Poll: Would you play on Vanilla/TBC server?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

didn't enjoy vanilla that much aside from it being new and my first mmo, and TBC was ok at the time, i liked some of the raids, but looking back i would never play it again, a lot of the stuff about the game sucked back then, and it would no longer be new and interesting to me.
    i just don't see the fun in it, Kara was a cool raid, but only for the first few times.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    Have you ever heard idea of progressive server? Vanilla>tbc>wotlk>cata>mop>next expansion. You can have your journey from start up until newest expansion if you want to. Let's say every expansion will last 1 year up to max 1,5 year.
    Open ONE vanilla server, when time come move to TBC and so on, its that simple and eventually that kind of realm will catch up to current version so ppl saying there will be no new content just cant use brain and think that having legacy server does not mean to stay that way forever.
    It still wouldn't be new content since you've already cleared it before. The only thing that would happen is that you'd clear each raid the same week it's released since you've already done if before and you know all the strategies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played all the expansions and enjoyed them, but I do not wish to return to them. With even less chance of getting dungeon groups or raids, even battlegrounds. And the maintenance would be more expensive too.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-27 at 11:55 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wrath server in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    There's more than enough interest. Just check the EU forums about 3 threads were opened the same day asking for classic/bc server and blizz will always say no.
    Because it's usually the vocal minority that uses the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The magic and awesomeness of vanilla/tbc was in the naivety and newness of everything.

Been there, done that. It can never be the same on a revisit without a brain wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Let's imagine that Blizzard made some Vanilla or TBC servers. Would you play on them or would you stick to the latest content?

EDIT: I'm not asking if Blizzard would make those servers. I'm asking if you would play on them.
    No, and I'm as sick of the people asking about these 'classic' servers as I am of people who whine about the Blizzard store.

This is never, ever going to happen. People need to get that through their thick-ass heads. Never. I saw that some moron made not one but THREE topics about this that all got locked in the past 24 hours - I hope he got forumbanned. How annoying.

As for the people saying that the servers would die after two weeks, people would get bored, etc... I'm playing on Emerald Dream private server and this server has been around for about 1.5 years now and has continuously stayed high population, multiple guilds clearing all content, tiered releases of raids, etc. Sure, most people don't want to do classic/TBC servers, just like most don't do pet battles or pvp or whatever else (raids)... but SOME people would enjoy it and I think the service would be about as cost-effective to develop as things like pet-battles. Even if they get 5% more people playing the game and keeping subs, and then maybe trying out new expansions since they are already paying for the subs, it would be worth it money wise. To be honest if a group of unpaid, f2play servers can thrive with no money behind them then Blizzard would have no problems supporting this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Because it's usually the vocal minority that uses the forums.
    3 threads were opened because the previous one(s) got locked, not because of unique, separate interest from 3 individuals.

I would play the TBC server(s), not the vanilla *shudder*. Vanilla wasn't as great as people make it out to be. It really isn't, it was large scale in raids, thats all it had going for it. Anybody remember living bomb on baron? No? How about BWL with priests? No? I could go on, those were the 2 biggest I encountered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maloreon View Post
    As for the people saying that the servers would die after two weeks, people would get bored, etc... I'm playing on Emerald Dream private server and this server has been around for about 1.5 years now and has continuously stayed high population, multiple guilds clearing all content, tiered releases of raids, etc. Sure, most people don't want to do classic/TBC servers, just like most don't do pet battles or pvp or whatever else (raids)... but SOME people would enjoy it and I think the service would be about as cost-effective to develop as things like pet-battles. Even if they get 5% more people playing the game and keeping subs, and then maybe trying out new expansions since they are already paying for the subs, it would be worth it money wise. To be honest if a group of unpaid, f2play servers can thrive with no money behind them then Blizzard would have no problems supporting this.
    A bunch of cheap idiots who want to play the game without paying for it aren't really a good metric for what Blizzard should do for the game.

I'd stick to the latest content. I don't have overly fond memories of classic/TBC. I mean they still have some of my favorite dungeons and raids, but the actual content and gameplay were pretty bad. Now if we could get the classic raids remade for 10/25 raiding and with slightly updated mechanics (i.e. not a 100% remake like the Cata ZG, but some extra stuff so mechanics aren't just dispel debuffs/enrages) I would enjoy that a lot more.

I love how you literally refused to respond to data and facts and gave an emotional response that dismissed an entire group of people, many of whom DO play for live wow (myself), who also enjoy classic. Brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Emerald Dream is actually doing fantastic and having a very high population (queues even), no wonder since this is a progressive realm meaning gated release of instances which makes it imo the only worthwhile pvt realm.

But no use, the naysayers here will keep saying that 'nobody will like it, nostalgia blabla' because they don't like it and can't imagine someone else that would actually like to play vanilla. I mean, who the hell are you guys to tell me what I don't like? I can judge content perfectly without nostalgia clouding me, do not project your inability to do so onto others.

I'd probably play on them a little just for shits and giggles, but I expect it would get old really fast. The only thing I'd really want to do is run level 60 Naxx and see if it's as hard as everyone says it was. I started playing the game around the time the AQ War Effort thing was going on, but I never got to see Naxx in its original form because I wasn't in a guild capable of doing 40-man raids back in those days. I think that's about the only thing I'd be interested in doing though.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-28 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    3 threads were opened because the previous one(s) got locked, not because of unique, separate interest from 3 individuals.
    And they were locked because it was a duplicate thread, not because they reached the post limit.

Something is seriously wrong if you think a majority of players wants vanilla/tbc servers.

The fact is that the people who starts those threads on the blizzards forum is a part of a vocal minority.

No. And anyone who claims that they WOULD play on them would probably change their minds after a month or two. That's the real problem -- even if there are thousands who want it, they wouldn't stick with it long enough for it to be profitable.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard have said before they don't want to support older versions of the game, they want to support the game moving forward. though if there is enough support for it, maybe they will trial it in the future and see how popular it is.

ive played on some private servers for tbc and vanilla before, once i realise how much evertthing sucked back then i usually stop :\ there is a few bits i like, but i just didn't find it fun doing it a second time, and missed a lot of the quality of life changes we've had since then, just little bits that dont seem like a big deal now, but compared to old ways is just amazing.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    A bunch of cheap idiots who want to play the game without paying for it aren't really a good metric for what Blizzard should do for the game.
    you are idiot with no brain. Im not gonna pay for game that i dont like aka MoP/Cata but i wanna play vanilla so i have kinda no other choice then chose 1.12 private server. And dont call ppl cheap idiots only because they dont like how retail is now days.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-28 at 12:14 AM.

I wish they would, so people would realize how trash it was and finally appreciate the current state of the game.