What should I reforge too?

Being following askmrrobot. But looking at Icy-veins and stuff Critical strike is weighted over mastery, yet it tells me to reforge into mastery. Guild made me swap from enhance to resto (I've never played resto before).

So what are your thoughts?

My Toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dioxy/advanced

Part of it will be how good ur raid is. Mastery for resto is stronger if everyone always has low health and weaker if everyone has fuller health/ damage shields. There is no way to accurately quantify this so it will just come with experience. In most guides it assumes your tank and Dps take as little unnecessary damage as possible, in which case crit is probably better than mastery.

AskMrRobot weightings are generally wrong. I find mastery to be quite weak, throughput wise and haste/crit to be stronger. If you just follow the normal AskMrRobot weightings, you won't be anywhere near as good as you should be. I personally go for the highest breakpoint I can for haste, and then have crit weighted slightly higher than mastery.

Here is how I handle AMR.

Edit weights, set mastery to 0.1.

Choose a soft haste breakpoint --- 3764 or 7613 depending on your gear level. Advise 7613 for extra HR tick. (check the box on the left for 7613 HR point to show on right)

Set crit above that secondary haste (which usually defaults to 0.45). The default crit is below this number so I chose 0.50 for crit.

If you have the legendary meta gem, you can adjust for a spirit soft cap as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is good. But I noticed little of the increased heling from Mastery between 48% (which is my absolute low) and say 55% which you are at.

That's when I started forging for Haste/crit with trying to keep Mastery between 48-50%. And I love it. Healing feels smoother for me now.

At your gear level (510) I reforged/gemmed for 3764 Haste rating then all mastery that was left to crit (not going to low on Mastery <48%). As for Spirit when I started to raid again I gemmed pure spirit in Blue gem slots and Int/spi in red, spi/haste in yellow. Watched how I got through fights and regem the next week if Spirit was to high for me. I am now changing to pure Int and Int/Haste. But that's because I have the Meta and the cloak now.

When my gear improved (520) I tried to go for the 5767 haste breakpoint and I noticed my healing smoothed out due to faster casting. Needed some more spirit but heck Spirit is all over the place for us

Now I am at 528-ish and finally I can go for 7613 Haste. Regemming tomorrow and hope to find a descent pug to test the build for my own gameplay.

Because that's just it. With so much breakpoints it all comes down to personal prefference. I enjoy a high haste build with crit as a good second and not to low on mastery either (which is allmost impossible anyway). Some enjoy the very high heals on low targets and go for mastery. But whatever you do try to stay at or just above a Haste breakpoint. A little more actually because HST and HTT are bugged and sometimes don't give you that extra tick you should get at certain breakpoints.

BTW Healing breakpoints are in the Ask Mr. Robot stat weight editor.

Deleted
    Mastery is absolutely terrible in every situation.

After going for your chosen haste breakpoint go full into crit once your happy with your spirit level. Remember that crit also helps regen as well.

I would swap your green gems for + haste + spirit instead of the + mastery + Spirit.

Swap your 2 x + 320 int gems out and use the + 480 spirit ones for more spirit if you are having mana problems.

Put the haste enchant on your gloves instead of the mastery one.

Try and hit the 3764 hbp

If you heal with a Disco priest or Holy Pala then reforge out of your mastery as their absorbs will counteract your mastery.