Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Just Cleared Lei Shen 10, Starting Heroics Next Week. Feedback? Progression Paths?

Heya, ladies and gents. I co-lead a smallish, sorta-hardcore-ish raiding guild on a small, bad realm. We just got our Lei Shen 10 kill finally tonight (no logs for this week unfortunately due to slight DC issues on my part and couldn't get a group on tuesday ><)

We're wondering where the progression path is for 10-man heroic. If I understand correctly, it generally seems to be Jin'Rokh -> Ji-Kun -> Tortos, but from there I'm sorta lost.

Group's still a tad nebulous, too, but here's our loose lineup (still recruiting one more...). I know it's a tad melee heavy. We're going hard on recruiting a Discipline Priest (or even Holydin >.>) , but it's not easy on such a small realm

Hunter / Resto Druid
    Prot Warrior
    BRM Monk
    Fury Warrior
    Ele Shaman / Resto offspec
    Shadow Priest
    Rogue
    Feral Druid
    Resto Druid
    Mistweaver Monk

Logs here, sorry about the lack of consistency. Until the last few weeks, the group hadn't been totally full, there's been a lot of shifting, pugs, people not with us, etc. Feedback would be very appreciated-- And feedback regarding the Brewmaster Monk (myself, Qinglu) is welcome to be as harsh as it needs to be (I can take it and I know I'm not nearly the best in the world >.>)

Any assistance is appreciated, and thanks a lot for anyone willing to help.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-07-27 at 07:43 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your healers are strong, you can totally try Horridon right after Jin'Rokh (but I do agree you need more rdps, pref warlock and mage since they're stupidly OP atm). Then Tortos, then Ji-Kun, Qon and Twins.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Hello, my guild did this:

Jin Rokh->Ji-Kun->Iron Qon->Horridon->Council->Tortos->Durumu->Primordius->Twin Consorts->Magaera and now trying Dark Animus.

Jin Rokh and Ji-Kun are just brain check to be honest.

Iron Qon might require some gear from your group.

Horridon requires people knowing what they have to focus, not stand in bad stuff and interrupt. Gear helps a lot here.

Council the hardest part about coucil is the Frostbite, with a rogue you can avoid one of them. It becomes a lot easier (not easy) when you outgear it. You have to kill Sul before he empowers, we normally never let the frost king cast a second frostbite. Don't let people just burn Kazra'jin as hard as they can (we normally have people that can off heal help with heals when he's empowered). I recommend it if you are geared.

Tortos I'd recomment you to solo tank it. Strat is almost doesn't change.

Durumu is really easy, just a brain check.

Primordius is easy but he can hit a bit hard on tanks.

Twins has a dps check. Mechanics are easy tho.

Magaera is easy. I don't know why we took so long to kill it.

Since you are starting now I'd recommend:

Jin Rokh-> Some attempts on Tortos->Ji-Kun->Iron Qon->Horridon->You decide what's next!
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-07-27 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild´s lineup was:

BRM Monk
    Prot Warrior
    Shadow Priest (moi)
    Ele Shammy
    Frost Mage
    Assassination Rogue
    Fury Warrior
    Resto Druid
    MW Monk
    Disc Priest

The order in which we have progressed so far has been Jin´Rokh -> Ji-Kun -> Horridon (our three healers are very strong and skilled) -> Iron Qon -> Tortos -> Consorts

I can tell you Ji-Kun is easy once you get the nests down and that´s not hard at all. Tortos is easy as well and should have probably been our third heroic kill but we delayed it quite a lot. It´s really easy once you get the hang of the Crystals mechanic and you should have one person doing the kicking all the time. I myself was the sole designated kicker for both normal and heroic. Keep in mind, though, that having more people coordinating kicks can be useful but is certainly more difficult than letting one person take care of it. Beware the rest from here, as Horridon and Iron Qon have ridiculous amounts of RNG involved in them and will be a slow, uphill battle for progress on those. Still haven´t killed Consorts yet, but the biggest problem seem to be the killing of the little adds that spawn during night phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Castochi View Post

