Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Chi Brew CHANGES!!!

Chi Brew now restores 2 Chi, and generates 5 stacks of Elusive Brew. Maximum 2 charges. No longer has 1.5 min cooldown

what is the CD on that ability?

can someone explain what they mean by 2 charges maxX?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell you the CD but the charge system I would imagine works like it does for Roll.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability functions like roll (charge system). Each charge has it's own 45 sec cooldown.

So see it like this: You use it ONCE. You get the chi and the stacks and it triggers a 45 sec CD on THAT charge. You'll still have ONE MORE CHARGE to do it again.

The CD is practically the same thing I guess, but you'll have more control over it!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Niiice, so you get 2 cds on that chi brew if u use both?? or is it only 1 cds?

I mean that if u use both charges, after each other, what is the cds on both charges? 1.5m? or 45 sec in all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudix View Post

I mean that if u use both charges, after each other, what is the cds on both charges? 1.5m? or 45 sec in all
    Each charge has its own 45 second CD.

So if you need some quick burst, you can pop them both and get max chi, and 4 stacks or your brew.

It's a nice buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudix View Post

If you played a Death Knight before, think the rune system.

At least I assume as much anyways

Curious what inspired this change, PvP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely it will work exactly like Roll. In that if you use both CDs, it will take 45 seconds from the first cast to recharge the first one and another 45 seconds to recharge the second.

I'd imagine PvE - Chi Brew supplied the most chi/time over short (~5 min or less) fights, but it tapers off and drops below the other two talents at 7 min+.

Furthermore, to even get those amounts of chi, you'd have to use chi brew on cooldown, which completely defeats its purpose as a safety net/cooldown.

With the charge change, you can safely use the first charge at any given time it's available and have the second charge saved for an emergency situation. Now if they only dropped the cooldown to about 30 seconds or so per charge, it'd be a solid contender against ascension.

If this ability is off the GCD, amazing. If it triggers a GCD, /sadtrombone.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I'd imagine PvE - Chi Brew supplied the most chi/time over short (~5 min or less) fights, but it tapers off and drops below the other two talents at 7 min+.

Furthermore, to even get those amounts of chi, you'd have to use chi brew on cooldown, which completely defeats its purpose as a safety net/cooldown.

With the charge change, you can safely use the first charge at any given time it's available and have the second charge saved for an emergency situation. Now if they only dropped the cooldown to about 30 seconds or so per charge, it'd be a solid contender against ascension.
    They can't put it on a 30 second CD because that would line it up with Guard.

What does guard have to do with chi brew? You hit chi brew on cd, you hit guard when you need to prevent damage, which almost never lines up neatly every 30 seconds.

I just threw 30 seconds out as a ballpark figure though, I'm sure 35 seconds would be more appropriate, just something that generates more chi/min than power strikes (40 sec cd would equal it over time).

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I just threw 30 seconds out as a ballpark figure though, I'm sure 35 seconds would be more appropriate, just something that generates more chi/min than power strikes (40 sec cd would equal it over time).
    if it would generate more chi/min than PS, what purpose would PS have?
    Chi Brew offers you a lot of Chi at once (i.e. for burst) but you tradeoff a bit of overall generation.
    It's fine as it is, even if it's maybe not the best choice for BrM/WW, it's balanced for MW. (not all talents can be equally balanced if they're meant for 3 different speccs/roles)

PS' purpose is a purely passive ability that generates chi over time for you.

The ideal setup is the ability which requires active input from the user (chi brew) is harder to use but superior than the passive ability (PS/ascension). PS generates more chi than ascension because ascension brings with it a 5th chi perk. Chi brew now brings with it some brew charges, but I'd still say ascension's utility is stronger, so it'd be great if our active ability that requires planning and thought brings greater reward for the extra effort spent.

Unlikely to change anything for WW, but might be useful for other 2 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Curious what inspired this change, PvP?
    Probably to reduce the pressure of having to use Chi Brew when you don't want to simply because it's off cooldown. Now you have a 45-90 second window to place it correctly.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

That awkward moment when Chi Brew is essentially buffed for MW and gives us even more mana than it did before....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    Not necessarily true. Napkin math based on ability average damage shows Chi Brew giving more of a DPS boost than Ascension for any fights with downtime or any fight below 9 minutes. This is with 10k Haste. Lower gear levels will potentially see Chi Brew as the go-to talent. Obviously it's not conclusive but it can't be said that it doesn't change anything for WW. Let's not forget that it also gives us 4 extra TEB stacks at the start of a fight to use near the tail end of Bloodlust.

If anyone's curious, I was getting, roughly:

3m 00s fight: Ascension +22395 - Chi Brew +29010
    7m 30s fight: Ascension +22395 - Chi Brew +23208
    9m 45s fight: Ascension +22395 - Chi Brew +22316
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-07-25 at 02:47 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    Really? Max chi and 4 stacks of TEB do nothing for WW?

Even beyond the numbers there is a major inconvenience of going back to a 4 chi pool at such high haste levels.

They could improve Chi Brew ten times more and I still wouldn't take it.

Why? Because its one more goddamn button to worry about pushing.

I'll stick to PS/Ascension.