Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    What children who are disabled need is a program like where my wife used to work. She worked for a company that took disabled people (from age 17+. Oldest there was probably in his 60s) and helped them live more normal lives. They lived up to 4 to a house, staff would help them on programs that helped them be more productive, go grocery shopping, etc. They would have activities, and it was 24/7 care. It is a very nice program and it's too bad people don't have those types of things everywhere. It really helps those people develop and do things like normal adults.
    Excellent idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaburoDaimando View Post
    Excellent idea.
    In theory, question is if there is money to do it everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    A lot of old people are disabled....why would they not have the proper care?
    Nursing homes have a reputation for leeching off Medicare and providing poor to minimal care.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Nursing homes have a reputation for leeching off Medicare and providing poor to minimal care.
    Or some times, I say with horror, none at all. Where the staff are a greater risk to these people's health and safety, than whatever condition it is that lead them there in the first place.

Slaughterhouse animals are treated with more respect. And that is not complete hyperbole talking either.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2013-07-28 at 06:27 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Anyone who has a disabled person in their household, regardless of age, will tell you the amount of money required to properly care for them is unbelievably high. Id rather see them in a place where people are accustomed to taking care of people than see them slowly rot away because their parents or whoever cant take care of them.

Deleted
    I guess organizing everybody who can't care for themselves at any point in for the rest of their lives in a home where they're looked after is the best thing they could do.
    It works for old people - why not kids born into a world that demands basic cognitive ability?
    Thats the best thing they can do imo, wish my country had any intent to help the disabled.

It might be a sort of strange situation but I don't see a serious issue with it or anything that awful. Nursing homes do have round care and all trained nurses and staff as far as i'm aware.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

What's wrong with putting them someone they are cared for?

How is that any cheaper than having them stay at home?

And it just seems absurd that they won't even take federal money being thrown at them because it might qualify as Obamacare. Surely they can just call it another name and avoid flak that way. A donation, a grant, whatever. These children should be with their families.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't see why this is such an issue? Nursing homes have trained nurses and staff.

In a controlled environment.

Wheres the issue?
    Do you really need the difference between "Elderly Person" and "Disabled Child" explained to you?

That's like saying a Dentist is capable of performing brain surgery because he's a trained healthcare professional.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I would much rather those who support what can only be described as mass murder that you propose be euthanized instead. I would even further rather that no one be euthanized, even those who haven't a shred of humanity like yourself.
    I didn't realize being realistic means I don't have any humanity left. Thanks for that newsflash.

You can argue all you want, but he's ultimately right. You have kids that literally cannot do anything on their own and their parents are incapable of dealing with it properly, so they insist on keeping them alive. That is a waste of money, plain and simple.

Does this apply to all of them? No.
    Do I think that's what should be done? No, that would cause more problems than it solves.
    Does that mean it's wrong? Not even close.

It may not be the "nicest" thing to do, but there's no way you can argue that they aren't a drain.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well...Florida does have a lot of them, are Nursing homes cruel or did I miss something?
    A nursing home is for somebody who is plateauing or crashing, not for somebody who is climbing. Putting disabled kids in them is essentially giving up on them. Elderly people have life experience, but might need assistance. They aren't going to be developing as people, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    I didn't realize being realistic means I don't have any humanity left. Thanks for that newsflash.

You can argue all you want, but he's ultimately right. You have kids that literally cannot do anything on their own and their parents are incapable of dealing with it properly, so they insist on keeping them alive. That is a waste of money, plain and simple.

Does this apply to all of them? No.
    Do I think that's what should be done? No, that would cause more problems than it solves.
    Does that mean it's wrong? Not even close.

It may not be the "nicest" thing to do, but there's no way you can argue that they aren't a drain.
    It is irrelevant whether or not they are a drain. Wanting anyone who isn’t useful to be eliminated isn’t just being “realistic”; it is being tyrannical to the point that he shows no shred of humanity.

Calling them a drain is realistic; wanting to kill them because their existence isn’t deemed to be beneficial is something else entirely.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8