I can tell you Ji-Kun is easy once you get the nests down and that´s not hard at all. Tortos is easy as well and should have probably been our third heroic kill but we delayed it quite a lot. It´s really easy once you get the hang of the Crystals mechanic and you should have one person doing the kicking all the time. I myself was the sole designated kicker for both normal and heroic. Keep in mind, though, that having more people coordinating kicks can be useful but is certainly more difficult than letting one person take care of it.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Castochi View Post
    Beware the rest from here, as Horridon and Iron Qon have ridiculous amounts of RNG involved in them and will be a slow, uphill battle for progress on those. Still haven´t killed Consorts yet, but the biggest problem seem to be the killing of the little adds that spawn during night phase.
    Horridon isn't really heavy RNG imo. Iron Qon is tho with bad spears (which can be fixed if people stand where they are supposed to). The only hard part (while progressing) in Iron Qon is phase 1 and the beginning of phase 4 (assuming people don't take unnecessary damage).

The way I killed it for the first time was: save lust/hero/time warp for the ending of the phase 3 (when the dog is at 27%). As soon as he casts his shield you use lust/hero/time warp and burn him as hard as you can, when the other 2 dogs appear you finish the shield dog then switch to the fire dog then the storm dog and collect your loot (assuming your dps is not bad).

Jinrokh > Jikun > Tortos > Horridon > Iron Qon > Twin Consorts = Council > Megaera > Primordius > Durumu > Dark Animus, i think that's the easiest path right now, GL.
    #yolo #swag

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinrokh -> Jikun -> Iron Qon -> Tortos -> Horridon > Council > Twins > Primordius > Durumu > Megaera > Dark Animus > Lei Shen > Raden

Jikun is extremely easy compared to the 3 after it.
    If you're melee heavy, definitely go Iron Qon after jikun since you can just use your melee to soak high amount of stacks in phase 1 after doing only 2 stacks with ranged.
    Horridon/Tortos requires better dps to make them easier, so do them later when you get some heroic gear.
    Last edited by Berianther; 2013-07-27 at 08:16 AM.

jinrok>jikun>horridon>tortos>iron qon>magera>council>primordius>twins>durumu>animus

you can push iron qon sooner if you want, its a decent dps/heal check, so if the numbers are there the mechanics aren't that hard, just your dps/healers pumping out enough numbers to get it done. tortos could also be moved up depending on how good you brm monk is. his gear doesn't matter here, just how awesome he is at kiting. the kill bats method is viable in 10m, but if your monk can kite and ranged can get turtles down, allowing the melee to tunnel makes this fight go so fast.

Deleted
    We did jin'rokh - horridon - quon - council - ji-kun. Don't make the same mistake as us. Rather down quon & ji-kun before
    horridon since that one is actually harder. Better to gear up a bit before going for wipe nights on an encounter that is actually harder
    than other ones we managed but some people had to be replaced because they didnt have the patience for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Heya, ladies and gents. I co-lead a smallish, sorta-hardcore-ish raiding guild on a small, bad realm. We just got our Lei Shen 10 kill finally tonight (no logs for this week unfortunately due to slight DC issues on my part and couldn't get a group on tuesday ><)

We're wondering where the progression path is for 10-man heroic. If I understand correctly, it generally seems to be Jin'Rokh -> Ji-Kun -> Tortos, but from there I'm sorta lost.

Group's still a tad nebulous, too, but here's our loose lineup (still recruiting one more...). I know it's a tad melee heavy. We're going hard on recruiting a Discipline Priest (or even Holydin >.>) , but it's not easy on such a small realm

Hunter / Resto Druid
    Prot Warrior
    BRM Monk
    Fury Warrior
    Ele Shaman / Resto offspec
    Shadow Priest
    Rogue
    Feral Druid
    Resto Druid
    Mistweaver Monk
    I'm going to suggest something "kinda" different.

