Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's different because it's illegal here (and i'd imagine most places). You can't say "no hispanics" in a sign where as in Japan you can.
    It is actually illegal there, the article originally linked stated they signed legislation which makes it illegal.

Deleted
    I don't actually have any culture to speak of.. unless gray is a culture, i do admire russian culture though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    It's different because it's illegal here (and i'd imagine most places). You can't say "no hispanics" in a sign where as in Japan you can.
    According to the Japanese constitution, all citizens are equally important regardless of ethnic background. Meaning, if there are laws in place restricting such discrimination, they're either being broken or if those laws don't exist, the country's constitution isn't being followed through. All in all, not an issue specific to Japan, the same could be said about the US not upholding its own constitution and granting gays the right to marry in all states.

Deleted
    I dont know, Ive been known to oppose mainstream cultures such as asian with every fiber of my being but on the other hand I guess its just perspective. I kinda like the viking culture and eskimo culture and every dark, fatalistic, grim culture out there, fictional or real.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-07-27 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    According to the Japanese constitution, all citizens are equally important regardless of ethnic background. Meaning, if there are laws in place restricting such discrimination, they're either being broken or if those laws don't exist, the country's constitution isn't being followed through. All in all, not an issue specific to Japan, the same could be said about the US not upholding its own constitution and granting gays the right to marry in all states.
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/GB08Dh01.html

Japan does not like koreans much it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/GB08Dh01.html

Japan does not like koreans much it seems.
    The irony of a Supreme Court going against the Constitution...

That's not really japanese culture, that's some art from japanese culture. Does one adopt America culture if they listen to a lot of Birtney spears and read spiderman?
    Britney Spears and Spiderman are part of American culture, yes. Culture is a pretty broad term.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-07-27 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Britney Spears and Spiderman are part of American culture, yes. Culture is pretty broad term.
    Culture isn't that broad of a term.

The arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.
    The only reason that it is seen as broad is because there are a lot of people.