance of car crash, because it doesnt and its all propaganda bs from police and similar.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2013-07-25 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    smoking will not cause me to drive like a moron and kill someone
    eating causes you to be tired but your not impaired as with drink
    drinking under alcohol gives you a false sense of security and slows reaction times down it can kill period

I too live in the great state of Georgia (unfortunately), he won't be let off easily and will receive the maximum punishment unless he hires a good lawyer. That's just how it is. Granted all the cops here are complete dicks and my dislike for them is great, I do believe drunken drivers should be taken off of the roads

You and similar to you in this topic should get off your high morale horse and drop the bs about how 1 drink (beer, glass of vine etc) leads to some insane lost of control and increases the chance of car crash, because it doesnt and its all propaganda bs from police and similar.
    each and every person reacts differently to alcohol so yes one beer or one glass of wine can effect you and by the sounds of it you are trying to justify driving after a drink.

Here in the UK in swinton south yorkshire a 5 year old girl was run over by a man what had 2 pints of lager he later admitted he did not see the girl walking over the zebra crossing, he got a 3 year ban and 12 month in prison......i am sorry anyone what drinks does not know if on that day you may react different and you are not only putting your life at risk but others and to do it is just irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by princymelba View Post
    What do you guys think about it??
    I think your friend is irresponsible and should lose his license for a year or so. Unfortunately, most states go pretty gentle on "first time" offenders (even though they're really just first time being caughters), so he'll probably just have to shell out a bunch of money.

Deleted
    Your friend has broken the law, i don't see the problem here..

each and every person reacts differently to alcohol so yes one beer or one glass of wine can effect you and by the sounds of it you are trying to justify driving after a drink.

Here in the UK in swinton south yorkshire a 5 year old girl was run over by a man what had 2 pints of lager he later admitted he did not see the girl walking over the zebra crossing, he got a 3 year ban and 12 month in prison......i am sorry anyone what drinks does not know if on that day you may react different and you are not only putting your life at risk but others and to do it is just irresponsible.
    I dont want to justify drinking and driving, i am saying that when ever someone is involved in a car crash/accident and has been drinking, its the "drink" thats the problem. And noone can say for 100% sure that the same person wouldnt act the same even if he wasnt under the effect of that 1 beer. Just because you got 0,2 in your blood, it doesnt mean you wouldnt reach to change radio channel and lose focus, or that you woudnt peak at the hot girl on the street etc. if you had 0,00. So again my point is, yes there are ppl that when drunk drive like retards and should be shot down, but most ppl drive careful, even more then when not under influence, because they know if they get into a car crash they will get stamped as you did it because you were drinking, which is not true in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    I dont want to justify drinking and driving, i am saying that when ever someone is involved in a car crash/accident and has been drinking, its the "drink" thats the problem. And noone can say for 100% sure that the same person wouldnt act the same even if he wasnt under the effect of that 1 beer. Just because you got 0,2 in your blood, it doesnt mean you wouldnt reach to change radio channel and lose focus, or that you woudnt peak at the hot girl on the street etc. if you had 0,00. So again my point is, yes there are ppl that when drunk drive like retards and should be shot down, but most ppl drive careful, even more then when not under influence, because they know if they get into a car crash they will get stamped as you did it because you were drinking, which is not true in many cases.
    I'm left with no idea what your point is. If someone elevates their risk of an accident tenfold, then gets in an accident, do you think they shouldn't be held liable for their actions? People are bad enough at driving without being intoxicated, the last thing we need to do is give anyone an excuse to have a couple drinks first.

First thing first .... when you open that first beer or bottle of wine you should already have planned how to get home w/o driving yourself..... we all know how hard the law hits on DUI ... so just dont.

next im not sure how it works in the US but getting prof help is expensive but ... in a matter like this i dont think you have a optiion.

Also :*First Time Offender* just means he did not get stopped before .... could be it was his 50th drunk driving trip ...

unless the prosecutor has a hardon to rack up numbers your friend will most likely not see time, just a lot of money and either lose license or have a breathalyzer on his ignition (quite expensive btw). and well deserved imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm left with no idea what your point is. If someone elevates their risk of an accident tenfold, then gets in an accident, do you think they shouldn't be held liable for their actions? People are bad enough at driving without being intoxicated, the last thing we need to do is give anyone an excuse to have a couple drinks first.
    Mypoint is, that alcohol is not always to blame for loss of focus while driving, but ppl tend to always scream "he did it because he was drunk". Its same as saying most women are bad drivers, so why dont we scream when ever there is a women involved in a car crash that its her fault, without first going into the facts of what caused it.

Mypoint is, that alcohol is not always to blame for loss of focus while driving, but ppl tend to always scream "he did it because he was drunk".
    This seems like it's not really a point at all then. Even at low blood alcohol, risk is substantially elevated:

At BACs in the 0.05-0.09 percent range, the likelihood of a crash was at least nine times greater than at zero BAC for all age groups.
    Other papers show an exponential increase after that point. At 0.2, you're looking at something like 100 times elevated risk relative to driving sober. So, why the fuck are you defending drunk driving?

Its same as saying most women are bad drivers, so why dont we scream when ever there is a women involved in a car crash that its her fault, without first going into the facts of what caused it.
    If by "the same", you mean "bears absolutely zero resemblance to misogynistic stereotyping fuckwittery", I concur.

15+ Year Old Account
    My friends sister got a DUI last year, it was also her first offense. She had no prior violations except a parking ticket. In the end she spent around 15,000 dollars and lost her car, and Im pretty sure she also spent some time in jail. Good luck to ur friend. Btw we live in New York.

Georgia.. where did your friend got a car in georgia?
    Don't they ride mules or llamas or something like that there?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This seems like it's not really a point at all then. Even at low blood alcohol, risk is substantially elevated:

Other papers show an exponential increase after that point. At 0.2, you're looking at something like 100 times elevated risk relative to driving sober. So, why the fuck are you defending drunk driving?

If by "the same", you mean "bears absolutely zero resemblance to misogynistic stereotyping fuckwittery", I concur.
    And you are making your point with a paper from 1991, that not to mention estimates the numbers from where, noone knows, and from how big study group, again noone knows. So ye, sry if i dont take most of those papers that release statistics based on some imaginary number seriuously. Most of articles that get released are made to prove the point of the person who is releasing it, so dont always trust them, just a tip.