Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, not unless you can prove said animals are coherent enough to know the diffence themself, and not due to an instinct they have been trained for. Ofc some animals are just total dicks for unknown reasons.

Won´t truely know till we are able to communicate with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    So racism against white people doesn't exist?

GG Society.

- No, i'm not white.
    Racism is racism - its not set at one color ... Anyone who thinks otherwise really doesn´t know what racism is.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Not all the time, but most of the time this happens I believe because of a reaction from the owner. Even if the reaction from the owner is subconscious or misinterpreted by the dog. Dogs are crazy perceptive when it comes to reacting to their owner's behavior.

However some dogs are just weird. Mine loves and wants to meet everyone she has ever seen. If anyone ever broke into my house she would immediately flop down at their feet and demand a belly rub.

I think the only reason she barks at the mailman is to get his attention on the off chance he will come through the door to pet her.

I know dogs can develop a dislike for a certain gender if a member of that gender abused the dog in some way. Their fear response can be pretty extreme, I know of certain shelter dogs that "had" to have female handlers or vice versa because the way the dog would react. Abused dogs...they could also respond negatively to tall people, or people with beards or hats, or people with deep voices, you never know.

My dog was never abused and she went through a phase where she was scared of strollers and men with deep voices. She got over that though by the 6 month mark...loves beards/goatees, my male friends have them and she loves rubbing her face against them, lol. Pretty cute to watch.

You could proly train a dog to bark at/attack a certain color of person. I do not think an animal could be racist on its own though.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    My former dog hated Turks period, and everyone with a foreign accent. He was capable to tell the difference.
    The one before him hated everyone who was wearing a uniform, especially cops lol

My current 2 dogs are different though. The older one hates basically no one, as long as they do not walk anywhere close to the fence. My younger one loves pretty much everyone. He is skeptical of men, and definitely more friendly to females. But he does hate cats with a passion. Those he hates with a passion. We have several stray cats in the neighborhood, and he is throwing a fit if they are within our yard.
    All in all... By human definition almost all animals are racist. But they aren't racist from their behavior really. They have complete different motives.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

All our dogs we have ever owned in africa but one won't allow any blacks on the property without a major fuss, yet they will greet anyone else with some civility. They even chase our gardener into the back garden every single day and we have had him for nearly 15 years. We don't train they to do this but ultimately that is what they are there for.

OH MY GLORY!! Why didn't I see the signs!!

My dog is uneducated, can't get a job, shits in public, eats his own poo, barks at anything he doesn't understand, and quite frequently get scared of anything bigger and smarter than him!! He IS a racist after-all.

My dog isn't, although when it comes to meeting strangers he's more apprehensive about men than women. I'm not quite sure how that happened since I'm a male and nobody has ever done anything to him to make him lose his trust. It just takes him a little bit longer to warm up to some men, but race has never mattered as far as I can tell.

Deleted
    I don't really believe animals can be racist towards humans on their own... I do believe people can teach their dogs to be voilent at people with a diffrent skin color or whatever.
    If a dog barks at the black mailman but not the white one i think it rather boils down on fear or just not being used to seeing a diffrent skin color or trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animals can't be racist because humans made that shot up. Animals can be taught to react to certain skin tons, but that a taught behavior.

Deleted
    I think they can have some form of "discrimination" I guess, but its not in the sense that we call racism

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as your pet being "naturally" racist, take your dog for instance. You dog picks up on physical cues that you don't know you project. You might great people of one race more open than another (doesn't make you racist, city has to do with the likelihood of you to sharing common interests), your dog picks up on this and also views people of another race cautiously.

Example, my dog can meet a new friend of mine and people open to them because I am naturally open to that person. If a stranger comes to my door I am a bit more neutral/guarded, my dog mirrors my behavior and doesn't immediately jump all over that person/barks at them.

Mine is just because he doesn't see African Americans very often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    OH MY GLORY!! Why didn't I see the signs!!

My dog is uneducated, can't get a job, shits in public, eats his own poo, barks at anything he doesn't understand, and quite frequently get scared of anything bigger and smarter than him!! He IS a racist after-all.
    Actually, it sounds like you're talking about the majority of the population of the internet to me.
    Mighty one, never forget.

My dog pukes each time it sees a white person... It LOVES black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog goes for anyone wearing a baseball cap. No really, He hates them.

(Doesn't go to bite but barks loudly and threateningly at them)

I suppose animals can be 'racist' but I'm sure they can find a whole other load of things they just don't like about humans, objects, other animals as well.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.