Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Back on season 8 at the glorious 1400 bracket (pleasedontjudgeme), I played as resto/warrior and used Corroded Skeleton Key (for those who don't remember: http://www.wowpedia.org/Corroded_Skeleton_Key), we were playing against enhancement/hunter. When I let the hots go down, they hard switched on me, my warrior peeled while I ran to the pilar, really low HP, I took a silence shot and pressed the trinket key. When I hit the pilar I looked at my health: 1, the shield saved me big time.
    That was definitely the most epic moment of my life on arena.

I also felt like a hero in the fight I got my 1750 achiev, that was on cata, season 11. I was playing jungle with a priest against a spiced chicken cleave (also with a priest). my hunter was CCed, I was putting pressure on the boomkin, I saw the priest positioning himself to heal the boomkin, I positioned myself so that when he started casting I focus kick him, start bursting, focus cyc, and he was dead. I was so fucking happy with 1750 rating and my challenger title I felt like I was the best player of the world.

About a month ago, I played 2v2 as a WW monk with a ret paladin friend of mine to help him cap. We faced enhancement shaman / resto druid. After a couple of minutes of fighting, my friend died, but I still decided to keep on going as I always do.

Surprisingly this worked well, I could actually survive them by utilizing my Transcendence teleport and my mobility to avoid his burst cooldowns. This kept going for at least 10 minutes until I got a perfect kill opportunity and killed off his druid healer. I was so psyched, then I finished the shaman too.

I so wish I would have recorded that. Admittedly, they were not that good, randomly using their CC / defensives instead of using them to counter my key abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being the only hunter (or DPS for that matter) on the server with full T2 / x bow from chromaggus / DFT / best possible items and Qing for AV with 5-6 pocket healers and our full T2 main tank.

Defended the bridge against 25+ horde for over an hour. When AV finished, I had at least 10x more damage done / kills than the #2 guy. I died once. Was literally one-shotting 3 clothies with a single multishot, one shotting rogues with an aimed shot, globaling warriors with an aimed + multi.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-07-30 at 07:35 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Did some casual 2s in 5.1, as assa rogue (eyh, cant play a real spec, don't judge) and frost mage. We faced desto/feral. Somehow, the mage died. Even to this day, I don't know how. Anyway, I bursted down the feral, and then killed the lock. And felt like a hero

When I legitimately earned my Last Man Standing. This time I was actually playing sub. So, people on my team died, while I still continued dpsing down a feral because fuck them and their Faerie fire. People on my team went afk. I just wanted to take him down with me, even if we were gonna lose. When my team mates died, I had less health than the feral. I killed him no less, and.... we won. Because the other people on his team must've left, thinking he could easily take down a rogue - being feral and all - and still having the advantage of higher hp. Still I don't understand how I was able to do that. The spirit of a dead Gladiator must've taken hold of my brain that time. I was treated like a hero when my team mates came back, except for the disc priest, who just shrugged at the whole incident.

Final story. It did happen in a bg, BFG, to be precise, but it was a 2v2 situation, I can assure you! I was with a ret at WW. At the time, we didn't have mines, I was bored and wanted to go there. I still had the pala targetted as I so often do, in case they get attacked. Which happened, as he got yer typical rogue debuffs on him; garrote and vendetta. And it was not only one rogue, but two! I went back (had to swim across the river) and by then, the pala died. Not swayed by that, I blinded one rogue, Cheap shot the other, and kept on dpsing him. I vanish-sapped the blinded rogue, and the first rogue died. The rogue that was cc'd opened hard on me with a stun and Shadowblades, which I trinketed, followed by a prep-vanish and into a Cheap Shot, then I blew my cds and down he went. Weirdest thing ever

Back at launch of MOP as a demo lock. Dalaran arena as MLS. Mage was getting pressured really hard by enemy godcomp (with a shaman), and they all pushed into our side, behind the boxes, while I was nova'd in mid.

I trinket, demo leap in, knocked back all 3 of them (when no stairs behind boxes), shadowfury stun, pop everything, immo aura, double chaos wave with a bunch of lucky crits.

The shaman actually linked, but it didnt help. AOE'd the whole team to dead while my mage was in a block, with only his orb to help.

I cant believe they nerfed demo

Deleted
    Way back in Cata was in an arena with my Warr partner against a mage and ret pala if I remember correctly.

Ended up being a 2v1 against me. Took out the mage quite easily and then had to 1v1 the pala from like 60% health.

I thought I was a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Ele is so retarded right now. It seems like more a slot machine and less a WoW class. Regardless, congrats. I know the feeling; for me there's nothing better ingame than winning little victories on mindgames and prediction--shadowstepping charge, deathing instant cc, even basic fakecasting.
    This is what I LOVE doing. In particular I used to love disengaging stuns, charges and other gap closers. But in particular disengaging stuns was a lot of fun.

But that's not possible anymore...

I can't remember any cool stories right now.

I did win a 2v2 game vs a hpal/rogue after my partner died. Felt pretty good, but I did nothing special in particular.

I do have a story about a complete fail in 2v2s.

My warrior friend and I were playing warr/mw monk in 2s when we faced semi geared WW monk/ele sham. At some point my warrior got them both to play defensive. My partner chases the WW monk and I put pressure on the ele shaman. At one point I used both of my trinkets because I got cocky. The ele sham puts me into a hex and completely blows up my warrior friend. It was like a perfect swap on their part. I felt so bad, but it was also funny because my friend keeps bragging about him being a great player when we got semi-outplayed by undergeared people xD

I also had multiple victories thanks to my awareness of kill oppertunities. I can't remember which comp I was facing, but my friend (again the warrior) had the healer CCed and was going semi-hard on the DPS. I blanket the healer after with my interrupt, into a stun, into a full paralysis and I start assisting my friend with damage which ended up us winning the game.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-07-30 at 11:37 PM.

The thing that defines good teams from bad teams this season is your ability to avoid hunter traps on your healer, which takes some decent level of skill (against the decent hunters at least).

Groudning traps, teammates eating them, SWD'ing the scatter, all make you feel like you outplayed your opponent. I swear if you can avoid that first hunter trap it results in a win 90% of the time.

my greatest ever feat in arena was the last season in cata when i managed to solo double sub rogue as fire mage.

Deleted
    On second though i remember upsing mind control disc on a holy pala back in the day in a bg ( ik kmow its not arena) started spamhealing myself thriugh my pet holy paladin, then cced a hunter killed an ele and a wlock on my frost mage that was really geared back in the day. Then cced pala and killed hunter and then killed pala. That made me feel epic, thats why I hate what they did to engineering nowadays.

Deleted
    Gathered blockrating gear to my Prot Warrior in Wotlk with armor pen cap with trink proc.. Dat oneshot shield slams in 1500 rating arena, or what the rating were back then

Was fun to have fear on short CD, like 3 different stuns + much more. Super utility, must be the most of any class of any time.

Ok this isn't arena, but here goes anyways. Rolled my warr prot to play rbg last season, and in EOTS there was a big battle at the flag. I managed to grab it, and Vince Dicola - training montage started playing on my playlist. Glorymoment to tell the grandchildren!

The song: youtube. com/watch?v=1Lb3MTlIrC4

Oddly enough it was on my Mage lt who is not very well geared, was 2s with my brother on his hunter. We vs'd disc/hunter ( impossible some may say ) and both were very well geared. Felt like a hero because we got our cc on the priest soooo text book perfect and managed to kill the hunter.

Only problem was the priest trolled us by making the game last ages until we finally got him. only just, damn op priests ><

I felt like a hero when...I cracked 1550. jkjk, never happened. =)