Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Where is a 15% heal, that is relatively uncontrolled because it triggers on any of your brews, going to be better than DRs with short cooldowns that you can use for surviving major issues on progression?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Durumu, it is extremely handy if you get the debuff that spawns the adds. Get Debuff, pop Diffuse. It removes it, and no adds. Again might be a 10m thing but tanks get the debuff fairly often. Win!
    I don't think I have ever been targeted by this debuff I assumed I was immune, possible it's coded to where only 10m tanks are valid targets? I didn't think Blizz ever split role immunity between raid sizes or maybe just lucky and never got focused?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the debuff as a tank in 25H, only 2 or 3 times the entire time I've been though though.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    You are right was thinking it was fire damage or something (I call IQ the Feng of ToT).

I use Diffuse on
    - H Council (Frigid Assault + Discharge)
    - H Megeara (not sure why you wouldn't on this one)
    - H Consorts (Tears of Sun P1 w/ Beast on me, Fan of Flames P2, Non-slowed Tidal Force or Nuclear Inferno P3)

Not to H Lei Shen yet I think there is an argument for both options? Though I'd probably stick with DH.
    You can use DM for P3 for the dot. Or you can go with DH in P1 to help eat decapitates. I was using DH for decapitates because the other tank is off picking up adds while I'm tanking during the decapitate so zen medding it isn't really reliable I've figured out whether or not I get the decap to eat it or a melee to eat it. So I've been using DH (PS now instead) + Fort Brew to live through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Where is a 15% heal, that is relatively uncontrolled because it triggers on any of your brews, going to be better than DRs with short cooldowns that you can use for surviving major issues on progression?
    Depends a little on your raid and strat, but:

1.) Horridon - he doesn't do enough damage to proc dampen harm while we're killing adds, and his enrage lasts for under 20 seconds of fort brew if your dps is good, and/or if you're not the primary Horridon tank during enrage (ie if you have a paladin), or if your strat involves burning Horridon instead of killing wargod.
    2.) Council - nothing procs dampen, and I guess 6 sec of diffuse is nice but you're taking way more than 6 secs of frigid assault every 1:30, better to have constant damage going on to prevent healers getting bored and healing someone else and suddenly your damage intake ramps up.
    3.) Tortos, bat tank - they don't proc dampen, diffuse is eh.
    4.) Primordius as a maybe - nothing procs dampen harm for me here, no use for diffuse.
    5.) Iron qon, 2tank - assuming you 2-tanked (some of the first guilds did, like Method & BL), nothing procs dampen and you don't need diffuse.
    6.) Somewhat up in the air for both twins & LS, although slightly more on LS. The only time that I actually used dampen on our kill was to soak a point blank decap which combined with fort brew & guard, was like five times more overkill than necessary ...

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Depends a little on your raid and strat, but:

1.) Horridon - he doesn't do enough damage to proc dampen harm while we're killing adds, and his enrage lasts for under 20 seconds of fort brew if your dps is good, and/or if you're not the primary Horridon tank during enrage (ie if you have a paladin), or if your strat involves burning Horridon instead of killing wargod.
    2.) Council - nothing procs dampen, and I guess 6 sec of diffuse is nice but you're taking way more than 6 secs of frigid assault every 1:30, better to have constant damage going on to prevent healers getting bored and healing someone else and suddenly your damage intake ramps up.
    3.) Tortos, bat tank - they don't proc dampen, diffuse is eh.
    4.) Primordius as a maybe - nothing procs dampen harm for me here, no use for diffuse.
    5.) Iron qon, 2tank - assuming you 2-tanked (some of the first guilds did, like Method & BL), nothing procs dampen and you don't need diffuse.
    6.) Somewhat up in the air for both twins & LS, although slightly more on LS. The only time that I actually used dampen on our kill was to soak a point blank decap which combined with fort brew & guard, was like five times more overkill than necessary ...
    It would have to depend a lot on your raid and strat. Those sound mostly like analysis of farmed content rather than progression content. The only two that would make a decent argument for HE are Council and Tortos for bats only. HE would have to ignore the windstorm effect on Iron Qon (just assuming as a heal it doesn't) to be a better choice over the options that DM gives you. I can see LS being a toss up depending on your platform strats though.

The biggest problem with HE is that you lack any real control over it. You can't keep it for when you need it to not make it just accumulate as mostly overhealing. I mean you could try but delaying your brews is likely to cause more trouble than it's worth. In the majority of case, both DH and DM separately give you better control over the respective situations you would want to use either one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    That's what I was using it for. But I figured DM would be better for Phase 3 so I went with that instead. We haven't killed yet, best attempt was 17%. But I use a PS instead of Dampen with a Fort Brew and Guard for soaking my Decap before the first transition.

For tortos, DH does reduce the damage of quake stomp. Helps keep your shield up in case you get blind sided by a fast moving turtle and the bats were close for w/e reason. But I think that it only last long enough for one quake so meh, might not be great, but seems to be nice for an early stomp and a late stomp where healers can then dps or heal more.

We tried the kiting method for a long time on H Tortos, but it just proved too problematic. So eventually we decided to just draw every bat spawn onto the boss/tank and we would AOE the bats with the boss, and I would still hold aggro on the bats and just sorta circle-strafe them, use stuns, drive-by keg smash them, etc. And we got a kill 2 pulls later that way.