Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    It's a shame so many people in this thread seem unable to read. The question posed by the OP was not aimed at you.
    We don't care.

We're going to go ahead and say we're the majority and we don't care for these silly regressive changes which will do more harm than good, both to the game and to the wallet behind it. If this comes to live, those silly quitters won't have a game to go back to when the majority pick up and leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

This would kill WoW almost overnight.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

iam currently playing and if these changes made it to live i wud quit .)
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    - Remove all flying mounts period and we'll talk. There are plenty of flight paths in the game. The only thing flying mounts do is let players escape from PVP and ignore everything on the ground.
    Nope, it lets me travel between daily quests faster and get to the raid entrance to summon people faster.

By your definition we should remove Flight Points too since all it does is lets you ignore everything on the ground and avoid PvP.

/sigh

Anyway, there's one thing that I'd love to see in WoW. World PvP being cleaned up or even completely removed. On PvP Realms PvP is forced upon you nearly 100% of the time. No other game mechanic is forced on you so much, and you can't think to yourself "hmm, I don't feel like PvP today" in the same way you can with dailies, LFR, rep grinding, etc.

PvP Realms should be like RP Realms - a guideline, a statement of "this realm is aimed at people who enjoy this aspect of the game most". So things I'd do (and yes, people would quit, but honestly I'd be glad to see most of you go):

1/ Remove automatic PvP Flagging on PvP Realms. It should be a choice (in before someone says "lul reroll pve scrub"). This also nearly completely wipes out lowbie ganking.

2/ Guards shouldn't flag you for PvP just by aggroing you - you should be flagged for entering an opposing faction's basecamp or directly attacking an NPC.#

3/ Questgivers should be neutral and unattackable to enemy players.

4/ Enemy Flightmasters should one-shot players that attack them.

5/ Add more PvP Zones and objectives, focused in and around max level areas. Encourage real World PvP between players who actually want to take part. Virtual Realm auto-balance areas. Add plenty of decent rewards.

Thus World PvP becomes something worth doing, if you enjoy it, and griefing and ganking becomes a thing of the past. Boom, everyone wins. Bar the griefers, who can go cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    That would make me just skip the game and never think about it again. I hate ground mounts.

- LFD only available for level 90 characters
    LFD should be available for players 1-89 at 90 with a lot of ppl at max lvl its easy to find group at trade chat which would also bring game back in life and social aspect.

Rest seems ok. Though I dont really care about faction balance on realms.

How quickly people forget all the reasons that people wanted all these changes in the first place.

What does this accomplish, exactly? Make it take longer to level professions? You already can't fly while leveling up, which is the important part.

- Removal of LFR
    LFR isn't so bad. I'm not a huge fan of it for my main, but it does give my alts something to do, and some people enjoy the access to the raiding scene. If it bothers you that other people can enjoy something you don't, you need to take a step back and reconsider exactly what it is that's bothering you about it.

So we can go back to never being able to find a group for dungeons while leveling again? Maybe there's something to be said for leveling efficency in dungeons vs questing, but removing LFD isn't the solution to that.

- Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    This one I agree with. The only reason blizzard resists is because of the stigma of what "server merges" mean to the MMO community at large - people take "merging servers" to mean "dying game", so Blizzard is trying to think of ways to merge servers without merging them. Granted there are other problems (like resolving guild/character name conflicts), but the "trap" of dead servers is worse.

- Item squish to WotLK level
    Accomplishes nothing but making old dungeons harder to solo. You could write an addon to make prettier numbers if you want and it would accomplish the same thing with no downsides.

- Less CC
    Less CC means we need to bring back more burst-style gameplay. PvP is much more dynamic when the name of the game is control rather than just burst and heal.

- Old Talents
    This one was done to death at the start of this expansion. Long story short, if you don't see why the new talent system gives you *massively* more choice than the old one, you weren't paying attention. You were satisfied by an illusion of choice, when your real choices were limited to 1 or 2 trivial points into mostly useless talents (do I want 2% less mana costs or to take 2% less damage from spells?) - now you have 6 talent points to spend on 18 significantly more useful talents.

- Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    These things were both put into place to stop problems for Arenas. Time invested tended to trump skill in play, and once you held on to a rank, it was harder to topple you simply because the later you waited in the season to get started, the harder it was to acquire the gear to be on a level playing field. PvP is mostly about outplaying your opponents, not outgearing them.

- Removal of shared raid lockouts
    I quite enjoy not having to run the same instance 4 times a week to optimize my performance, thank you.

It seems you're more nostalgic about WotLK than actually thinking about what would be best for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    What exactly is the problem people have with LFR and LFD?
    According to some, it's for scrubs, basement dwellers, and in general kills off the social aspect of the game.

Deleted
    - Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    I wouldn't resub for any of those changes, but for the sake of argument my thoughts on the points:
    - Flying mounts: Would be worse than it is now actually. Mostly because all I'd do in the old world is: going to instances to farm a mount, or level an alt.
    - LFR: Though it hast its bad points: I like it. So no removal plx.
    - LFD: What's the point? LFD is usually a great escape if a group of level 90s is camping your questhub and killing the npcs.
    - Factions / CRZ: Removal of CRZ would be awesome. Balanced factions: Playing on a ~90% horde server (as horde), I like it how it is. Sometimes you get attacked doing your dailies, but usually when you want to do them you can. But, in the beginning of the addon (befor the free char transfers for our realm), I was on a ~90% ally server, with queues of about 3k in the evening. For that server a split would be good, a merge: no way.
    - Item squish: Don't care. The numbers are bigger, but I don't see the problem.
    - Less CC: Those times I did a little PvP, CC was really annoying. To stand there for about 80% of a game and do nothing is, in my opinion, not fun. Same goes for "you can't do that while stunned, you can't do that while stunned, you can't do that while stunned, you're dead".
    - Old Talents: Also a sidegrade. Don't see many advantages / disadvantages either way.
    - Arenas: Don't care.
    - Shared raid lockouts: I think that would burn me out too fast nowadays, still I'd want to do it to get the optimum out of my char. So no.

- Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor no
    - Removal of LFR Yes
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters No
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ Yes
    - Item squish to WotLK level Yes
    - Less CC Yes
    - Old Talents Yes
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again NO
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts Don't care

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor (Maybe)
    - Removal of LFR (Actually as a returning player I would be unpleased especially the only other way to gear would be heroics and dailies so no)
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters (Make it LFD only available for 89 and below then yes)
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ (Yes definitley)
    - Item squish to WotLK level (Yes. I just hate seeing tanks soon with 1M hp and normal damage being 100k. I know where heroes and such but it seems kinda silly to me)
    - Less CC (Yes)
    - Old Talents (Yes in a heartbeat. The new ones just... I hate them)
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again (Don't care, not a hardcore PVP'er)
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts (Also yes in a heartbeat especially if they revert back to wrath style of 10/25 mans separate lockouts)

What would make me resub is a better community and the things mentioned above. Oh and wipe pandaria and revert most of what cata has brought us like LFR just keep heroics every major patch as a way to gear up. That's why I'm resubbing next expac hoping it would be better.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-07-27 at 05:56 PM.

No. This august I'm going to unsub. And no, this changes are noit going to bring me back. I put some bold characters because tools are not the problem in wow, the mechanism and the direction that is going is the problem that I see (in my opinion).

- Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor A good start, but they need to change all the game and create a new one to accomplish that. I can't see anything good if they remove the flying mounts from day to night. The community is lazy, they only want to raid+do dailys+take rewards and all the things between are boring and they need to be done faster.
    - Removal of LFR And hardmode will stay? No, I prefer a traditional game-mode: First bosses easy, mid bosses medium difficult and last bosses really hard, maybe with an option hardcore boss that needs a quest-chain (legendary maybe) to enter his room.
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters No again. A tool that give the user the opportunity to make partys is good idea, but not like a queue, maybe like a chat-tool that merge users from other servers. Make a group with people that you don't know but you should trust to advance is what I liked from old dungeons.
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ The new tool that can "semi-merge" servers is a nice update to the game.
    - Item squish to WotLK level No!!! Never!!! I liked the item-stats of vanilla. You never had the BiS because you had other stats that didn't give anything good to you. BC created what is now the ilvl-tag with a lot of "perfect items". So wotLK/ cata/ MoP/ BC items aren't really fun for me.
    - Less CC I imagine a nice try vs heroic dungeons from BC with all that new CCs, and it seems funny .
    - Old Talents I don't like the new ones. Skilltrees are really good option, but not the old talent trees. I find that talents are the most characteristic difference between users, and Blizzard don't know what to do to maintain that.
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again No PvP here since early cata, so I can't say anything
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts Like I said, only one difficult-mode= only one lockout. So not an option for me.

Deleted

- Removal of LFR

I'd see that as posititive but dont really care much about it.

Id see this as negative. If it would be available only for 89 and lower, maybe.. no one wanted to do low level dungeons but the highest level were still busy before they introduced this.

Don't care about this.

YES!!! Although Id prefer theyd do it to vanilla level.

- Less CC

Would quit over this one again and QQ on the forums:P

- Old Talents

Yes and no, old ones werent perfect, new ones are just bad, maybe something with more choice?

No, this was a good change and I dont really care about arenas, making them optional would be great.

No

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Shamanberry;21893003]
    Accomplishes nothing but making old dungeons harder to solo. You could write an addon to make prettier numbers if you want and it would accomplish the same thing with no downsides.

Generally I like that you've taken time to give a full opinion on each, whether I agree or not. This however really bugs me as it's been said so so so very many times that item squish would apply to everything and not affect older content.

I'm with several others, those changes would drive me further away not bring me back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooooooo lets make the game shit?

Thr only thing that I pretty much agree with is instant CC.

only 1 thing is problem from those psoted aboe

CRZ

I like bringing with you friends from other realms
    but not seeing on every map all players from all realms
    that SUCKS

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no you aren't taking my flying mount away from me I'd quit in a heart beat lol

Deleted
    - Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

Why do you even assume that someone wants to come back into a game after You ruined the game?

OT: I can take changes, but this, I'll rather quit before it goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

Hell No. Infact that would make more people quit

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

not at all, lfr has its purposes)
    hate this idea- need to practice in dungeons b4 max level)
    (I LOVE the idea of removing crz)
    I am a fan of the item squish idd)
    ( Depends what you mean- less cc in pvp but we need more cc in pve)
    ( not old talents but more choices- despite what they said, current talents are often too cookie cutter

I would also add a separate talent tier for pvp for each spec- including favorite talents for each spec but not solely so. This would solve pve vs pvp balancing issues and could also extend it to gear- There just solved problems with pvp apart from the money drops
    Last edited by Jeire; 2013-07-27 at 06:42 PM.

This is the problem with the community. good feedback is RARE. People only take to the forums to complain, the subs aren't going down because people prefer older Xpacks, and want them back. The biggest cause is the popularity of F2P games. Many people don't see the justification for paying a subscription when many other, quite good MMO's are free. If these changes you mention went into place, the game would sharply loose a hell of allot more subs than it would otherwise. It would please the 5 people that post this on the wow forums every now and then though. The games fine, nothing needs to be changed. People just need to start praising blizzards good work, instead of people only nitpicking their dislikes.

No game lasts forever, not even wow . Its still going strong and has a many more years left in it. 7.7m subs, is still more than any other sub-based mmo in history. I don't get why people make a big deal out of sub dips.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2013-07-27 at 06:46 PM.