If (and that's a BIG if) you can manage to push malakk BEFORE 2nd frostbite cast AND killing sul before he empowers go jinrokh -> jikun -> maybe consorts if you have time that save (a BrM can solo phase 1 without heals) -> council.

Yes, i said council. Your rogue can negate the first frostbite cast and you don't get a second one. That's the only "difficult" part of the fight.

On the second empower just let the first frostbite target die, ress him/her, and push malak again before second cast. Should CD allow, you can also smoke the second empower.

From there you can then go Horridon/Tortos/Qon in no particular order (whatever suits you best).

Just from skimming though your logs, your RDPS is too low for anything but jinrokh/ji-kun. Almost a 10 minute normal Twin Consorts, over 7 minutes on normal durumu. You need to have every dps above 110k dps to have a good time in the early heroics. I'd recommend Jinrokh->Ji'kun->Iron Qon->Horridon->Tortos->Council/Twins->Primo/Durumu->Megaera->Dark Animus. Don't expect to go too far past Ji-kun until you fix your raid dps.

We did jin'rkh - ji'kun - horridon, now on tortos atm.

Deleted
    Why are there these threads every day?

There have been a few douzens of threads about "what progression path blablabla"... do you really want people to look up your comp and logs and then tell you the same boss killorder people were told last week? And the week before? And the week before that week?

If you are a "leader" as you state you should be able to either KNOW what bosses you have to kill or at least read one of the 214242141 threads about this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    Just from skimming though your logs, your RDPS is too low for anything but jinrokh/ji-kun. Almost a 10 minute normal Twin Consorts, over 7 minutes on normal durumu. You need to have every dps above 110k dps to have a good time in the early heroics. I'd recommend Jinrokh->Ji'kun->Iron Qon->Horridon->Tortos->Council/Twins->Primo/Durumu->Megaera->Dark Animus. Don't expect to go too far past Ji-kun until you fix your raid dps.
    Lolz. All our DPS at least 160k and we can't kill anything but Jin'Rokh HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Wat. /10chars

Not sure if serious...

That's kind of sad

Are...are you sure?

Are you running 7 man or something?

Anyway, I don't know if I have much more to contribute that others haven't already, but for our raid the difficulty of bosses was sort of divided into tiers, with the earlier names being generally easier, but are all around the same difficulty level, and the big jumps being between tiers.

First Tier -
    Jin'Rokh
    Ji'Kun
    Iron Qon
    Horridon

Second Tier -
    Tortos
    Council
    Twins

Third Tier -
    Primordius
    Megaera
    Durumu

Final Tier -
    Dark Animus
    Lei Shen
    Ra-Den (Well, you can't take him til you take Lei Shen!)

- - - Updated - - -

Also should note that everyone seems to put Tortos as really easy but for some reason he gave our raid ridiculous fits. Like, both Council and Twins went much easier than Tortos for us, and even Primordius, while having higher numbers, took WAY less suffering than Tortos originally did. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Zairn View Post
    Anyway, I don't know if I have much more to contribute that others haven't already, but for our raid the difficulty of bosses was sort of divided into tiers, with the earlier names being generally easier, but are all around the same difficulty level, and the big jumps being between tiers.

First Tier -
    Jin'Rokh
    Ji'Kun
    Iron Qon
    Horridon

Second Tier -
    Tortos
    Council
    Twins

Third Tier -
    Primordius
    Megaera
    Durumu

Final Tier -
    Dark Animus
    Lei Shen
    Ra-Den (Well, you can't take him til you take Lei Shen!)

- - - Updated - - -

Also should note that everyone seems to put Tortos as really easy but for some reason he gave our raid ridiculous fits. Like, both Council and Twins went much easier than Tortos for us, and even Primordius, while having higher numbers, took WAY less suffering than Tortos originally did. YMMV
    tortos is easy with throughput healers. If you run holy pally disc priest you're going to have a bad time.