Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    We can enjoy the game again.
    Pretty much this. Outside of raiding the game is boring. No challenging heroics. Queue for everything. No need to make any friends. I hate what the casualization of the game has done to it outside of normal/hc raiding. Too much focus on single player play in an MMO.

I miss the pre LFG/LFR communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    There would be a few thousand players left. Which isn't enough to keep the servers running. Anyone who raids 3 or less days a week is a casual.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-28 at 10:49 AM.
    Aye mate

Define "casual" first, haha.

I have one friend who pays a sub and logs on once every 2 months, does some arena, does one part of LFR, then logs out.

I have one friend who's a start-and-stop kind of player where they play in spurts, LFR raider, and sometimes joins guild raid teams for a couple weeks to 2 months.

I have a bunch of friends who consistently show up for normal mode raids in a decent-ish raid guild of 10 friends.

Which are casuals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Define "casual" first, haha.

I have one friend who pays a sub and logs on once every 2 months, does some arena, does one part of LFR, then logs out.

I have one friend who's a start-and-stop kind of player where they play in spurts, LFR raider, and sometimes joins guild raid teams for a couple weeks to 2 months.

I have a bunch of friends who consistently show up for normal mode raids in a decent-ish raid guild of 10 friends.

Which are casuals?
    All 3 are.
    Aye mate

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a casual and I'm not going anywhere. WoW's an awesome casual game, you're just in denial of it being one. Even raiding in WoW is pretty damn casual compared to the shit from Everquest. What you so-called 'hardcore' babies need to understand is casualisation is good, it's here to stay and you're going to see more of it. Hardcore content is going to be phased out (or at least should) so I guess the question is...if you don't like the many improvements WoW has made to be more casual, why are you still here? Why are any of you getting butthurt about casualisation when it's clearly better for more people? If the game had content cut out of it like LFR or LFD or whatever else you little snowflakes seem to think have ruined your community (rather than you yourselves), why would I want to play it? I'm a casual, the game's being made for me now. You wouldn't care I didn't have something to play because you feel I don't "deserve" it. Well kiddies, I paid for it, I played it, I deserve it. I'm enjoying what I paid for, you're not. Too bad for you. You wouldn't care if the shoe was on the other foot, so why should casuals care that you're angry?

TL;DR casualisation is better, casualisation is staying, this is a casual game now so suck it up or move on
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casuals don't burn themselves out like the hardcore do, not a chance that all the casuals would be gone before the hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Whats an hardcore gamer and whats an casual ?

if you are online 10 hours per week and you have 13/13 you are hardcore
    if you are online 8 hours per day and havent killed a raid boss outside lfr ever you are casual ?

i dont get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    TL;DR casualisation is better, casualisation is staying, this is a casual game now so suck it up or move on
    It was a hypothetical question. So why are you angry?
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Less players = less money
    Less money = less payed workers
    Less payed workers = less content.
    Less content = Faster consumption

etc etc etc, remember, blizzard is a business and aims to please as many people as possible, with that being said. If they see a massive drop (lets go with sub 3m accounts) they may start to think what are they doing or what could they do to entice more players.
    Blizzard was a MUCH better company and made MUCH better products BEFORE they sold out. Greed destroyed them like many others.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    Whats an hardcore gamer and whats an casual ?

if you are online 10 hours per week and you have 13/13 you are hardcore
    if you are online 8 hours per day and havent killed a raid boss outside lfr ever you are casual ?

i dont get it
    4+ raid nights a week and 6/7 raid nights a week at a new patch is hardcore. Anything below is a casual.
    Aye mate

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I'm a casual and I'm not going anywhere. WoW's an awesome casual game, you're just in denial of it being one. Even raiding in WoW is pretty damn casual compared to the shit from Everquest. What you so-called 'hardcore' babies need to understand is casualisation is good, it's here to stay and you're going to see more of it. Hardcore content is going to be phased out (or at least should) so I guess the question is...if you don't like the many improvements WoW has made to be more casual, why are you still here? Why are any of you getting butthurt about casualisation when it's clearly better for more people? If the game had content cut out of it like LFR or LFD or whatever else you little snowflakes seem to think have ruined your community (rather than you yourselves), why would I want to play it? I'm a casual, the game's being made for me now. You wouldn't care I didn't have something to play because you feel I don't "deserve" it. Well kiddies, I paid for it, I played it, I deserve it. I'm enjoying what I paid for, you're not. Too bad for you. You wouldn't care if the shoe was on the other foot, so why should casuals care that you're angry?

So you call the hardcore special snowflakes and then use to the same attitude and say you're casual? I'm pretty sure 90% of the game hates you w/ that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Blizzard was a MUCH better company and made MUCH better products BEFORE they sold out. Greed destroyed them like many others.
    define sold out, and why you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    4+ raid nights a week and 6/7 raid nights a week at a new patch is hardcore. Anything below is a casual.
    why dose raiding define if your are a hardcore player?, i play alot, but only raid 3 days a week - if i told anyone that know me that im just a casual player thay would laugh at me

Deleted
    Screw the casuals.
    They ruined the real experience, on the pve and pvp aspect, of the game.
    You may say that trying to fit every single persons needs, should bring more players to the game, as there would be something for everyone.
    But all i see, is ever since blizzard made the game even more userfriendly than it allready was, the numbers have dropped.
    There is so little next to nothing to strive for, and for whatever is left.. I mean.. No one cares man.
    The days were better when you actually felt awesome when downing a boss or reaced a certain rating.

Either way, we don't care anymore. Stop making these kind of topics. Play the game or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddles View Post
    More sub loss? I don't think the casuals would leave before the hard core players though, the casuals seem a lot easier to please.
    All comes down to who you are calling a casual as the casual player base covers a very wide variety of players with different wants and needs. Not all casuals want mindless grinds and all content to be trivial or that they even see everything. There are casuals who focus more on the aspects of the game they enjoy than to chase the carrot and get burned out or QQ when they ate all their carrots. If casuals are supposed to be so easy to please then we wouldnt be having casuals leaving in what is being branded the most casual friendly expansion by "casuals" who claim their ideals are part of the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    why dose raiding define if your are a hardcore player?, i play alot, but only raid 3 days a week - if i told anyone that know me that im just a casual player thay would laugh at me
    It is more of a drawing the line that separates them from those who are "different" from them. It is all about segregation to promote their wants and belifes. In the end of the day most of the casual vs hardcore is really casuals vs casuals. There are a number of popular casual oriented games that are targeted towards casuals that far more player engagement from players than WoW does today in regards towards "casual" oriented content. WoWs casual content in MoP is largely targeted towards one type of casual. Flex mode is targeted towards casuals and shows that there is a demand for non-trivial group based content that is targeted towards casuals who do like engaging content. Not all casuals are the same despite what a very vocal segment of casuals like to claim.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-28 at 11:15 AM.

Define casual?

At the moment I pay 9 hours a week and that nets me VP cap on 2 characters, 2 13/13 HC ToT runs. It jumps by 90 minutes for each "PTR test" I need to participate it. At most, 14~ hours a week. Not a lot IMO.

easy answear at some point they will just merge servers and go f2p but were far away from this stillat least not until end of next epxpansion of not later.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no way to tell. There are casual players logging in a few hours a week doing heroic modes and people who never raid but play 40+ hours a week. same for pvp.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game dies. Simply, most of the players right now are casuals.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you claim to know what everyone would do, when you have no idea OP, I'm a casual, and i would stick around, because how many people play the game has fuck all to do with what i do in game, as with a lot of people, and a lot of casuals play the game on their own, or with a small group of friends, so just because other people leave,there would be no reason casuals would too.