Thread: UVLS Drop Rate

Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    UVLS Drop Rate

    So.. what is the drop on this trinket? I'm pretty sure the damned thing doesn't exist in the loot tables and you're all dicking me by this point..

    I've managed to win 9 items from Lei Shen - 8 of them from coin rolls.

    And every. Single. One. has been the leggings.

    9 leggings. That's all I've ever won off him. My priest and lock have ran him since his wing opened in LFR, used 3 coins a week on him on my lock, and so far all I've gotten is 9 bloody leggings on my lock which are a downgrade from my scenario ones.

    I know "random is random", but this is just outright taking the piss now.

    Rant over, I guess.

  2. #2
    Ofc my fresh Ele got one on his first kill, while my main is ofer infinity. RNG is hilarious

  3. #3
    I feel ya' bro, I've killed heroic Ji-Kun like 15 times or so (with coining) and I'm yet to see the damn feather trinket. QQ

  4. #4
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    I have a spare i541 one if you want, you will have to upgrade it yourself though I've not been using it.

    - An Evil Warlock


    Seriously the trinket does exist we must have got it like 10 times (every ilvls) since the patch release, sorry for your bad luck !
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    61
    I feel your pain, I got leggings last night on coin roll and the UVLS that did drop went to:

    A shadowpriest (of course)
    and a boomkin rolled higher than the 2 locks in the raid (myself and another both were 3rd and 4th roll).

    And we barely saw a UVLS drop in main raid, and if it did, it went to highest roll and that was boomkins and shadowpriests (of course).

  6. #6
    Mechagnome -Raer-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    600
    First LFR Lei Shen kill on my warlock it dropped. /flex Also, I helped (my now current guild) out with their first H Lei Shen kill on my warlock, 2 dropped.

    It does exist, probably not on the same plane of existence as your character though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    I feel your pain, I got leggings last night on coin roll and the UVLS that did drop went to:

    A shadowpriest (of course)
    and a boomkin rolled higher than the 2 locks in the raid (myself and another both were 3rd and 4th roll).

    And we barely saw a UVLS drop in main raid, and if it did, it went to highest roll and that was boomkins and shadowpriests (of course).
    Wait... You're "rolling" for items? And boomkins are rolling on UVLS??.. Isn't UVLS horrible (horrible horrible) for Boomkins? Compared to all other 3 trinkets, that is.

    UVLS is an unspeakably big dps increase for demonology warlocks. In my angry opinion, any guild that doesn't give UVLS to a needing demonology warlock is making a mistake. From any point of view that I can think of.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Wait... You're "rolling" for items? And boomkins are rolling on UVLS??.. Isn't UVLS horrible (horrible horrible) for Boomkins? Compared to all other 3 trinkets, that is.

    UVLS is an unspeakably big dps increase for demonology warlocks. In my angry opinion, any guild that doesn't give UVLS to a needing demonology warlock is making a mistake. From any point of view that I can think of.
    You do realize starsurge procs are based on dot crit ticks right?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    You do realize starsurge procs are based on dot crit ticks right?
    You do know that boomkins have a negative multiplier on the proc chance
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    You do realize starsurge procs are based on dot crit ticks right?
    They may gain damage from the trinket. It may be an upgrade. Demo will gain much more. At this stage it looks like demo is viable to be using 549 uvls well into the next tier. Boomy will be dropping it asap.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-07-24 at 11:31 PM.

  11. #11
    Isn't the proc rate of UVLS too low to be actually better than the other trinkets in LfR ?

    Anyway, good luck for that one ! I personnaly keep praying for my Hydra trinket ...

  12. #12
    I saved every Mogu Rune of Fate from the time 5.2 launched for Lei Shen, spending them only on other bosses if they were going to cap at 10 before Pinnacle LFR opened. I think I got 5 or 6 off-hands and 2 or 3 pairs of pants before finally getting the trinket. It took me several months of beating Lei Shen LFR 2-5 times a week before I got it, but i eventually did. Ironically, I got the trinket the week before a lot of the Lei Shen mechanical nerfs went live for LFR.

