Deleted

Frost or Fire in patch 5.3/5.4

Yo my nigs.

I used to play frost quite a lot in 5.2, and I really liked it because of it's straight up damage.
    Compared to fire, I didn't need to depend on luck whether to do good dps or not when I was playing Frost.
    And I liked that a lot. But I did lack the mobility to do damage on the run as you can do as fire.

At the moment I'm playing Fire with 47.11% critchance selfbuffed (slightly more when I have pots/food) but I can still have these
    annoying streaks where I can cast 10 fireballs in a row without any crit. So I have been thinking of switching to Frost, but I'm not quite sure yet
    since fire should outpreform frost at my current ilvl and crit. (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Ezzpify/simple).

(inb4 "play what you want". It's just a matter of preforming better for me, since I enjoy both Fire and Frost, but I liked that Frost didn't have any RNG to beat when gearing)

What's your opinion on Frost vs Fire in the current patch?
    And when the new mastery knocks on the door in 5.4 (something PvE mages can actually benefit from) do you think Frost will outpreform Fire?
    Or will Firemages just annihilate every other spec because of the amount of crit the new 5.4 gear gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Yo my nigs.

I used to play frost quite a lot in 5.2, and I really liked it because of it's straight up damage.
    Compared to fire, I didn't need to depend on luck whether to do good dps or not when I was playing Frost.
    And I liked that a lot. But I did lack the mobility to do damage on the run as you can do as fire.

At the moment I'm playing Fire with 47.11% critchance selfbuffed (slightly more when I have pots/food) but I can still have these
    annoying streaks where I can cast 10 fireballs in a row without any crit. So I have been thinking of switching to Frost, but I'm not quite sure yet
    since fire should outpreform frost at my current ilvl and crit. (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Ezzpify/simple).

(inb4 "play what you want". It's just a matter of preforming better for me, since I enjoy both Fire and Frost, but I liked that Frost didn't have any RNG to beat when gearing)

What's your opinion on Frost vs Fire in the current patch?
    And when the new mastery knocks on the door in 5.4 (something PvE mages can actually benefit from) do you think Frost will outpreform Fire?
    Or will Firemages just annihilate every other spec because of the amount of crit the new 5.4 gear gives?
    Fire is going to get a nerf one way or another but as of now the new frost mastery doesn't seem like its going to compete with fire next patch either. Blizz could surprise everyone and actually care that frost is have issues in pve but I doubt it and with apparently move movement next tier then there is now arcane seems like it will fall behind too. I played frost till 547 ilvl then switched to arcane, I love frost but I couldn't ignore the fact that I out geared it so much. Difference was immediately noticeable, best rank was an 8 on heroic mag and it was 47k higher the my 5 tank as frost. So if you don't like RNG of fire I suggest going arcane for the rest of the tier and waiting till 5.4 numbers become more clear before locking in a change.
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2013-07-29 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Yo my nigs.
    This guy. I like this guy.

Fire is such a wonderful spec and yet such a huge pain in the ass. If you've never gotten 4 crit Pyroblasts in a row right before Lei Shi hides, you've never experienced true rage.