Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    No news on one feature during a PTR for three weeks? Cancellation confirmed!

Don't be so ridiculous. If they'd given up on it they'd have said. No news is good news and all that.
    Inability to read the word Maybe in the op and then assuming I assume its confirmed. Check. Be serious, anytime they know for sure a feature will be added, they give All of the details. We got the announcement of flex raid with a giant blog detailing every possible detail in depth. I am not saying its been confirmed to be canceled. I am saying, past experience shows that their unwillingness to give any more information on it does ring familiar. Particularly when they are unsure if the feature will go as planned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's been the PTR for a bit now. Looks like it's a lock for 5.4
    It can't really be tested on PTR other than to see if the basic feature is working.

I imagine it will be glitchy and maybe kind of bad occasionally for the first month or two, but I'm glad it's coming.

It's desperately needed, so I expect that they have already had it working for quite some time, and in reality it is probably THE feature of 5.4 and maybe THE feature of MoP (like LFR turned out to be THE feature of Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It can't really be tested on PTR other than to see if the basic feature is working.

I imagine it will be glitchy and maybe kind of bad occasionally for the first month or two, but I'm glad it's coming.

It's desperately needed, so I expect that they have already had it working for quite some time, and in reality it is probably THE feature of 5.4 and maybe THE feature of MoP (like LFR turned out to be THE feature of Cataclysm).
    Of course it can be tested on the PTR. What about it couldn't ? There are multiple realms on the PTR.

Also I know plenty of folks who would argue that xmog was THE feature of Cata :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I surely hope not. The dead realms issue is one of the things they need to fix if they ever want to stop the steep decline of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It's been a very long time since virtual realms was announced. Since the announcement we have gotten no new information. They say they will give us tons in a blog post coming up. I've been waiting (since something on mmo-champ mentioned possible cross realm heirlooms) for more information, yet its still not here. Im not expert, but I don't think it would take all that long to quickly type of 5-6 paragraphs of what the heck is this information. Im starting to think they took on one to many big projects for 5.4 and maybe virtual realms fell behind.
    I sure hope so. Virtual realms will be even worse than CRZ and LFR.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I sure hope so. Virtual realms will be even worse than CRZ and LFR.

How is merging servers a bad thing? I think you're probably the first one I've seen that would be against it.

Deleted
    They can't give up on it, low population realms are starting to plummit in activity and have been for a while. On my server the other evening I was in a group looking for the last member to do a HC scenario... we didn't get a reply... I did a /who 90 and found 35 people online... we ended up with someone from another realm (which has happened quite a few times now)... other times the groups disbanded.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they don't send you a message every day about it, doesn't mean it's cancelled lol, Chillax brony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Explain to me how virtual realms is a bad thing. While you are at it explain how xrealm zones are even a bad thing. You are mad because you cant abuse low pop servers anymore. Get over it.
    People like me view this as a bad thing because it's a bandaid solution to a problem blizz made themselves out of their unwillingness to simply let go off server transfer fees. They just go leaf and bounds to figure out some akward clunky systems instead of just stop screwing around and do it like a K.I.S.S ( Keep it simple stupid). How? Simple login server and change realms into channels like any decent F2P MMO these days. And NO... dont give me the "not enough resources" or "It's hard-coded" bullturd. Do you really expect me to believe that after how they changed other seemingly "hard-coded" features like looting? or better yet. Do they expect people to believe that they cant deal with something in their own creation they had been working on for almost a decade?

People are mad because they are fed up with this bullturd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except virtual realms removes a lot of what made CRZ suck by unifying economies.
    But have they/can they fix the problems with disconnects and passenger mounts? The bits of lag here and there? Problems with players being out of phase sometimes after taking flight paths?

I dual box and disconnect several times a day from it. I realize not everyone dual-boxes and not everyone frequently has passengers riding on their two seater mounts (if they even have one) but that still indicates a MAJOR instability in CRZ (and therefore the Virtual Realm) system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    People like me view this as a bad thing because it's a bandaid solution to a problem blizz made themselves out of their unwillingness to simply let go off server transfer fees. They just go leaf and bounds to figure out some akward clunky systems instead of just stop screwing around and do it like a K.I.S.S ( Keep it simple stupid). How? Simple login server and change realms into channels like any decent F2P MMO these days. And NO... dont give me the "not enough resources" or "It's hard-coded" bullturd. Do you really expect me to believe that after how they changed other seemingly "hard-coded" features like looting? or better yet. Do they expect people to believe that they cant deal with something in their own creation they had been working on for almost a decade?

This. CRZ introduced a lot of bugs into the game (dual-boxing has become a real pain because they can't seem to fix the passenger mount bugs/DCs), and it's been a real blight for those of us that aren't on low population servers. Hell, I'm on one of the servers people (and entire raiding guilds) have moved to because we were healthy (if you're horde - not so for alliance) so we're even BIGGER and we still have CRZ shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why would CRZ still be in effect? That would only serve to make things harder. With underpopulated realms merged with higher pop realms, the need for crz should go away.

CRZ is dependent on zone population, not realm population. You could have 1,000,000 on your server (for the sake of argument) but if you only had 3 people in Nagrand, they should expect to see CRZ in effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    "
    Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds
    So, if let's say subs drop 1 mil more, a single group of fused realms will drop players, the remaining players will just move to the most populated 'group' as they are doing now, transfering to Kazzak and Dreanor etc. What are they going to do, add another realm to their group for balance? But what will happen to the group they 'steal' that realm from in regards to crossrealm guilds? Won't single groups just die off just as they are now in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post

Is English not your native language? I've read this three times and still can't even get a clue the message you're trying to convey. I don't understand how merging servers is a band aid solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Is English not your native language? I've read this three times and still can't even get a clue the message you're trying to convey. I don't understand how merging servers is a band aid solution.
    Ask Fhina to help you understand then. S/he doesnt have any problems understanding my message mr. prescriptive grammar.

Truth of the matter is they have waited too long for a solution and now that they have one they are giving out too few details.

They should just be closing some server down and let the people on those servers transfer to a server that they choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope not! im hoping it gives me more people to world pvp with! pandaria feels empty on just one server :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    If these virtual realms don't fix my server's problem with dead pvp guilds, I'm moving out of defias brotherhood to another battlegroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    If these virtual realms don't fix my server's problem with dead pvp guilds, I'm moving out of defias brotherhood to another battlegroup.
    I would chose a good server for pvp. Don't base your choice on a system that is no longer in play. They are removing it from being in use in arenas too, so pretty much battlegroup wont be used for anything at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virtual realms are live on PTR right now, I was on one of the servers and got guild invite spam from a different server.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Virtual realms are live on PTR right now, I was on one of the servers and got guild invite spam from a different server.
    Is the merged AH up and running?