Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    cut out sugar, refined flour and wheat. i dropped 12 pounds in 2 weeks when i first did this. exercise 3 times a week and stop counting calories. if you only consume foods your body processes and are beneficial, you're fine.

Its doable but almost certainly going to be the result of unhealthy or unsustainable dietry and fitness changes for 'the average person'. (implying the weight will come back on when you realise you just cant keep it up). If you have an unusual level of self disipline and conviction things may be different, but most of the population doesnt (or more people would simply lose weight like this more often).

Its less doable if you have less fat to lose, aka if you're already thin or only a little overweight. If you are obese then its more doable, but the first sentence still applies.

For anything more specific you need to see a dr because none of us know 100% your situation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Eat plenty of protein and fat fish. 1000 calories is only an issue if you neglect nutrition.
    If you're going down in weight and not up, why would you want proteins?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It's either the dream body or the social life. Really, nobody is going to look down on you if you're not drinking.
    Of course not but It would be pretty boring and frustrating. Besides I don't plan on drinking that much, maybe once a week or even less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    cut out sugar, refined flour and wheat. i dropped 12 pounds in 2 weeks when i first did this. exercise 3 times a week and stop counting calories. if you only consume foods your body processes and are beneficial, you're fine.
    My current diet is vegetables, soy bread, vitamin supplements and once a week a vegetarian pizza, ice cream, chocolate or something alcoholic.

I hope you realise its not possible to drop 12 pounds of body mass in 2 weeks with the scenario you described. You will indeed have lost some weight, a few kg even, but the rest is water weight. You didnt drop 12 pounds of pure fat with the scenario you described.

12 pounds of fat is something like 40 000-45 000 calories. If you burnt that off in 14 days you are implying your body burned 2800+ calories a day. If you know anything about nutrition you'd know how stupid this even sounds to read. Id expect this to drift near the realms of possibility for someone whos mildly to morbidly obese and on an diet/exercise program similar to something extreme like the biggest loser, or someone at the highest level of elite level fitness training who just got back from a holiday after putting on a tummy - neither scenario which I suspect applies here.

OP, beware people who make claims like this and imply that 'you can do it too'. A lot of the time they dont even know what they're talking about and claims can be misleading. Losing a lot of weight (especially in a short period) is NOT necessarily the same as losing body mass, which is likely what you are striving to do.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-07-27 at 06:40 PM.

If you're going down in weight and not up, why would you want proteins?
    you clearly do not know how the human body functions or what it needs. you really are doing this poster a disservice by posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    This might sound a little shallow but college starts in about a month for me and I want to be in perfect shape for that, to give a good first impression and not to be remembered as the "fat chick". Im still 12 pounds too heavy for my ideal weight and been working really hard to achieve but lately I've dropped my daily calories to around 1000 and have been feeling nauseous and odd. I know it's only temporary and although I dont exactly feel hungry most of the time, it's still concerning. I felt fine on 1500 calories but I don't have a lot of time left and I plan on drinking quite a bit which would make it much harder to count the calories:P
    You didn't mention anything about exercising. Is that part of this attempt to lose weight or are you just dieting? If it's just dieting then there really is no healthy way to lose that kind of weight in one month.

Bolded portions from your post:
    If your diet is making you feel bad then there's something wrong. If you told us what it is that you eat, that would help a bit. Odds are you're not on a particularly well rounded diet (especially not at 1000 calories) and as such you're not getting all of your essential nutrients.

If you plan on drinking a lot (and I'm guessing by this you mean alcohol) then you're not doing yourself any favors in the "losing weight" department. If you're already skimping on calories, you can't afford to get no nutritional benefit from the ones you are getting.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2013-07-27 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I hope you realise its not possible to drop 12 pounds of body mass in 2 weeks with the scenario you described. You might have lose some weight, but the rest is water weight. You didnt drop 12 pounds of pure fat.
    yes, i lost water weight by not consuming things the body turns into fat cells. thank you brainiac.

Well, I never wanted to be an athlete and never wanted to do any body building in any sense of the word but I still have quite a few fat rolls left and I started from 175 lb which is pretty big, I think..

Its not really about being accepted, I think Im odd enough and being overweight on top of that isn't very good Besides I want to be small and cute not "that big chick".
    Cardio, which is what really burns fat, is not considered bodybuilding.
    If you are not willing to do any of it, then unhealthy dieting and moderate weight loss is the way to go, I guess.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2013-07-27 at 06:36 PM.

It's DEFINITELY doable, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose (you lose it faster the more you have to lose, but as you keep losing it, it will slow down). But it would be difficult to sustain it over a long period of time. Not healthily, at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    you clearly do not know how the human body functions or what it needs. you really are doing this poster a disservice by posting in this thread.
    No, I'm just saying - Why would you want basically nothing else than proteins in your diet if you're going down in weight? You're aware of what carbs do? Fat? Energy? Head? I mean you know that proteins can't support it all?

So instead of being 'that fat chick' you'll be 'that shallow chick who put on a bunch of weight because she fucked her metabolism up by drastic dieting'

Besides I want to be small and cute not "that big chick".
    I tell you this with 100% honesty and sincerity. EVEN if you lift weights, which I recommend you do, you WILL NOT get "big" unless you really, really, really fucking try.

Gaining muscle isn't easy. You'll have to lift HEAVY and have an incredibly high protein intake. Some even have difficulty putting on mass without additional supplementation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Dropped 12lbs in 3weeks by just dropping all the unhealthy food I ate before that. Only exercise I did was 1hour of tennis every week/some walking to the store.
    Oh and I wasn't even _that_ fat to begin with.
    All those diets and shizz just make you feel bad, just keep eating but make sure you are putting stuff inside you that is not unhealthy and you will lose weight.

No, I'm just saying - Why would you want basically nothing else than proteins in your diet if you're going down in weight? You're aware of what carbs do? Fat? Energy? Head? I mean you know that proteins can't support it all?
    carbs in things like green vegetables are good, animal and dairy fats are good, protein is good. you being a knee-jerk reacting douche is bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you dropped 12 pounds - 5,4 KG = 42 000 Kcal in 2 weeks. Meaning you burned about 3000 additional calories, over the average 2000 kcal a day ( leaving us at 5000 kcal a day)? Right.

the simple advice, don't treat your mouth like a clown car and hop on a treadmill.

- - - Updated - - -

So you dropped 12 pounds - 5,4 KG = 42 000 Kcal in 2 weeks. Meaning you burned about 3000 additional calories, over the average 2000 kcal a day ( leaving us at 5000 kcal a day)? Right.
    or i only consumed food the human body handles well and uses beneficially. why are people who have any interest in anime(judging by your avatar) such insufferable cunts?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-07-27 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You didn't mention anything about exercising. Is that part of this attempt to lose weight or are you just dieting? If it's just dieting then there really is no healthy way to lose that kind of weight in one month.

Bolded portions from your post:
    If your diet is making you feel bad then there's something wrong. If you told us what it is that you eat, that would help a bit. Odds are you're not on a particularly well rounded diet (especially not at 1000 calories) and as such you're not getting all of your essential nutrients.

If you plan on drinking a lot (and I'm guessing by this you mean alcohol) then you're not doing yourself any favors in the "losing weight" department. If you're already skimping on calories, you can't afford to get no nutritional benefit from the ones you are getting.
    Yea, this is why I made this thread. Otherwise it should be enough but Im getting really concerned, I shouldnt be feeling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Cardio, which is what really burns fat, is not considered bodybuilding.
    If you are not willing to do any of it, then unhealthy dieting and moderate weight loss is the way to go, I guess.
    I know but Im already doing it 3-4 times a week, for 40 minutes (jogging 3 miles at a time) up from twice a week, 20 minutes each time.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    carbs in things like green vegetables are good, animal and dairy fats are good, protein is good. you being a knee-jerk reacting douche is bad.
    What? It's you that reacted so silly pretending you're supposed to eat just proteins. Why not give OP a protein box with a spoon? Here, eat this OP. This will get your weight dropping asap as my " 12 LBs in 2 weeks " (5k kcal a day SILLY) You're so full of nothing man.

- - - Updated - - -

or i only consumed food the human body handles well and uses beneficially. why are people who have any interest in anime(judging by your avatar) such insufferable cunts?
    Dude, there's no way you can burn 5000 kcal a day. Stop lying. It doesn't matter what you consume, no.

yes, i lost water weight by not consuming things the body turns into fat cells. thank you brainiac.
    As Kezotar and myself accurately pointed out - your assertion that you lost 12 pounds of body fat in 2 weeks is as ridiculous as it is stupid. You shouldnt be telling other people they're doing a disservice to this thread when you're making such ludicrous claims yourself.

Please refer to either of our posts detailing exactly how many calories 12 pounds of body fat is and how much it would mean you need to burn per day.

As readers of this thread will notice - many people are simply uneducated or naive when it comes to matters like this. They genuinely believe silly claims like its possible to lose X weight in Y time, because they simply dont know (or care) about what the facts are and how nutrition works. And thats of course in part why the health industry is such a money maker - it preys on peoples naivety or lack of education and lets you believe that 'YES - it is possible, and easy too' when the real answer is not quite as simple or glamorous.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-07-27 at 06:46 PM.