Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Bad dot uptime = no pyromaniac debuff on the boss = -10% damage most of the time

Living Bomb 2802342 11.0 % - - 33 36751.8 1212808 23 69110.2 1589534 02:18 (39.3 %)

Living Bomb 2625245 11.6 % - - 25 27626.6 690664 31 62405.8 1934581 01:55 (32.5 %)

Living Bomb 3137973 11.9 % - - 39 36841.6 1436824 21 81007.1 1701149 02:15 (42.5 %)

bad buff uptime = -15% damage most of the time, he might even run out of mana with this low uptime which prevents him from casting and beeing even more frustrated. talent is built so you are at about 20% mana just before the buff needs to be refreshed. Invoker's energy is very easy to maintain even in hardmode, look at his numbers below:

Invoker's Energy 3 185.9 58.1 %

Invoker's Energy 3 232.3 66.0 %

This is really a case of l2mage like Tiga pointed out below this post. If your mage is frustrated and doesn't know why he's low dps yet you state he was very good in t14 and t13 i'm really confused because nothing has really changed from t14 regardless of the spec you play. These are mostly basic mistakes that apply to any spec (not trying to bash here, just confused why he would be frustrated if the problems are so obvious)
    Last edited by mmocac3692bec9; 2013-07-29 at 10:51 AM.

Low DOT uptime is very typical for mages that underperform. They may be able to pull off their rotation well enough on a target dummy, but when boss mechanics are added to the mix, they just seem to forget how to play and performance plummets. The same goes for level 90 talents. The road to recovery starts with some well-designed WeakAuras. Maybe someone should write a "L2MAGE" addon that yells at the poor mage when a DOT falls off for more than a second, procs go unused or level 90 talents aren't being maxed out. Alter Time can also become "Falter Time" very easily (it can be confusing).

For anyone struggling with raid DPS: find the spec that you think feels best to you and then learn to play it so well you could do it with your eyes closed and one half of your brain sleeping and the other in a coma. I've met far too many players who try a spec or a class for a short time and then get frustrated because they aren't performing well enough in their minds. I definitely don't play my alts as well as my main, nor put as much effort into them. Some people never find a main that they focus on because they expect results too quickly.

Most of you have touched on things I have tried to tell him already:

- Play the one u are most comfortable with (Frost)...
    - Be patient and don't compare yourself to the rest of the team until u have your BIS gear for at least normals...
    - Don't read too much into Raidbots, what your seeing with frost lower on the list is SOME of the better geared mages switching to Fire, whereas if they had stayed frost, it would be higher as well...
    - Raidbots and WoL doesnt give u a split on gear lvl (if it does or a tool that does i do not know of it)....
    - The low dot uptime was due to not knowing fire very well and getting sidetracked on ignites...
    - Stay frost and if u want revisit fire once u get ur 4pc and maybe Cha ye trinket, but dont feel that u must play fire...
    - Be Patient....be patient....be patient...

But yes the current armory post he has now is his frost spec/gemming. Things I have noticed there are his hit is above cap and if gemmed/reforged for straight haste, he will be just below the 12684 haste point (12357 w/PandarenStep)....so go for the 12043 point and reforge the 200 or so to mastery?

And just to clarify that in mmo-champion.com/threads/1302459-Frost-Haste-Caps-amp-You-Quick-Guide?highlight=frost+haste+breakpoints

It says to gem/reforge haste>int>mastery to get to the highest breakpoint....then once there gem/reforge int>haste>mastery until you get the gear to get to next....this still holds true? I guess we would have to do some testing to see what results he gets with giving a few K worth of int to make breakpoints. But it sounds like a plan to me.

Thx again for the assistance