Thread: Northrend?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Northrend?

ok seen as we have been in azoroth and now gong back to outland, do you think theres more to nothrend?, I personally would one day like to go back and find some new loe etc

First of all, we're not going back to Outland. We're visiting an alternate timeline and going to Draenor. As for going back to Northrend? I personally love Northrend, but for the time being, I think we've gotten the most out of it and it's done.

Deleted
    Wut.....

Technically we aren't going back to Outland we are going back to Draenor which is Outland before it was all blown up and stuff. We aren't discovering anything new that adds on to old Outland just going to a place that predates it. Northrend is a continent with it's borders all already discovered so no, there is nothing new to be found in Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Bolvar Couldn't Keep it In His Pants

-Level Cap raised to 420
    -Class Squish: Tank, Healer and DPS are the only 3 classes you need
    -Main Antagonists being Bolvar and Sylvanas. They're models have been changed to Robert Downey Jr. and Emma Watson to drum up sales.
    -1,234 new quests, we counted! Many of them are arbitrary, but we wanted a cool number
    -New Ice-Skating Mounts so that you feel like you got something new.
    -Grand Master riding at +315% for 250,000 Gold
    -More raid bosses than EVER BEFORE! Too bad they're ALL tank 'n' spanks with basic tank swaps.
    -3 Dungeons, but don't worry, there are 57 Scenarios.
    -New Profession: Ice Sculpting!
    -New Dances

were not going back to outland. were going back in time to before it blew up.

there wasnt really anything much on northrend before the lich king showed up that we havent seen already
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post

-Level Cap raised to 420
    -Main Antagonists being Bolvar and Sylvanas. They're models have been changed to Robert Downey Jr. and Emma Watson to drum up sales.
    -1,234 new quests, we counted! Many of them are arbitrary, but we wanted a cool number
    -More raid bosses than EVER BEFORE! Too bad they're ALL tank 'n' spanks with basic tank swaps.
    -New Dances
    I don't know if it's because I'm tired right now, but I really ROFL'd at this. You sir win the interwebz this evening. ^^

In response to OP, quit jumping the gun there kid. It wasn't all that long ago we were in Northrend. We still have other places to deal with and other threats to punch in the throat.
    As far as Draenor, we are going back to old Draenor it's not getting a revamp as the 60-70 questing/leveling is still there.

You Arthas fanboys are as bad as the Sephiroth fangirls, makes me sick really.
    Last edited by hanketsu; 2013-11-17 at 08:08 AM.

-Level Cap raised to 420
    -New Dances
    -You can buy level 410s!
    -All gear is also assigned as Tank, Healer and DPS gear. Hunters will be the only DPS class and will need all items though. Bring back the nostalgia!
    -Oh and how the sales will rise!
    -And only 1,200 of them are dailies!
    -Will be unlocked in a future patch after grinding a quest for until the end of expansion patch.
    -You also get a free gold sink in the mail!
    -Patchwerk was a favorite, why change what is not broken?
    -And only seven will be Heroic Scenarios! Oh, and only one of the three is a normal dungeon. The other two are Heroic BRD and another Heroic Magister's Terrace, because the last one was merely a setback!
    -Remember Survival Skills that made torches? Just think of ice instead of fire!
    -That's right! Female Worgen Dance for everyone! We will add more unnecessary hand movements though so it feels more fresh and new!

To answer OP: They did say they wanted to leave the Bolvar story open so they could continue it one day ~.
    Last edited by Alimente1; 2013-11-17 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    short answer, no.

