Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brewmasters and level 75 talent[s] and dampen harm

hi everyone.

im not sure if there was a thread or a post related to this but in particular of dampen harm.

with alot of end game builds being significantly high in mastery and in health, other then the obvious would u ever would dampen harm?

of the 3 charges, it just doesnt seem to proc anything because of the stagger and the health being higher then 20% of max hp; and my OS is around 535 with some heroic pieces.

Dampen Harm is used on any fight with large physical dmg hits. I guarantee you it will be triggered on Heroic Horridon, Ji-kun, Durumu, Dark Animus, Qon, and Lei-Shen.

If you're talking about normal welll ... at 535 you outgear the content by 26ilvls or so ... of course it's less likely to be used then. Or I suppose, if you're "doing it wrong" and stacking stamina enchants, flask, meta/gemming etc.

oh no i dont use stamina enchants or anything like that.

i understand for things like triple puncture, explosive slam, talon rake and the likes its useful esp becuse its 45s duration with 3 charges but otherwise its just a good boss anti-killer type move?

then its fine the way it is?

use Healing Elixier if you feel that Dampen harm isnt worth. And there is no need for Difuse Magic.
    Everything else stellvia said.

thanks alot.

i tried healing elixirs once and its actully not bad with decent stagger %. its a nice return self self with guard and what not and goign with purifying brew .

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    use Healing Elixier if you feel that Dampen harm isnt worth. And there is no need for Difuse Magic.
    Couldn't disagree with that more. Healing Elixir is only good if you're too lazy to use the other skills.

Unless you severely outgear the content both Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic have their uses depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    Haha what

Diffuse magic is ridiculously useful. Have you never tanked Megaera or Lei Shi?

Dampen Harm also has some great uses, e.g. Ji Kun, Horridon, Lei Shen, Dark Animus, etc.

Healing Elixirs is only to be used in those rare boss fights where there's no dangerous magic damage and the boss hits like a wet noodle. Which is basically no fight ever, because that particular fight sounds like a faceroll!

Dampen Harm for single, hard-hitting abilities (both physical and magic dmg) and Diffuse Magic for smaller attacks or ticks in quick succession (Mageara breaths, taking stacks on Qon)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use Healing Elixirs for any fight though doing 25m guarantees that Dampen Harm charges will get used or as mentioned the fight calls for Diffuse Magic instead.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Council is the only fight you could consider an argument for Healing Elixirs.

Primordius is the only fight I use Healing Elixirs on since he has a bunch of rapid weak hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Dampen Harm for single, hard-hitting abilities (both physical and magic dmg) and Diffuse Magic for smaller attacks or ticks in quick succession (Mageara breaths, taking stacks on Qon)
    What do you use diffuse on Iron Qon? Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not sure what is worth diffusing on that fight as a tank, unless you're stacking with melee in p1 and dying to the explosions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    What do you use diffuse on Iron Qon? Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not sure what is worth diffusing on that fight as a tank, unless you're stacking with melee in p1 and dying to the explosions?
    IQ doesn't really have any physical abilities vs tanks outside of his general melee so kind of lackluster to use DH just for the sake of eating regular melee swings. DM will lessen the sting of the spear dot ticks. Neither talent option are especially great or required on that fight.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Personally I more or less keep dampen harm for every fight. If I were less lazy, I'd spec into healing elixirs for every fight between & including council to Primordius. Then for twins, and maybe Qon/LS/Ra-den. Or I could just be lazy and stick with dampen >_> I'm not a big diffuse fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Personally I more or less keep dampen harm for every fight. If I were less lazy, I'd spec into healing elixirs for every fight between & including council to Primordius. Then for twins, and maybe Qon/LS/Ra-den. Or I could just be lazy and stick with dampen >_> I'm not a big diffuse fan.
    So you would choose Healing Elixirs over Diffuse for Megaera? Maybe it is a 10m thing, but Diffuse is extremely handy when your healer is off running frost beam when a breath is incoming. Pop Diffuse Magic and watch your health bar not move. Durumu, it is extremely handy if you get the debuff that spawns the adds. Get Debuff, pop Diffuse. It removes it, and no adds. Again might be a 10m thing but tanks get the debuff fairly often. Win!

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    IQ doesn't really have any physical abilities vs tanks outside of his general melee so kind of lackluster to use DH just for the sake of eating regular melee swings. DM will lessen the sting of the spear dot ticks. Neither talent option are especially great or required on that fight.
    Pretty sure that, as a bleed, Impale does physical damage.

On Primordius, Primordial Strike should be big enough and (just barely) frequent enough that Dampen Harm is better than the alternatives. However, Dampen Harm will almost never proc on normal 10s or LFR with only a few exceptions.

Megaera is probably the only no-brainer fight for Diffuse Magic, but you can make non-insane arguments for a number of other fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    Pretty sure that, as a bleed, Impale does physical damage.
    You are right was thinking it was fire damage or something (I call IQ the Feng of ToT).

I use Diffuse on
    - H Council (Frigid Assault + Discharge)
    - H Megeara (not sure why you wouldn't on this one)
    - H Consorts (Tears of Sun P1 w/ Beast on me, Fan of Flames P2, Non-slowed Tidal Force or Nuclear Inferno P3)

Not to H Lei Shen yet I think there is an argument for both options? Though I'd probably stick with DH.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    On Primordius, Primordial Strike should be big enough and (just barely) frequent enough that Dampen Harm is better than the alternatives. However, Dampen Harm will almost never proc on normal 10s or LFR with only a few exceptions.

Megaera is probably the only no-brainer fight for Diffuse Magic, but you can make non-insane arguments for a number of other fights.
    On Primordius it's no so much a single attack as a combination of his attacks, evolutions, and raid damage distracting healers. Some times that short cooldown but potentially long spanning CD against the Primordial Strike is worth having up.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    So you would choose Healing Elixirs over Diffuse for Megaera? Maybe it is a 10m thing, but Diffuse is extremely handy when your healer is off running frost beam when a breath is incoming. Pop Diffuse Magic and watch your health bar not move. Durumu, it is extremely handy if you get the debuff that spawns the adds. Get Debuff, pop Diffuse. It removes it, and no adds. Again might be a 10m thing but tanks get the debuff fairly often. Win!
    In 25m you also only get one healer following the tank around as well. If my healer gets frost beamed while I'm tanking the green head away from the rest of the raid, I'll just hit guard and be at full hp 10 seconds later whether or not a breath occurred.

Like I said, the big deciding factor for me is inertia so I roll with dampen harm on every fight, but there are definitely fights that healing elixirs are better than dampen harm. And I'm sure there are fights that diffuse magic is better than the other two, I just don't min/max for farm, but personally I do believe the number of fights where elixirs is superior beats the number of fights diffuse is better.