Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    I've had the PC for 3 years now, why would it start playing up now?
    The same reason a person croaks after getting too old. Once you reach a certain age, you either begin to have health problems, or you just flat out die of old age. Computer hardware is the same way. Sometimes, it'll just croak on you. Others, it'll die a slow, painful, agonizing death. Now, i'm not saying that's whats happening with your GPU, but what i am saying is that just because something works for a period of time, doesn't mean it'll keep working. Otherwise things would last for ever, including a persons life :P.

I seem to have fixed it. I removed the GX and put it back in, might poss have been a loose connection .
    Thanks for the help though guys
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Will plugging it into the TV work? Using the same cable i use from monitor to PC.

Things I'd try.

Try Furmark to stress the graphics card.

Try Prime95 to stress the CPU.

Try Memtest86+ to stress the RAM (that can't be run inside Windows, have a blank CD or USB stick ready).

If all seem OK, and don't break the machine on their own, try running Prime95 and Furmark together. That will use the PSU to the max.

My first thought is the graphics card is playing up (and it is summer, so things can run much hotter than normal). Could be practically anything. I've seen a machine with mild overclocking blue-screen on a once a week basis. Turning off the overclock fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    I seem to have fixed it. I removed the GX and put it back in, might poss have been a loose connection .
    Thanks for the help though guys
    Glad you're gtg. I'm a bit surprised it was a re-setting of the GPU that fixed it but w/e works.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Glad you're gtg. I'm a bit surprised it was a re-setting of the GPU that fixed it but w/e works.
    Something could have been in-between the contact points and was causing the fault or it could of have out of alignment or a hundred other thing but at least they fixed it!
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Ok, sorry to bump this after a couple days, sadly i thought it was fixed, but no longer it seems

Shall try the Furmark thingy and see how it goes
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

This thread is all over the place for a monitor and/or video card issue.