Never say never, Blizzard would have to get really creative to give us a reason to go back, but it could be done sure. I bet no one expected to go to draenor 30 years ago up until last week.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Never say never, Blizzard would have to get really creative to give us a reason to go back, but it could be done sure. I bet no one expected to go to draenor 30 years ago up until last week.
    Actually, ive been expecting that we would go to draenor since I first learned about it in early Cata. However, Northrend has pretty much nothing to go back to lore wise. I mean, maybe we would go back to go under ground to the bug people and spend the entire expansion in a vast, underground counterpart of Northrend. Going to Northrend itself though, not a snowballs chance in Sholazar! There just isn't anything there now with the Lich King taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Actually, ive been expecting that we would go to draenor since I first learned about it in early Cata. However, Northrend has pretty much nothing to go back to lore wise. I mean, maybe we would go back to go under ground to the bug people and spend the entire expansion in a vast, underground counterpart of Northrend. Going to Northrend itself though, not a snowballs chance in Sholazar! There just isn't anything there now with the Lich King taken care of.
    Not sure if troll post or not, but I'm 120% sure you have no idea Blizzards plans for future content, and going back to Northrend, even with 1 simple quest is not only possible, but 100% plausible. The very fact we went back to outland in MoP for the warlock green fire quest makes it even more plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor != Outland.

I'd guess, eventually, Bolvar and the 'new and improved Scourge'™ will be unleashed on Azeroth; yet, I don't see THAT happening anytime soon.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    I'd love to go back to Northrend, but only if it was a launch pad for an invasion into Azjol'Nerub proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioz View Post
    ok seen as we have been in azoroth and now gong back to outland, do you think theres more to nothrend?, I personally would one day like to go back and find some new loe etc
    eventually, we'll have to deal with the bugs under northrend and their old god, assuming it isn't/wasn't Yogg'saron.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not sure if troll post or not, but I'm 120% sure you have no idea Blizzards plans for future content, and going back to Northrend, even with 1 simple quest is not only possible, but 100% plausible. The very fact we went back to outland in MoP for the warlock green fire quest makes it even more plausible.
    Im the troll post? Get real. I did that quest. We went to the black temple and several minor sites of great importance to warlocks lore wise to witness visions of the past. That hardly constitutes as "going back to outland". No, I don't have any idea what their plans are. However, I can say with 100% certainty there is no more lore to be had in Northrend. None. The story began and ended with the Lich King. No that we have established there is no lore reason to go back, we can look at the technical aspect of it. Northrend is the entire 70-80leveling process. How in the world would you level from 70-80 anymore? Entire massive phasing through out the entire continent? Can't do that. I like being able to go and do the dailies, or the raids that are in Northrend.

Get real. There is no lore to support going back. There would be huge technical hurdles to overcome to have it host a whole no leveling process while still allowing us to go do the old content such as raids. Not to mention, who wants to level in the same exact zones, but 20+ levels later with harder mobs? As soon as you can think of any lore reason to go back to Northrend, let me know. Because without a story, there is no reason to be there. Oh, and let me know your plans for supporting leveling there by a higher group while letting that same group experience the lower level part. And a plan to get people excited to level in the same place they already leveled in!

In short, not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    eventually, we'll have to deal with the bugs under northrend and their old god, assuming it isn't/wasn't Yogg'saron.
    I don't think there is nearly enough of them left to really have to deal with. We took out a ton of their key leaders / figure heads through dungeons and raids. Not to mention the ones we fought against usually had the Lich King pulling the strings. He even summons one in the ToC raid. The rest pretty much didn't care about our being there.

Deleted

-Level Cap raised to 420
    -New Dances
    one of the best posts i've ever read thanks a lot, mate

Im the troll post? Get real. I did that quest. We went to the black temple and several minor sites of great importance to warlocks lore wise to witness visions of the past. That hardly constitutes as "going back to outland". No, I don't have any idea what their plans are. However, I can say with 100% certainty there is no more lore to be had in Northrend. None. The story began and ended with the Lich King. No that we have established there is no lore reason to go back, we can look at the technical aspect of it. Northrend is the entire 70-80leveling process. How in the world would you level from 70-80 anymore? Entire massive phasing through out the entire continent? Can't do that. I like being able to go and do the dailies, or the raids that are in Northrend.

Get real. There is no lore to support going back. There would be huge technical hurdles to overcome to have it host a whole no leveling process while still allowing us to go do the old content such as raids. Not to mention, who wants to level in the same exact zones, but 20+ levels later with harder mobs? As soon as you can think of any lore reason to go back to Northrend, let me know. Because without a story, there is no reason to be there. Oh, and let me know your plans for supporting leveling there by a higher group while letting that same group experience the lower level part. And a plan to get people excited to level in the same place they already leveled in!

In short, not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there is nearly enough of them left to really have to deal with. We took out a ton of their key leaders / figure heads through dungeons and raids. Not to mention the ones we fought against usually had the Lich King pulling the strings. He even summons one in the ToC raid. The rest pretty much didn't care about our being there.
    not a troll, just ignorant. We already went back to northrend in patch 5.1, besides the fact that there is an old god there, plus you yourself state there is an entire kingdom underneath which is enough reason to go back. "never gonna happen" is one of the stupidest things you can say, especially when dealing with a company like blizzard who ret-con their own lore. Also saying there is no lore, is also pretty stupid, considering all the lore they made up in pandaria, they could easily make up a lore reason to go back. Or it could be as simple as making one of the races there a playable race, and instancing one of the zones or a small area of a zone as a starter area. Or a epic deathknight quest chain to unlock a special power or item. There are plenty of reasons they could send us back. No one is saying we are going to have another expansion based there, only you, and youre kinda making yourself look foolish by doing so.

Edit- Also despite you saying we didnt go back to outland, I did that quest, and I physically had to go to outland, so we technically and factually did go back there. so you are wrong about that.
    Last edited by Brainiack; 2013-11-17 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiack View Post
    not a troll, just ignorant. We already went back to northrend in patch 5.1, besides the fact that there is an old god there, plus you yourself state there is an entire kingdom underneath which is enough reason to go back. "never gonna happen" is one of the stupidest things you can say, especially when dealing with a company like blizzard who ret-con their own lore. Also saying there is no lore, is also pretty stupid, considering all the lore they made up in pandaria, they could easily make up a lore reason to go back. Or it could be as simple as making one of the races there a playable race, and instancing one of the zones or a small area of a zone as a starter area. Or a epic deathknight quest chain to unlock a special power or item. There are plenty of reasons they could send us back.

Edit- Also despite you saying we didnt go back to outland, I did that quest, and I physically had to go to outland, so we technically and factually did go back there. so you are wrong about that.
    I am not wrong. We did not "go back to outland" in the sense that they want to go back to Northrend. We went there for a few visions spread through out the land and ended in Black Temple where the primary killing happened.

Also, the old god? Yogg Saron was defeated already. The kingdom underneath is not of any concern. The ones that attacked were under the Lich Kings influence. They are now dead. We got rid of them. Not to mention the entierty of the kingdom was to be its own zone. However, they split it up into two dungeons. So we have already seen their kingdom. Anub'arak was their king, and he is now dead.

Making up the lore for an entire new continent =/= making up new lore for an old continent. The lore for Northend began and ended with the Lich King. He is dead. They cannot "easily" make up lore to return to Northrend. The entire reason we went was to finally put an end to Arthas, and we accomplished that. The ones not under the Lich Kings control helped and aided us. Thus the quests in both dungeons given out by them.

What race would be playable that would even give enough lore for us to return to Northrend? The Tuskar just fish. They Vykrul were again, acting under the Lich Kings orders.

Other then that, having a quest to send us back there for a very short time or having a starting zone for a new race =/= us going back. By going back, the OP meant another expansion focusing on Northrend itself. Not a few instances like with the warlock quest focusing on One old raid and a bunch of visions scattered through out the region. Not to mention that was restricted to one class only.

All of this ignores the a few key points. If we are not going back to go under ground (why would we when the Anub that remain are our allies), we cannot quest up top. They cannot phase the entire Northrend to now be for Higher levels and a separate one for Lower levels that neither could access. That would be hurting transmog and mount runs. Then you have the entire fact that we have already quested there. If we were ever back, it would need to be drasticlly different. Who would alter the entire continent with the Lich King keeping the undead at bay?

Northrend was the Lich King. No more baddies there means no more reason to go. The only god that was there was Yogg-Saron and we defeated him.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-11-17 at 11:39 AM.

I am not wrong. We did not "go back to outland" in the sense that they want to go back to Northrend. We went there for a few visions spread through out the land and ended in Black Temple where the primary killing happened.
    So we didn't go back to Outland, but we did go back to Outland. I didn't even bother reading the rest, beyond rediculous.