1. #1

    New to this game, help wanted.

    So i bought GW2 2 days ago and really liking it thus far. But im stuck. Leveling an Human Warrior and have done 14/17 hearts in the starting human area, doing all the DE's on my way. Im now level 12 and remaining hearts are way out of my level range, with 1 being underwater for level10. The problem with the underwater heart is that i got only 1 skill unlocked and do way too low damage and die constantly to the mobs there. 2 other hearts are level 15 and mobs just rip me apart. So how do i proceed with my leveling?

    Also i have accamulated 3k karma, can i spend them at lower levels for gear upgrades or do i need to save them untill 80?

  2. #2
    When I was leveling on release, they had loads of random events. DOing these helped me keep up with the level zones, but that was when the quest areas were pretty full. Im not sure if there is enough people to do them these days

  3. #3
    Yeah i do every random event i see on my way and theres tons of people doing them, but thats still not enough. I heard you can travel to other races starting zones, how to?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Yeah i do every random event i see on my way and theres tons of people doing them, but thats still not enough. I heard you can travel to other races starting zones, how to?
    http://nerdybookahs.files.wordpress....lions-arch.jpg

    When you go through the portal it will take you to an area with portals to each of the races major cities, take whatever one you want and when you exit the city you'll be at the starter area.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    http://nerdybookahs.files.wordpress....lions-arch.jpg

    When you go through the portal it will take you to an area with portals to each of the races major cities, take whatever one you want and when you exit the city you'll be at the starter area.
    Oh thats neat Thanks for the help

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Also i have accamulated 3k karma, can i spend them at lower levels for gear upgrades or do i need to save them untill 80?
    Just saw this one. You should be able to complete the daily just from leveling usually and that gives you a lot of karma, especially for your level. I wouldn't worry about and go ahead and spend all the karma you want lol

    I only upgrade my gear every 5-10 levels but I've never had a problem where I was out of karma. Especially after the karma jugs...

  7. #7
    Really don't have to be at level or near level to participate or complete events. In fact there is a giant tooltip in the game informing players they are rewarded more if they manage to triumph over content above their level actual.

    Level is relative.

  8. #8
    Most Living World updates up-level to the content, so you can go and experience the content and get XP if any of the content rewards experience. (Such as the champs and events in Lab Cliffs.) Personal Story also rewards a ton of experience, as does crafting and WvWvW.

    You also get XP from exploring and gathering. You may find yourself trudging down some cave into a mini-dungeon or jumping puzzle, rewarding yourself with exploration XP and achievement XP.

    It's also best to not play the game like WoW. There is no race to level. Just do whats out there and poke around the world.

  9. #9
    Heh, im not in a rush to 80, i was just stuck at a point when i could not progress. Now i want to explore human's starting zone to 100%, 2 vistas, 2 skill challenges and 7 PoI's left Basicly i want to explore the current area to 100% before i move to the next one. Gw2 is just too interesting to rush with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •