Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No it's you who should go and read what I replied to.
    He was saying that it is okay to deny healthcare for self-inflicted conditions. And after being called on it - he made a step back and remembered that the guy is an immigrant. So he just justified denying healthcare to immigrants because they are... duh... not citizens yet.
    Sigh, Please learn some reading comprehension, it helps to not make yourself look silly, He never forgot that, You just failed at being a smart ass, Good job

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    My first post in this thread, at no stage did I forget he was an immigrant.
    I never said you forgot.
    You said in your first post (to which I didn't reply btw) that he would be a burden to healthcare
    You were reminded that the purpose of healthcare system is to provide healthcare.
    To which you replied that it's a self-inflicted condition.
    You were called on that assertion.
    You shifted to "immigrant" and "foreign" part. And tried to justified it that way.
    Which is of course silly, because the guy is obviously working and paying taxes so he is in no way a burden to anyone.
    Do you have anything to say to that? Or will you continue to say that your memory works perfectly - which I never questioned. And my use of "remembered" was purely metaphorical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Sigh, Please learn some reading comprehension, it helps to not make yourself look silly, He never forgot that, You just failed at being a smart ass, Good job
    I never said he "forgot", So what was that about reading comprehension?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    If the guy is actively trying to lose weight, don't you think kicking him out is going to have the opposite effect? Seriously, if the guy is making progress, they shouldn't kick him out.

Really messed up him being overweight gives them no right to do that, though who would want to live in new zealand anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Really messed up him being overweight gives them no right to do that, though who would want to live in new zealand anyway.
    Definitely not fat people, apparently.

Deleted
    I never said you forgot.
    You said in your first post (to which I didn't reply btw) that he would be a burden to healthcare
    You were reminded that the purpose of healthcare system is to provide healthcare.
    You shifted to "immigrant" and "foreign" part. And tried to justified it that way.
    Which is of course silly, because the guy is obviously working and paying taxes so he is in no way a burden to anyone.
    Do you have anything to say to that? Or will you continue to say that your memory works perfectly - which I never questioned. And my use of "remembered" was purely metaphorical.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I cannot defend myself from metaphors.

Its one thing to treat your own citizens, you open up a whole can of worms when you start letting in immigrants that will be a strain to the system.
    So immigrants don't pay taxes, then?

He was accepted when he was at 160kg, but then he is rejected for having 130-120kg?

Does not make any sense, unless the law changed during those years.

Regardless, sounds incredibly inhumane to EVICT a family out of their entire lives/house/friends - with no prior warning - because a person is overweight?

Its one thing to treat your own citizens, you open up a whole can of worms when you start letting in immigrants that will be a strain to the system.
    Ahhh so discriminating against immigrants is ok then I get it. Thats just a wee bit hyprocritical of them lol especially give they have lived there for 6 years ....

Citizens can do what they like they all get free healthcare... want to work and live in the country and contribute to the economy and are not a citizen.. well now you have be healthy and fit before we let you work in the country so you can pay for our citizens health care! because you won't need it. If you do need it or even have a risk of needing it we won;t let you in! .... sigh

Bureaucracy gone mad....
    Last edited by Shakari; 2013-07-27 at 08:37 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    now, i dislike obese people as much as the next guy, but if he could work, was planning on working/already working and could benefit to society i don't see the problems. if he was working and paying taxes he's not leeching off their healthcare.
    sure if he was too fat to be able to work, deny him all you want.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, just read the article, they had already been living there for 6years? yeah seems pretty stupid reason to kick them out after they have already been there for 6years!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said you forgot.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, there you go again! Just stop, please You're being silly now, no point trying to argue with pure sillyness, But, one last time, Try and read it carefully, and about, 4-5 times, it might make it a little easier to understand, ~~~~~Stop saying he "shifted" to the immigrant crap, that is not what he did, that was his point all along, that he is a burden, on foreign healthcare, I guess you don't know, but "foreign" means, he is an "Immigrant", Now, was that easier for you? or are you going to keep bullshitting lol

I doubt that being overweight was the only reason why he faces a deportation. Perhaps, his food was not tasty enough.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, there you go again! Just stop, please
    Just one question. If it's all about an immigrant being a burden on foreign healthcare... how does the "self-inflicted condition" argument fit in? How is it even relevant?
    He's an immigrant - he will be a burden (he of course will not, but for the sake of Rich's argument) to the foreign healthcare whether his condition was self-inflicted or not. He has it and it will be a burden. Right? So why even make such an argument? Reading comprehension is good and stuff but logic overrules every-time. Try it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one question. If it's all about an immigrant being a burden on foreign healthcare... how does the "self-inflicted condition" argument fit in? How is it even relevant?
    He's an immigrant - he will be a burden (he of course will not, but for the sake of Rich's argument) to the foreign healthcare whether his condition was self-inflicted or not. He has it and it will be a burden. Right? So why even make such an argument? Reading comprehension is good and stuff but logic overrules every-time. Try it.
    You just said it yourself... Being an immigrant doesn't mean you are a burden(if going on that logic), But if you eat yourself fat, then you're making yourself a burden, How is that not obvious? You can't be a burden to something you don't use, but a self inflicted issue like this, will have a greater chance of causing him to be a burden, and thus, using the healthcare, that, had he taken care of himself, wouldn't be using.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just said it yourself... Being an immigrant doesn't mean you are a burden(if going on that logic), But if you eat yourself fat, then you're making yourself a burden, How is that not obvious? You can't be a burden to something you don't use, but a self inflicted issue like this, will have a greater chance of causing him to be a burden, and thus, using the healthcare, that, had he taken care of himself, wouldn't be using.
    And we are back to "healthcare is there to provide healthcare", not just be there and deny access.
    Every issue is self-inflicted. That was already covered. And I don't understand why are you bringing this up again?
    And he is not a burden, as he is paying taxes, that is he is paying for healthcare, that is he is entitled to it. Denying him healthcare would be STEALING from him.

So what was that about logic? You've none.

You can't be a burden to something you are entitled to.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-07-27 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the sheep find him too fat? I KID I KID NZ

It seems a tad off.... I mean its an odd policy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Lol are you serious so what is Peter Jackson skinny?

Not saying that the chef doesn't deserve to be here, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Peter Jackson was born here, the chef is an immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Not saying that the chef doesn't deserve to be here, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Peter Jackson was born here, the chef is an immigrant.
    I'm not sure why the distinction should be important if they both have jobs, pay their taxes, and are productive members of society. Natural born citizens can be just as big a drain on the system as any immigrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we are back to "healthcare is there to provide healthcare", not just be there and deny access.
    Every issue is self-inflicted. That was already covered. And I don't understand why are you bringing this up again?
    And he is not a burden, as he is paying taxes, that is he is paying for healthcare, that is he is entitled to it. Denying him healthcare would be STEALING from him.

So what was that about logic? You've none.

You can't be a burden to something you are entitled to.
    Edit: There is no point in trying, some people are so dense they just can't be spoken too, waste of time trying lol

Infracted: Please post constructively and don't post just to insult other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-07-28 at 12:08 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every condition is self-inflicted apart from genetic ones (these are parents-inflicted - and too should not be covered by healthcare).
    You think that if it's a parents fault that a child has health parents that the child shouldn't be able to get help for it. I'll take the ban and call you a troll, stupid, or both.

Infracted: Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-07-28 at 12:09 AM.