Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just got a vanilla CE w/ pet codes

for 100$. It was an absolute steal on ebay and I got it with just seconds left.

Quick question though, how much could I potentially get for one of the three pets to choose from?

Thanks!

Deleted
    About tree fiddy.

didnt they changed it awhile back ? i think you get all 3 now
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have very bad news for you. It looks like you're probably one of a couple people who bought the collector's Ed. boxes with no CD key... you NEED the CD key to get the pets. It upgrades your account to a collector's edition account. You would then get all 3 pets for your account which are NOT able to be sold.

An actual Vanilla CE CD-Key goes for $700-1000+

I got mine by searching craigslist for an OLD collector's edition account... created before they had Battle.net and quit before they had battle.net

If you find a person's old account that quit the game before battle.net, you can create a battle.net account for that copy with YOUR name and payment info. effectively making it your account.

However once an account has been tied to battle.net, this no longer works.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-07-27 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    I think I have very bad news for you. It looks like you're probably one of a couple people who bought the collector's Ed. boxes with no CD key... you NEED the CD key to get the pets. It upgrades your account to a collector's edition account. You would then get all 3 pets for your account which are NOT able to be sold.
    Shit.

Oh well, I got it for a hundred bucks and everything aside from the actual CD is unopened in the box, I have been meaning to pick up all the old CE's anyway. Thanks for the tip!

And I'm pretty sure a hundred bucks for one of these is pretty cheap, usually I see the opened ones go for a few hundred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are you have a box without a CD key. People sell it and in the fine print somewhere list that it's just the box or the CD key has been used. The difference between a used CD key CD and a unused is $500 or more. Grats if you got insanely lucky, however doubtful that is. You also get all three pets on whatever account you use the CE cd key on, and they are not tradeable in game, so you would have to do a little more risky deal to sell them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    Shit.

Oh well, I got it for a hundred bucks and everything aside from the actual CD is unopened in the box, I have been meaning to pick up all the old CE's anyway. Thanks for the tip!

And I'm pretty sure a hundred bucks for one of these is pretty cheap, usually I see the opened ones go for a few hundred.
    Sorry about that. I do agree though... $100 for the CE box and extras sealed is as cheap as they ever have gone for. So congrats on that. ^_^

Look in the detail description, it says right in the last sentence that I can pick from one of three pets. I didn't even think to much, I saw that, and that the only thing it doesn't come w/ is the cd key. I didn't even stop to remember that with all the CE's I have had that it requires the Bnet account upgrade. I think this dude who sold it to me is being kind of scammy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281138884943...84.m1497.l2649

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just pre-filled-in info from eBay's database. If you wanted your money back though, I'd say you'd have grounds to ask for a refund based on that line.

Deleted
    Sounds like you have sufficient grounds for a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    Look in the detail description, it says right in the last sentence that I can pick from one of three pets. I didn't even think to much, I saw that, and that the only thing it doesn't come w/ is the cd key. I didn't even stop to remember that with all the CE's I have had that it requires the Bnet account upgrade. I think this dude who sold it to me is being kind of scammy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281138884943...84.m1497.l2649
    Copied directly from your link:
    Includes everything but game disc itself. Code has been used
    So no, you do NOT get the CD key, and no, you do NOT get any of the pets. You paid $100 for the box and its contents, minus the game itself and, most importantly, the CD key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the product information does say "Additionally you can also choose one of the three in-game pet." which could definitely be confusing to people who don't know better.

Deleted
    But the product information does say "Additionally you can also choose one of the three in-game pet." which could definitely be confusing to people who don't know better.
    You paid $100 for a cardboard box, sorry.

No refund needed. It does piss me off a bit that it was sort of misleading, would have thought about it more but didn't have a ton of time to think about it. Either way, the only other one with just the box and contents minus CD key are 500 USD+, so I would say I got a really good deal.

Thanks for all the help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I did? I had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, you also just contradicted yourself. And its not just a cardboard box. And I'm a power-seller with 100% positive feedback and over 2000 feedback. That description gives him grounds for a refund.

That'd be me. I like to collect things like this from all of my (few) favorite games, so to me it was a worthwhile buy. I just need BC/Wotlk now.

Deleted
    I did? I had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, you also just contradicted yourself. And its not just a cardboard box. And I'm a power-seller with 100% positive feedback and over 2000 feedback. That description gives him grounds for a refund.
    I quoted the wrong person, no need to be rude.

I quoted the wrong person, no need to be rude.
    Actually....you were kind of the rude one. But nonetheless, let apples be apples.

How was he rude in any way, shape or form? Stop being an over sensitive sap. He pointed out that due to the OP's inability to read, they got ripped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was obviously an inflammatory statement. "You paid $100 for a cardboard box" was not meant to be helpful in any way. It was in fact rude.

And I'd like to point out that he didn't get ripped off. He actually got a good deal. He just didn't purchase quite what he was expecting... but a good deal none the less.