Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is there no item to speed up smelting?

Cooking has the hat. Who else would love to see a similar item for smelting? Nothing worse than waiting a half hour to smelt the ore in my bags. Can't do anything else while this happens, and not only that, the game constantly glitches every 10 to 20 smelts and the process has to be started again, so you can't just walk away and leave it. Very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you've got some other problems if it keeps stopping because I've never had that issue before or even heard of anyone having a problem like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

lol, try milling, it needs more help than your smelting does.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think you've got some other problems if it keeps stopping because I've never had that issue before or even heard of anyone having a problem like that.
    Never was a problem on my old server. I recently made an alt on Illidan though (overcrowded), and the constant stream of trade chat seems to mess it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried going to an unpopulated city and leaving trade chat while smelting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    lol, try milling, it needs more help than your smelting does.
    At least the milling goes more quickly. You can make a macro and simply hit the button. Takes half the time to mill a few bags of herbs than to smelt a lot of ore. Or course, you can't walk away at all from that process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Have you tried going to an unpopulated city and leaving trade chat while smelting?
    Nah, but would be worth a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your bags are full the game has been really picky/buggy about filling that last slot with crafted stuff properly since like... pre-MoP.

Deleted
    Nope smelting is pretty fast and easy. What they said that your claim of a glitch every 10-20 smelts sounds like your problem and not one of the game. I have never had that problem from smelting over many years on different servers.

The key difference with smelting is that you go away and it still carries on smelting for you. Milling , prospecting, disenchanting all take much longer, so have no sympathy with your complaint.

Smelting does indeed glitch sometimes, but nobody found the cause afaik. You can use this macro
    /cast Smelting
    /run for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)=="Smelt Ghost Iron" then CloseTradeSkill() DoTradeSkill(i, GetItemCount("Ghost Iron Ore")/2) break end end

Bind it and press it twice the first time. Even this macro will glitch from time to time, but much less than normal smelting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Smelting has never glitched for me. I'd guess it's either a bug in your installation (try repair tools?) or some addon.

I often have it glitch after the first smelt, but never experienced it after that, not even with 100+ smelts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try prospecting. You can't even queue it so you have to be present to do every single push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had issues once in the past, was probably some addon. I use Skillet now.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    At least the milling goes more quickly. You can make a macro and simply hit the button. Takes half the time to mill a few bags of herbs than to smelt a lot of ore. Or course, you can't walk away at all from that process.
    Uhh, yeah, except the part where after you mill 100 stacks of herbs, you then need to craft the inks, which takes another 15-25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Nope smelting is pretty fast and easy. What they said that your claim of a glitch every 10-20 smelts sounds like your problem and not one of the game. I have never had that problem from smelting over many years on different servers.

The key difference with smelting is that you go away and it still carries on smelting for you. Milling , prospecting, disenchanting all take much longer, so have no sympathy with your complaint.
    Smelt 4 bagfulls. It takes a half hour, during which you can't do anything else in game. It's obscenely obnoxious. Try the cooking hat and see how fast you can craft with it. You'll see what I mean. Of course, if you're just doing a handful of stacks, anything works.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they should GW2 system, each time you craft something the cast speed increases slightly, so when you have 200 bars to smelt you don't have to stand there for 10mins.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Uhh, yeah, except the part where after you mill 100 stacks of herbs, you then need to craft the inks, which takes another 15-25 minutes.
    Inscription in general is obnoxious. I don't mind herbing at all, but managing over 500 unique glyphs is ridiculous. There is *no* way to be efficient without an addon, and wow shouldn't be designed that way.

Inscription is easily the most tedious profession in the game.

Deleted
    There is such a tool, it's called Alt-Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Try prospecting. You can't even queue it so you have to be present to do every single push.
    Or Enchanting, where you have to click on each item individually to disenchant it (without an addon) and then when enchanting, you have to manually put it on a vellum in your bag.