Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Wink Get rid of a fat belly (how?)

Just came back from my holiday and realized my belly was slightly bigger than usual. I know i can do sit-ups but is there a more efficient way getting rid of that xtra fat?
    Feel free to speculate on my gender.

Situps do essentially nothing to get rid of abdominal fat. If you want to shed fat, you need to eat correctly.

sit ups will increase the size of your muscles, not reduce the breadth of your belly.

That fat is stored energy that you need to use up. Eat less, move more (sit ups work as movement to burn energy, but any other sport will also do)
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Situps do essentially nothing to get rid of abdominal fat. If you want to shed fat, you need to eat correctly.
    They help with toning at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Spectral said just stay active and cut down on grains and such. Its tough not sure how you are with food but it makes quite a difference if you can maintain it for a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    need to know more about your diet really, thats where the biggest changes come from. and any exercise will do really, doing situps will build muscle, but others can be better at burning fat.
    dragonmaw - EU

like this

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    You're probably male. Other than taking care of your diet and exercising there isn't anything else you can do. There is no magic life hack to make extra fat disappear. The diet is probably 70% of the process, exercising being only 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    like this

You almost gave me an apoplexy.

stop drinking beer, if it is a beer belly it'll go down if you hold off the pints for a month and eat some salads.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    The diet is probably 70% of the process, exercising being only 30%.
    There's no reason to assign them percentages or any coherent way to do so. Burning calories is just as feasible of a means of fat loss as consuming less of them. Individuals need to figure out what works well for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    stop drinking beer, if it is a beer belly it'll go down if you hold off the pints for a month and eat some salads.
    There is no such thing as a "beer belly".

you might want to come to the UK walk around some pubs at night and check out the regulars, they didn't grow those bellies from eating sausage rolls.

Eat better and if you wan to get rid of it a bit faster, start running or any other variation of cardio.

you might want to come to the UK walk around some pubs at night and check out the regulars, they didn't grow those bellies from eating sausage rolls.
    People that consume more calories than they burn add fat. It doesn't matter if it's beer or bread, the result is the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's no reason to assign them percentages or any coherent way to do so. Burning calories is just as feasible of a means of fat loss as consuming less of them. Individuals need to figure out what works well for them.
    What I meant to say is that the diet is more important than exercising. You can do all the cardio you can if you will only go and eat at McDonalds and drink 1l of Pepsi per day.

Myfitnesspal App. Follow it. Count your calories, what you eat. Basically best thing to do is eat healthy and no alcohol. Combine that w/ about 20-30 of running/ cardio and you'll drop it fast. I've lost over 30 this year by quitting drinking. The stubborn stuff is going down by controlling what I eat, less processed foods (sugar) and with cardio.

10+ Year Old Account
    They got these bellies from taking in more callories than they managed to burn off. Be it beer or sausagerolls, the fat will be stored regardless if you eat / drink too much.

and thats all i was saying really was, if you lay off drinking for a while it will reduce your belly and ass size. there is a bit of a combination between drinking eating badly and not exercising which is the accumulative effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    and thats all i was saying really was, if you lay off drinking for a while it will reduce your belly and ass size.
    depends what you replace it with, if you replace it with staying home watching TV and eating, it won't make any difference. if you replace it with going for a walk, thats good.
    dragonmaw - EU

upper body strength training.

Muscle requires more calories to sustain itself, by increasing your muscle mass in other parts of your body you will drain the reserves around your abdomen. Eating healthy is also advised, but for exercise, muscle > aerobic.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted