Deleted

Help with my new GFX card

I have a GTX 460 and it runs fine, my brother bought a GTX 650ti and it wont pass the mother board splash screen/freeze, so I tried it in my pc and its doing the same, has he bought a duff card any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by dante7154 View Post
    I have a GTX 460 and it runs fine, my brother bought a GTX 650ti and it wont pass the mother board splash screen/freeze, so I tried it in my pc and its doing the same, has he bought a duff card any help would be great
    Probably bad card. One easy thing to check is if the fan on the card spins or is it blocked by something.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    might also be outdated mobo specc wise/bios wise?

Deleted
    It might be the mobo is too old a Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by dante7154 View Post
    It might be the mobo is too old a Asus M3N-HT Deluxe
    The odds for that card not working on two different motherboards is pretty close to zero unless you both have the exact same mobo. I'd say 99% chance the card is DOA.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Same make but different mobo but the fan on the gfx card does spin just I get frozen on the mobo splash screen

Could try BIOS update then to see if that fixes anything.
    Trolling should be.

Set your speakers to max, start the PC do you hear the Windows welcome sound? If yes, you have to take control of that PC with a different PC and play with the settings a bit. Experienced it before that my 6950 (Asus) didnt want to display anything through VGA but only with HDMI/dvi so I had to use a TV to fix it which is another way to do that.

You can flash the bios, but if this card is under warranty, I would just get a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be bad drivers, try downloading the latest drivers for the card.
    Last edited by ognomad; 2013-07-28 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    Drivers aren't loaded yet when it crashes during POST.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    unless you somehow mean firmware... no, as Vesseblah pointed out Drivers aren't loaded at this time..

I'm with the bad card group in here, if you replace it and get another than something to do with the mobo's bios needing an update/flash