    Re: previous post

    In my experience, even LFR UVLS beats every trinket available, including possibly some other trinkets from N or H. It is fairly consistent on bosses, especially using the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction. Due to the 'safeguards' against unlucky streaks, you can be reasonably certain that the trinket will proc on your opening burst if you had to wait at all before the pull. Afterward, you have from 1.5 to nearly 3 minutes to fish for another proc, which usually occurs.
    Last edited by Zargul; 2013-07-25 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added reply to previous poster

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    You do realize starsurge procs are based on dot crit ticks right?
    This trinket is outright bad for boomkin. Even if it were Heroic Thunderforged upgraded twice, I would still use Any other normal trinket from ToT over it. The RNG on it is absolutely abysmal for Boomkins. I have gone the entire first wing of the raid without a single proc during a boss fight (Thats nearly 30 minutes). The only time you use that trinket is when you have everything on farm and you are praying for procs so you can cheese your WoL parses. Demo locks and Priests should get priority over any other spec.

  14. #14
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,163
    So far my personal experience with seeing this thing puts the droprate somewhere between horrible and abysmal, which incidentally matches that of Cunning of the Cruel and Muradin's Spyglass. I really am not lucky with trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I have a spare i541 one if you want, you will have to upgrade it yourself though I've not been using it.

    - An Evil Warlock


    Seriously the trinket does exist we must have got it like 10 times (every ilvls) since the patch release, sorry for your bad luck !
    there is a world of difference between 10m and 25m, try on 10m and you wont see it for a while, we havent seen a single 1 since ToT was released and that is a hell of a lot of kills. bloated loottables and 10m RNG and you might not see specific items for a while, this isnt really a problem in 25m or atleast not as great.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I have a spare i541 one if you want, you will have to upgrade it yourself though I've not been using it.

    - An Evil Warlock


    Seriously the trinket does exist we must have got it like 10 times (every ilvls) since the patch release, sorry for your bad luck !
    I hate you....zz

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    So.. what is the drop on this trinket? I'm pretty sure the damned thing doesn't exist in the loot tables and you're all dicking me by this point..

    I've managed to win 9 items from Lei Shen - 8 of them from coin rolls.

    And every. Single. One. has been the leggings.

    9 leggings. That's all I've ever won off him. My priest and lock have ran him since his wing opened in LFR, used 3 coins a week on him on my lock, and so far all I've gotten is 9 bloody leggings on my lock which are a downgrade from my scenario ones.

    I know "random is random", but this is just outright taking the piss now.

    Rant over, I guess.
    I totally feel your pain. I thought I had shitty luck getting this trinket but it appears you have me beat atm. I've rolled all my coins on this boss over a dozen times in LFR and normal and gotten nothing but gold. To add insult, the mage in my guild has won it in LFR three times already, and he doesnt even use them. And our spriest coined it on normal. To make matters worse, we've just started doing heroic ToT and I had to pass on saving my coins for heroic loot because this damn trinket is pretty much mandatory on being competitve with demo. This is really pissing me off.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Wait... You're "rolling" for items? And boomkins are rolling on UVLS??.. Isn't UVLS horrible (horrible horrible) for Boomkins? Compared to all other 3 trinkets, that is.

    UVLS is an unspeakably big dps increase for demonology warlocks. In my angry opinion, any guild that doesn't give UVLS to a needing demonology warlock is making a mistake. From any point of view that I can think of.

    Even with the lower proc rate, UVLS is dramatically better for Boomkins than it is for Mages or Ele Shams, and is better than the other trinkets for single target. Not even close to as good as it is for Demonology, but roughly the same benefit Shadow Priests get from it.

  19. #19
    UVLS isn't BiS for Boomkins afaik.

    After our first Lei Shen kill and I lost 541 UVLS to our Shadow Priest due to STUPID dkp system and himself keeping insist that it will be BiS for him on 5.4 too with keeping 2pc t15 bla bla, I have no hope.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire JV Chequer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    UVLS isn't BiS for Boomkins afaik.

    After our first Lei Shen kill and I lost 541 UVLS to our Shadow Priest due to STUPID dkp system and himself keeping insist that it will be BiS for him on 5.4 too with keeping 2pc t15 bla bla, I have no hope.
    I feel sorry for you bro, but C'mon, you have a lot of time 'till 5.4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •