Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Poor Malky Mackay. I hope that prick of a chairman gets slapped about by some British and EU employment law.
    The Cardiff City chairman probably wants to give the manager job to his son. So that he can back-seat drive the team. Good on Malky for not quitting, if the Chairman is going to be a dick about things then stay on for the severance payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The Cardiff City chairman probably wants to give the manager job to his son. So that he can back-seat drive the team. Good on Malky for not quitting, if the Chairman is going to be a dick about things then stay on for the severance payment.
    If that happens they go down. Bad thing in my opinion, Cardiff is a class club with similar supporters, especially at home. Mackay will find a new club before you can say sacked, he did and does a good job with Cardiff.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

10+ Year Old Account
    If Allardyce ends up at Spurs then Mackay will be at the front doors of Upton Park before Big Sam cleans out his desk.

I really hope the board goes against Tam on this, it's bullying beyond mere owner-with-control freak issues, not even Abramovich comes close to this crap.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2013-12-20 at 12:16 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Poor Mackay. No one should have to work under someone like that. He might be a good business man, but he don't know much about football. Mackay will get a new job fast, I'd wager, after the work he's done in Cardiff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how someone could even make it as a good business man when his brain seems to follow the line of "give my son, or his friends, or whatever a job they aren't qualified for ... because ... why not".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I don't understand how someone could even make it as a good business man when his brain seems to follow the line of "give my son, or his friends, or whatever a job they aren't qualified for ... because ... why not".
    Lot's of people don't really regard football as a proper business, and that even goes for some of the people that own them.

Clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, etc. get lambasted for acting like a proper business and not getting up to their eyeballs in unmanageable debt, or as it is commonly called lacking ambition.

Of course, when it goes tits up (Leeds, Portsmouth, etc.), the owners get slated for not running the club as a business and getting up to their eyeballs in unmanageable debt

In order to understand the reasoning behind the owner of Cardiff, you need to look at why he bought the club, and none of his actions seem to show that he has any interest in football whatsoever.

Promoting his son's friend to a position of responsibility within a normal company would often be fine, as nobody outside of that company would be any the wiser. Doing so in a football club, where the media will tell everybody about it, is suicidal, as that kid has to deal with other people who know he only got the job due to being the owner's son's best mate - he has lost any credibility before he even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If Allardyce ends up at Spurs then Mackay will be at the front doors of Upton Park before Big Sam cleans out his desk.
    Please don't tell me there's some talk of Fat Sam going to Spurs! Someone wake me up and tell me this is all a bad dream

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25464611

Oh god that dude is making a mistake.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Our Luis Suarez signs new contract. Fuck yeah .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still convinced that he will leave if Liverpool fail to make it into the top 4 this season, just for more money of course.

"Tan said he was "extremely upset" after Mackay revealed he was hoping to recruit three new players in the January transfer window."

This sentence alone just makes me feel...bad. Perhaps he can't manage 3 new players? But if he can and is being greedy, ...no ambition.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

15+ Year Old Account
    Liverpool 3-0 up at half time, Suarez 2 goals and an assist... seriously if Liverpool don't finish top 4 then I'll eat my hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn, Liverpool are in fire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    damn, Liverpool are in fire
    Indeed, and it's pleasant to watch them play too... and this coming from a United fan :P

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Indeed, and it's pleasant to watch them play too... and this coming from a United fan :P
    *It is a pleasure to watch them play, so long as they are playing a team that you aren't a supporter of

10+ Year Old Account
    Young scored again is he back to his old self? O.o..

no way does Man City beat Barcelona with players like Clichy

10+ Year Old Account
    FFS Young, stop scoring, you'll make people think you're worth keeping after January.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch them score 1 now because Buttner can't defend.

And there you go, not in line with the other defenders. zzzz