10+ Year Old Account

Having second thoughts about building my own system.

I was planning on ordering the parts on the 9th of August, but they would be from half a dozen different places, and im afraid something or god forbid more then one thing comes broken. Also what if i break something trying to build it, and im also worried about warranty's if stuff that all comes from different places. Would i be better off just buying from a system builder site?

15+ Year Old Account
    Or, you can just buy it all from one place.
    I buy all mine from Amazon or New Egg, You really dont save alot of money buying from 5 or 6 different people. Amazon usually saves me money and shipping is very inexpensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    What place has the best return policies and or customer service?

10+ Year Old Account
    Newegg If you're from the US.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    So from 1150-1250. 100 more dollars to get everything at newegg only instead. I suppose im still getting a better deal then i would if i went with a prebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I suppose im still getting a better deal then i would if i went with a prebuilt.
    With DIY you always know exactly what you paid for, and don't need to roll a dice with "major brand this" or "generic" that parts you get from well known system builder sites. There's very little money to be gained anymore with DIY (usually around 10%), but whole lot of options you wouldn't have otherwise.

Just pick one or two stores to get all parts from instead of 6 unless some of those 6 are within walking distance. And keep all receipts and boxes intact for at least first half year if you need to RMA anything.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you are.
    Just make sure you read the build guides proberly and you wont have any issues.

Things to make sure of though:

- When applying thermal paste to the CPU socket, you apply a small pea sized paste in the middle of the CPU.
    - Standoffs need to be placed in the case before applying the motherboard.
    - When placing the CPU, DO NOT USE ANY FORCE; just place it above the pins and drop it very lightly.
    - Be very careful of scratching the motherboard while working on it with the CPU cooler, do not let things drop on it.
    - Don't do your building standing on a carpet, you will attract static electricity which may burn your components. Touch a radiator with bear metal to ground yourself.

Just watch this guide carefully : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2...1D9BF9F40D0E5E
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-07-28 at 11:37 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What place has the best return policies and or customer service?
    Physical stores like Best Buy and Frys = Amazon > Newegg > everything else

The only online retailers I would buy from are Amazon, NCIX US, and Newegg.

Newegg tends to be the cheapest due to their rotating sales.

For my first build, I went 40% Amazon, 30% Newegg, 30% Microcenter CPU deal because I purchased everything at once.

For my second build, I went 95% Newegg and 5% Frys because I snatched up deals one at a time over the course of 1-2 months.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-07-28 at 02:28 PM.